BreatheHeavy Vlog Response: Kevin Hart Says He Won't "Go Crazy" Like Britney Spears

Jordan Miller

• Leader

I have a few issues with what Kevin Hart said.

I have a few issues with Kevin Hart saying he won't "go crazy" like Britney Spears did.

Hart sat down with Kenan Thompson for a Sirius XM Town Hall this week, and opened up about his concept of fame, and while he won't "allow" himself to go down a path like Britney, and while he makes some valid points, there's a couple of things Hart fails to realize.

"Fame is false. This s--t ain't real. It can be snatched from you. Look at how many stars they build up to beat down," he explained. "Look at Britney Spears when she was the hottest thing ever. Then Britney went through a meltdown and everybody is like 'Well we don't know about this f--king chick here.' Then she got back again and everybody was like, 'We love you Britney!' It was like 'What?!' You're f--king all over the place people."

He added: "That's what the world is about. We want to build you up, but man is this s--t going to be funny when you fall down. She shaved her head, *******! You can't allow yourself to be put in that position. You're not going to see me go crazy. I'll tell you that right now. Y'all can kiss my *** if you think I'm going to go crazy."

Watch the video above and I'll explain why Hart should rethink things.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coffee.png

I understand his point about media building the 'stars up to beat them down' and i agree, but im so fed up with ppl calling Britney crazy, while bringing up her meltdown:(

I love this article defending Brit in this case 
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/10/126343/kevin-hart-britney-spears-fame?
According to Kevin Hart, though, certain people can handle fame better than others. In an interview with Kenan Thompson for a Sirius XM Town Hall, the comedian and movie star promised that he wouldn't "go crazy" like Britney Spears did, E! Online reports. In the interview, he said, "She shaved her head, *******! You can't allow yourself to be put in that position. You're not going to see me go crazy."
There are two assumptions at work here: 1. That Britney Spears "allowed" herself to be in that position and 2. That Spears went "crazy" at all. Hart is presumably referring to when Spears shaved her head back in 2007. There's a history there — "crazy" women in film and television often hack off their hair in frustration — but that doesn't lend Hart's statement any more credibility. 
While we're here, can we stop calling women crazy? The term is gendered, most often applied to women, and it has convenient habit of delegitimizing a person. 
Hart has experienced incredible success in the entertainment industry — and for good reason. He works hard. (In addition to stand-up, Hart starred in 10 films between 2014 and 2016. That's pretty damn impressive.) However, Hart encountered fame much later in life than Spears did. His success and claim to "normalcy," despite the fame, doesn't give him the right to dump on Spears.

kevin hart "will never  go crazy like britney" because he will never reach that level she did. 

and even if he did every single ******* thing britney did? no one would know because not enough ppl care. sorry but....dont even compare yourself to her lol. 

13 minutes ago, MX3 said:

kevin hart "will never  go crazy like britney" because he will never reach that level she did. 

and even if he did every single ******* thing britney did? no one would know because not enough ppl care. sorry but....dont even compare yourself to her lol. 

IA, guess poking fun at her 'craziness' will never go out of fashion :sofedup:

2 minutes ago, CharmingMadness said:

never said he is :shameless: i dont like ppl calling her crazy, thats it :shameless:

You can't actually blame them, nobody knows exactly what happened, and her silence/awkwardness at times only makes it worse... Yes, it's incorrect to call someone in her situation crazy, but, that's how people sees it... :verycool:

8 minutes ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

You can't actually blame them, nobody knows exactly what happened, and her silence/awkwardness at times only makes it worse... Yes, it's incorrect to call someone in her situation crazy, but, that's how people sees it... :verycool:

they can see the situation the way they want to, where did i blame them? im sharing my opinion that i feel its impolite to call her crazy :nobitch: and thats how i see it

18 minutes ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

But britney doesn't have to break her silence and say hey look, my diagnosis is this  to satisfy the curiosity of the media, they're going to help? NO,  they helped before? Oh yes,  putting her down every single time with this theme and their ignorant treatment, his opinion  pretty stupid nobody is allow to get in that position, mental issues trigger if anyone is predestined to suffer, so his comparison with britney is quite ignorant.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
33 minutes ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

People know that it's either a breakdown, mental illness, or both.

Why is it ok to call a mentally ill or depressed person crazy? :mariahstare: 

I feel like a man would never be called crazy in her situation :mariahstare:

This is so stupid. I'm sorry but the paps and media will never mess with you the way they messed with her. People are so full of themselves. I wanna say more, but honestly it's nothing all of us here don't alway know. This situation frustrates me so imma just peace out this thread before I get even more pissed off. Lol

:saycheese:

47 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

People know that it's either a breakdown, mental illness, or both.

Why is it ok to call a mentally ill or depressed person crazy? :mariahstare: 

I feel like a man would never be called crazy in her situation :mariahstare:

exactly, Kid Cudi said that he's suicidal and checked into rehab, all i see is support and praise for him for being brave to admit it and share it with the world, but somehow Britney is crazy a decade later... Not much we can do about it, but it just saddens me :otears:

37 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Idk why he had to add that part in the end otherwise it would've been a perfect description of Hollywood but he took an unnecessary jab. W/e tho 

yeah, it was like a compliment, hottest thing ever and stuff, but it turned the other way somehow, hope, he just used the wrong words and didnt mean it :notreally:

16 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

My head is going to implode.

I've loved Britney since 1998 and Kevin hart makes me laugh my *** off.

:nyheadache:

well, ppl say worser things, you can still like him :lanacackle: its just me being tired of them calling a person with some mental issues crazay :madonna:

4 hours ago, CharmingMadness said:

I understand his point about media building the 'stars up to beat them down' and i agree, but im so fed up with ppl calling Britney crazy, while bringing up her meltdown:(
http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/801795/kevin-hart-uses-britney-spears-meltdown-to-prove-that-fame-is-false?

"Fame is false. This s--t ain't real. It can be snatched from you. Look at how many stars they build up to beat down," he explained. "Look at Britney Spears when she was the hottest thing ever. Then Britney went through a meltdown and everybody is like 'Well we don't know about this f--king chick here.' Then she got back again and everybody was like, 'We love you Britney!' It was like 'What?!' You're f--king all over the place people.That's what the world is about. We want to build you up, but man is this s--t going to be funny when you fall down. She shaved her head, *******! You can't allow yourself to be put in that position. You're not going to see me go crazy. I'll tell you that right now. Y'all can kiss my *** if you think I'm going to go crazy."

I love this article defending Brit in this case 
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/10/126343/kevin-hart-britney-spears-fame?
According to Kevin Hart, though, certain people can handle fame better than others. In an interview with Kenan Thompson for a Sirius XM Town Hall, the comedian and movie star promised that he wouldn't "go crazy" like Britney Spears did, E! Online reports. In the interview, he said, "She shaved her head, *******! You can't allow yourself to be put in that position. You're not going to see me go crazy."
There are two assumptions at work here: 1. That Britney Spears "allowed" herself to be in that position and 2. That Spears went "crazy" at all. Hart is presumably referring to when Spears shaved her head back in 2007. There's a history there — "crazy" women in film and television often hack off their hair in frustration — but that doesn't lend Hart's statement any more credibility. 
While we're here, can we stop calling women crazy? The term is gendered, most often applied to women, and it has convenient habit of delegitimizing a person. 
Hart has experienced incredible success in the entertainment industry — and for good reason. He works hard. (In addition to stand-up, Hart starred in 10 films between 2014 and 2016. That's pretty damn impressive.) However, Hart encountered fame much later in life than Spears did. His success and claim to "normalcy," despite the fame, doesn't give him the right to dump on Spears.

Whether you're famous or not, it's not like anybody chooses the **** they have to deal with. Who in their right mind would choose to suffer from any kind of mental illness? It's people like Kevin that treat it like it's a piece of cake or something. "Gee, there's a piece in there and I'm gonna go get it because I want a snack." No, a lot of us just got the **** end of the stick--no choice involved.

Archived