Blackout Britney isn't the REAL Britney...

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I think the people who are so obsessed with the Blackout era have a very imaginative and wrong concept of what it was actually like.  Somehow you all have glamorized and romanticized an actual mental collapse and are too dizzy to see clearly what happened then.  Even NOW!

She had creative freedom starting during Britney if we're going to get precise here, the same time she also got two sports cars, which she, get this, drove.  In fact not only that but she had a social life.  And a happy one at that.  Not a toxic and destructive one, boozing with ********* and low lives.  She hired crazy stylist during that album too.  Ones that pushed the limits.  The girl even walked around with a thong on the outside of her jeans!  Even Rihanna wouldn't do that today.  Oh I forgot her iconic dance break from Slave was in that period but if were going to go into dance studio time we can go all the way back to the first single...

If the last two sentences were the truth then the Blackout period was just like the Baby one for that matter.  See how insane you sound?

Somethings are in fact black and white.  That's how reality exists.  If it didn't we'd all be walking around saying we were aliens with five heads and the sky was green.  It doesn't work that way.  As much as you'd like it to. 

I can't believe we're arguing the meaning of life on Exhale...but no, reality is not black and white. It's many shades of grey.

Britney needed to go through the Blackout era to learn all of the life lessons that she was missing out on before that -- all of the life lessons that she had missed out on prior to that and that are part of a "normal" human existence. Her lessons all seemed magnified by the glare of the media, but they were lessons all the same.

How old were you during the Blackout era, if I may ask?

Are you also one of those people that also believe the conservatorship is the greatest thing going? That it's alright to take away a person's sense of agency, and to not only highjack their finances, medical decisions, relationships with others and decision-making capacities, but also their own career in order to "save them from themselves"...?

11 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It wasn't normal though 

We can have good days and bad days, but extreme mood changes + manic behaviors = bipolar / manic depression 

She could act extremely happy and energetic one minute, and cry the minute after :drinky: 

It doesn't surprise me that she might have developed an anxiety disorder too, as it's pretty common for bipolar people 

That's very true.

But that behaviour wasn't restricted to "Blackout Britney." The manic Britney can be seen as far back as the Stages documentary.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
20 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

That's very true.

But that behaviour wasn't restricted to "Blackout Britney." The manic Britney can be seen as far back as the Stages documentary.

True, bipolar disorder usually start in early adulthood and get worst with time, if not treated

her 55h wedding was already a manic episode, exacerbated by *****  :drinky:

Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

True, bipolar disorder usually start in early adulthood and get worst with time

her 2004 wedding was already a manic episode, exacerbated by ***** :drinky:

Exactly.

Or just a manic episode. Or just *****. (I'm not sure that they were both present, but they could have been.) That's why I'm kind of leery of the term "Blackout Britney" to begin with. The clock didn't magically strike midnight in 2007 and she suddenly became "Blackout Britney." It was a slowly deteriorating situation that began as far back as 2003. Or even earlier.

It's not about being real on unreal.. It's how she handles different stages of her life.

In late 2006, 2007 and early 2008 she had to be badass and fierce and probably even party all night long to get through all the **** she was going through with +20 paparazzis around her 24/7. She said it herself, she let a lot of people in because she felt lonely and she made lots of mistakes but that's just the way she tried to handle a divorce and all the things that happened later.

She doesn't need to be like that now because her life is a lot more "private" or at least not a never-ending tabloid. So now she lets herself be sweet and charming and all smiles when she's on stage or in interviews.

I think both are real.

10 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I truly don't think the real Britney is this Britney...

britney_spears_late_night_0131.jpg

I don't think that is "her at her most honest and confident" either.

britney-spears-lovely.jpg 

I think she was trying to be what she thought the general public wished she was or wanted her to be (a "bad ***", not a good girl "pop princess") mixed with trying to impress Kevin.  I don't think partying, doing *****, or just being in that atmosphere etc are who she really is inside and that's why she didn't stay that way and why she insists on not being that way today or these past almost 10 years.  I think the real Britney is the girl next door.  She's sweet, and kind and a little sassy.  She **** too but she isn't sleazy or slutty.  That's why she didn't release the original Make Me video, that's why she calls herself boring today, or a "mom" a couple of years ago and that's why she said she avoids partying on Johnathon Ross.  Those things make her uncomfortable.  She's not that girl at heart.  That's not who she actually is.

This is the Real Britney Spears:

tumblr_oee63fDTXe1v9x9teo1_1280.jpg

The simple girl from Kentwood, Louisiana who stole our hearts nearly two decades ago.

Agree 1000%.

"trying to impress Kevin"

Kevin made her worst side come out,the wannabe badass Britney.Britney even at her worst remained kind.Don't forget many ***** lower moral barriers and make people do things they would never do naturally.

Blackout Britney was a rebel. But BLACKOUT (the album) itself was 100% Britney at the time. It was a pure reflection of what she's been going through at the moment and it's a true Britney (in an unique way). :mhm:

That being said, don't expect a BLACKOUT 2.0. We ain't getting it, because it was just a very dark album from a dark period. I'm really happy we're getting Blackout-level music with Glory, though. It's soo obvious she had creative control of what type of songs to record and which of them would make the cut. :howiroll:

Britney is a truly an amazing artist and has amazing music taste, and she really doesn't need her old-out-of-fresh-ideas-team to advise her on what her record should sound like or which songs make the cut :ehno: She didn't have ANY creative control over BJ and see what happened :angietea:

58 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Exactly.

Or just a manic episode. Or just *****. (I'm not sure that they were both present, but they could have been.) That's why I'm kind of leery of the term "Blackout Britney" to begin with. The clock didn't magically strike midnight in 2007 and she suddenly became "Blackout Britney." It was a slowly deteriorating situation that began as far back as 2003. Or even earlier.

It's not only manic episodes, she literally had all the symptoms of bipolar :orangu:

• - Long period of feeling "high", overly happy, excited and outgoing 
  • - Exhibit hyperactivity and restlessness
  • - Being distractible and unable to concentrate
  • - Being easily irritable and aggressive
  • - Thinking more quickly and talking faster than normal
  • - Acting recklessly and impulsively without thinking about the consequences 
  • - Engaging in risky behavior such as those involving ***, alcohol, or *****
  • - Making poor judgments, such as with money, relationships or gambling 
  • - Having manic episodes sometimes requiring hospitalization

That's why 2003-2007ney wasn't the real Britney, the real one is way more shy and boring :bcutelaugh:

5 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

That's why 2003-2007ney wasn't the real Britney, the real one is way more shy and boring :bcutelaugh:

Hmmm...I don't know. I think she has the exact same personality she had in 2003 to 2007. That core personality hasn't changed. 

I doubt she's shy behind closed doors -- just with people she doesn't know well. She's learned to put a wall up to protect herself.

It's just her behaviour that is different. Her outwards actions. If that makes sense?

21 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

o my gosh it's incredible how intelligent, shy and smart she seems in 2001-02 interviews, she wanted to go to college...and then after break up she slowly turns in the party girl that gets embarassed when someone calls her "good girl" (cd uk 2 interview)
and then she wants to be housewife in less than 2 years, how strange is that? 
I think true Britney was before 2003, she still wanted family with 5 kids and she had great balance in life (like right now but with freedom and adult rights ) 

Thought this was going to be about cloning or some **** :nyheadache:

But yeah you guys. Don't complicate it, we've never really known the real Britney, we've only gotten a glimpse of what her real life is like and right now we should be happy with Britney. If there were ever a fake her, it would be the Femme Fatale era most likely.

56 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Hmmm...I don't know. I think she has the exact same personality she had in 2003 to 2007. That core personality hasn't changed. 

I doubt she's shy behind closed doors -- just with people she doesn't know well. She's learned to put a wall up to protect herself.

It's just her behaviour that is different. Her outwards actions. If that makes sense?

Well her core personality has never changed, from 1998 to today... 

But 2003-2007 was a depressed and rebellious version of Britney and her breakdown does not define her

So if we're gonna compare her to her young self, we should pick a year outside of that chaotic-bipolar period :selenerz: 

Idk, I feel like she is more like 1999ney, in adult version. 1999ney could be goofy too :soyeah:

She has said herself that 2007 was a really bad time in her life when she had completely lost her way. We saw candids of her crying quite often, she looked like she didn't shower for months, lost custody of her kids, had a restraining order against her mom--- that was not "healthy, real Britney."

14 hours ago, larac said:

I agree, but I do think that thats the album she was totaly transparent in. She put all her emotions in the most candid way on that album, what she felt at the time of recording this album is on that record. And thats what make it so good. Honest even.

Slayout will slay :smokney2:

But its about ******* and clubbing

Archived