Do u notice she says "I'm scared" a lot??

Mannequin*

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ubritney said:

I say it ALL the time for no reason and I'm mentally stable and sane, thank you :quirkney:

I'm sure you meant no harm by this comment, but as I'm currently in graduate school pursuing my doctorate in psychology, cognition and neuroscience, I felt "obligated" to respond and respectfully request your consideration in using more sensitive verbiage henceforth with regard to mental illness.

Considering the significant stigma and lack of understanding the general public maintains with respect to mental disorders, in concert with the several posts in this very thread by exhalers suffering from significant social anxiety, and the fact that Britney herself has, at least previously, clearly suffered from undisclosed mental illness, as reflected by her two involuntary psychiatric holds (and involuntary inpatient treatment does NOT occur for frivolous or minor issues) and her own comments on FTR concerning all the doctors she was under the daily care of; I believe some people could be offended and/or feel further stigmatized by the implied, (no matter how unintentional), insinuation that mental instability is somehow shameful, as opposed to being a legitimate medical disorder that each known illness falls under the purview of. (E.g., Diabetics taking insulin would never be having to defend their condition, and any individual with chemical imbalance of the brain should be perceived in the exact same manner).

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being preachy, annoying, or blowing this out of proportion for no reason; as I said, I don't believe you had any malicious intent in your post.

I just feel it's crucial, whenever possible, to inform others that the terminology utilized whilst describing mental illness should never, even passively or indirectly, create a division between the "normal" vs "abnormal" population. It creates the fictitious and damaging impression that those who are "mentally stable" are somehow superior to those who aren't.

We all have our own personal struggles and demons to deal with, but having your own brain fighting against you is by far one of the most difficult battles one can face. 

Again, please don't take this "lecture" personally; I've just seen a lot of misinformed and/or implicitly offensive comments on here pertaining to mental health, and I just used your post as a pedestal to reflect all the others I've seen within that same vain.

3 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I'm sure you meant no harm by this comment, but as I'm currently in graduate school pursuing my doctorate in psychology, cognition and neuroscience, I felt "obligated" to respond and respectfully request your consideration in using more sensitive verbiage henceforth with regard to mental illness.

Considering the significant stigma and lack of understanding the general public maintains with respect to mental disorders, in concert with the several posts in this very thread by exhalers suffering from significant social anxiety, and the fact that Britney herself has, at least previously, clearly suffered from undisclosed mental illness, as reflected by her two involuntary psychiatric holds (and involuntary inpatient treatment does NOT occur for frivolous or minor issues) and her own comments on FTR concerning all the doctors she was under the daily care of; I believe some people could be offended and/or feel further stigmatized by the implied, (no matter how unintentional), insinuation that mental instability is somehow shameful, as opposed to being a legitimate medical disorder that each known illness falls under the purview of. (E.g., Diabetics taking insulin would never be having to defend their condition, and any individual with chemical imbalance of the brain should be perceived in the exact same manner).

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being preachy, annoying, or blowing this out of proportion for no reason; as I said, I don't believe you had any malicious intent in your post.

I just feel it's crucial, whenever possible, to inform others that the terminology utilized whilst describing mental illness should never, even passively or indirectly, create a division between the "normal" vs "abnormal" population. It creates the fictitious and damaging impression that those who are "mentally stable" are somehow superior to those who aren't.

We all have our own personal struggles and demons to deal with, but having your own brain fighting against you is by far one of the most difficult battles one can face. 

Again, please don't take this "lecture" personally; I've just seen a lot of misinformed and/or implicitly offensive comments on here pertaining to mental health, and I just used your post as a pedestal to reflect all the others I've seen within that same vain.

:rihclap:

17 hours ago, Oh My Stars said:

A lot of times, I think it's her just being nervous/shy.

I understand how she feels. I have terrible anxiety/social anxiety. I'm scared just to go to the grocery store. :embarrassney:

16 hours ago, Oh My Stars said:

Yes! A lot of people see her as stupid for stuff like this, and other things. I think it comes from social anxiety though. Every time I'm talking to new people, or people I don't know well I say some stupid stuff that makes zero sense. I'm just so nervous, and can't think properly, and later I think about it, and I feel so dumb. lol That's why I don't judge her for the silly things that come out of her mouth. lol

OMG same to all of it, this is literally me all of the time :quirkney:

You just have to learn to live with anxiety and it sometimes can or sometimes doesn't get better but just learning to live with it is the first step I believe :boredashell:

I think Britney probably has dealt with being nervous/anxious her whole life so she is just a role model for me that you can do anything or be anyone even if you think you're too scared to do things :otears:

And OP. The problem lies in the conversation of other people saying or believing they know what "normal" is. You're not helping people by telling them that they quote "I don't think that's normal". :ehno:

Who are you to say you think what normal is, what is normal? No one can answer that question these days because the world is full with diverse, different and beautifully unique people. ;)

There is no normal anymore :lessons:

And let me tell the OP that there are a lot of people who are similar but of course not exactly the same as Britney Spears and who suffer anxiety, nervousness or fear. :(

And I'm sorry for taking this "so seriously" or "too seriously" which is probably what you are about to say. I must just be abnormal...

18 hours ago, Aymama said:

I loved when she did it at AMF. "Do you want to get a little, or a lot naughty? A lot? Oh gosh I'm scehed:haha:

I'm here for the phrase tbh :shameless: 

It's honestney in the flesh :shameless:

I thought she was gonna perform Slumber Party when I heard that in her British accent even though I knew freakshow was next :embarrassney:

Archived