Jump to content

The issue with Glory era....


Recommended Posts

The issue with Glory era is that there is no era.

Britney is an iconic game-changing VISUAL artist who defined a generation. When they scrapped Make Me MV, they scrapped the whole Glory era. If you think about Britney as an artist, she is iconic because of her videos... all of the music is iconic because of the ICONIC MVs. The iconic performances work because they are tied into the music videos with the same choreo, costumes or theme... together and music video and coordinated performance makes an iconic single to start the era with a bang.

The school girl look from BOMT and the BOMT VMA
The green ho midriff top from Crazy
The red catsuit and fire/mars theme from Oops and Oops VMA
The choreo, pink bra/ribbon and thong over the jeans from Slave and Slave VMA
The blue flight attendant uniform and diamond body suit from Toxic...

We really had a chance this era and they ****** it all up in the month of premiere :kisses2all:

 

Even the single cover photoshoot for MM was hot and had so much potential :moorangu::wontcry::britdrown:

Link to comment
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BeyRaeGrande said:

Do we have more receipts for single 2 than the performances?

If they can pull a Toxic then maybe... but tbh Glory doesn't really have a Toxic.

Unless they put Slumber Party :myjam:

You know that Toxic is bigger is for the iconic music video right? The song it's amazing but the MV took the song to another level. 

If she release Slumber Party and she stop be cheap, and made another iconic video I think she can have at least a top 10 WW again 

Link to comment
Just now, HotAsIce.ve said:

You know that Toxic is bigger is for the iconic music video right? The song it's amazing but the MV took the song to another level. 

If she release Slumber Party and she stop be cheap, and made another iconic video I think she can have at least a top 10 WW again 

Agree and disagree... the strings in Toxic and the bass and the refrain... Toxic is just a cool ICONIC unique song.

There is no 1 song that sums up 2000s pop better than Toxic and yet there is nothing else like it....

It's Britney's fav and it's a cultural hit. The music video helps, but it's not responsible for how good the song is.

Link to comment

Yes! I've been saying this from the moment they released the official MM video!

I think it's the reason we got that bizarre performance at the VMA's (it wasn't bizarre on it's own, but a bizarre choice for the VMA's).

When they scrapped the original MM video they also had to scrap all of the visuals that went with it -- the cage, the choreo (such as that distinctive leg move), the costumes.

From then on out everything has been cobbled together. And it shows. :kidcries:

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

When they scrapped the original MM video they also had to scrap all of the visuals that went with it -- the cage, the choreo (such as that distinctive leg move), the costumes.

I'm just imagining an epic VMA's performance that starts with her on a cage (tribute to the iconic slave one), she performs the whole song (No g-eazy old hits) and does the original choreo at the end :tiffsniffle:

But hey we need to appreciate what we have :coffee:

output_xhwMBM.gif.abfe92992f78e089087886

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, GetBack98 said:

I'm just imagining an epic VMA's performance that starts with her on a cage (tribute to the iconic slave one), she performs the whole song (No g-eazy old hits) and does the original choreo at the end :tiffsniffle:

But hey we need to appreciate what we have :coffee:

output_xhwMBM.gif.abfe92992f78e089087886

Using her to promote year old G-Eazy song is a meltdown in and of itself.... :nyschool:

Link to comment

The music video was tragic but I think the biggest problem with this era is people just aren't interested and it isn't "cool" to listen to Britney. I feel like a lot of people like her as a person and wish the best for her and that's not looked down on but listening to her music is a different story. It would take a lot of changes being made to her style, what she talks about in interviews, what she posts on social media, etc. and if her team were to try to make her change so many things and force her into things I feel like she would start putting no effort into anything again and there would be a whole new set of problems. It's her image that needs a change in order for her to be popular but how to do that without making her feel stifled and like she isn't allowed to be herself?

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...