The issue with Glory era....

BeyRaeGrande

1 minute ago, GemmaTeller said:

The music video was tragic but I think the biggest problem with this era is people just aren't interested and it isn't "cool" to listen to Britney. I feel like a lot of people like her as a person and wish the best for her and that's not looked down on but listening to her music is a different story. It would take a lot of changes being made to her style, what she talks about in interviews, what she posts on social media, etc. and if her team were to try to make her change so many things and force her into things I feel like she would start putting no effort into anything again and there would be a whole new set of problems. It's her image that needs a change in order for her to be popular but how to do that without making her feel stifled and like she isn't allowed to be herself?

I really think it's as simple as an edgy music video and photoshoot.

They ****** that up so bad and the era has been rocky ever since.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, GemmaTeller said:

The music video was tragic but I think the biggest problem with this era is people just aren't interested and it isn't "cool" to listen to Britney. I feel like a lot of people like her as a person and wish the best for her and that's not looked down on but listening to her music is a different story. It would take a lot of changes being made to her style, what she talks about in interviews, what she posts on social media, etc. and if her team were to try to make her change so many things and force her into things I feel like she would start putting no effort into anything again and there would be a whole new set of problems. It's her image that needs a change in order for her to be popular but how to do that without making her feel stifled and like she isn't allowed to be herself?

The weird thing is that when her Team isn't involved in the visuals it's a completely different story.

Britney-Spears-V-Magazine-March-2016.jpg

britney-dentro-marie-claire.JPG

britney-spears-flaunt-magazine-01.jpg

Britney Spears Brand = *** appeal, beauty, sweet personality, fiery dance moves, great pop music, spectacle/visuals on videos and performances or tours, and memorable outfits.

Britney Spears 2016 = less *** appeal because she is a mom now, beauty not so natural anymore and arguably ruined by botox and fillers, sweet but rather bland personality, stiff and repetitive dance moves, cheap visuals, and forgettable outfits. The only thing remaining is great pop music.

All these factors contribute heavily in her decline in star power. She badly needs to reinvent herself. First thing's first, estBlish that she can still sing!

Guest ItsNathanbitch
33 minutes ago, SoulSilver said:

Britney Spears Brand = *** appeal, beauty, sweet personality, fiery dance moves, great pop music, spectacle/visuals on videos and performances or tours, and memorable outfits.

Britney Spears 2016 = less *** appeal because she is a mom now, beauty not so natural anymore and arguably ruined by botox and fillers, sweet but rather bland personality, stiff and repetitive dance moves, cheap visuals, and forgettable outfits. The only thing remaining is great pop music.

All these factors contribute heavily in her decline in star power. She badly needs to reinvent herself. First thing's first, estBlish that she can still sing!

I'm guessing you haven't watched an interview since 2012. Comments like this make me wish she'd just retire. She doesn't deserve **** excuses for fans like this. 

Come next year, you'll be praising 2016ney. Because, you'll find this has been the best Britney we've had since 2009. 

And sorry, her BBMAs and Iheartradio performances also remain better than anything she did in Circus. Sorry, not sorry. 

3 hours ago, ItsNathanbitch said:

I'm guessing you haven't watched an interview since 2012. Comments like this make me wish she'd just retire. She doesn't deserve **** excuses for fans like this. 

Come next year, you'll be praising 2016ney. Because, you'll find this has been the best Britney we've had since 2009. 

And sorry, her BBMAs and Iheartradio performances also remain better than anything she did in Circus. Sorry, not sorry. 

I am not even bashing her and you are so mad. Lol.

This is an objective assessment of her current state. Yes, she remains sweet and adorable. But nothing is candid about her, everything is well-guarded or controlled by her team.

In terms of performance, I never said that what she is doing now are terrible. I thoroughly enjoy her BBMA, VMA, Apple Music and iHeart performances. But you know that these recent outings are in no way comparable to her established "standards" of dancing, swag and charisma.

These are what I meant when I said that she needs to reinvent herself. Because everything about her brand are not the same anymore, and the public can obviously see through all of these props and backup dancers. Hence, she needs to change her formula that will better suit her current state.

2 hours ago, ToxicVibes said:

The V magazine concept would have worked so well for the Glory album 

It just goes to show that it's not Britney who is the problem when it comes to styling and visuals. She's willing to play.

All she's doing is picking from the options that somebody brings to her. And if they bring her shitty options, she's going to make a shitty choice.

5 hours ago, SoulSilver said:

:omg:

From the perspective of the GP...this is the hard truth.

10 hours ago, SoulSilver said:

that tea is boilin sis. Hit the nail on the head :angietea:

Archived