Britney Album Titles Copied

BritintheZone

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf

Janet_Jackson_-_Damita_Jo.png

Britney_Jean.png

I wouldn't really say Gaga was copying Britney by calling her album Joanne, sure she might have been inspired by her but copying? Britney wasn't the first artist to release an album with her middle name as the title, back when BJ was announced i remember many fans saying Britney had been inspired by Janet Jackson's album 'Damita Jo' which is Janet's middle name. It's a coincidence that both albums flopped too.

Little Mix could have been inspired by Britney as well to call their album Glory Days... the titles are very similar after all.

I also remember Britney released Circus the same day as Take That released their album, which was called THE Circus. And the media kept pitting the two albums against each other and predicting which would get to number 1... Take That did in the end lol :britdrown: 

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Tbf

Janet_Jackson_-_Damita_Jo.png

Britney_Jean.png

I wouldn't really say Gaga was copying Britney by calling her album Joanne, sure she might have been inspired by her but copying? Britney wasn't the first artist to release an album with her middle name as the title, back when BJ was announced i remember many fans saying Britney had been inspired by Janet Jackson's album 'Damita Jo' which is Janet's middle name. It's a coincidence that both albums flopped too.

Little Mix could have been inspired by Britney as well to call their album Glory Days... the titles are very similar after all.

I also remember Britney released Circus the same day as Take That released their album, which was called THE Circus. And the media kept pitting the two albums against each other and predicting which would get to number 1... Take That did in the end lol :britdrown: 

Yeah, and don't forget Funhouse by P!nk released the same year... :quirkney:

Archived