Fans From The First Era?

OCBoy1985

12 hours ago, radar89 said:

I basically grew up with Britney. I spent my high school year with BOMT, Oops, Britney and ITZ. Spent my college years with Blackout and Circus. Now I'm working and have Femme Fatale and Glory to get me through the working days :carpoolney:

that's awesome, but no, I literally grew up with Britney :donewithit: Since I was 5 years old, and watched the BOMT video, the only idol I've ever had is Britney, that's the only standard I know.

I'm not trying to underrate your fan history lol :giggleney:but yeah, you were already grown up, and I'm sure you enjoyed it in many different ways that I didn't, but I feel so proud to say that Britney (and Pokémon ;)) have, literally, been part of my entire life, since my childhood to this day, and til the day I cease to exist :saycheese:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Halaut7

Um no, i wasn't a fan since the beginning, I knew who she was, but never took the time to listen to her, I found a blackout CD in a car that was wrecked, 2007/08

24 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's awesome, but no, I literally grew up with Britney :donewithit: Since I was 5 years old, and watched the BOMT video, the only idol I've ever had is Britney, that's the only standard I know.

I'm not trying to underrate your fan history lol :giggleney:but yeah, you were already grown up, and I'm sure you enjoyed it in many different ways that I didn't, but I feel so proud to say that Britney (and Pokémon ;)) have, literally, been part of my entire life, since my childhood to this day, and til the day I cease to exist :saycheese:

I think for a lot of fans when someone says "I grew up with Britney" or any other idol it's interpretation is that you and your idol are the same age or are from the same generation. Some consider "growing up" to also mean when they matured or finally became adults and for some maybe Britney was what got them through it. In your case you grew up with her being a fan the majority of your life. There's lots of different ways to decipher that phrase.

For me, I related to Britney because she was a teenager when I was and to see someone like her who's not that much older than me and on top of the world with good music and performances that's what drew me in. I was old enough to appreciate her performances but was young enough to not be jaded or too cynical of the world yet.

14 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Where are all the fans like myself that has been here since The Baby era? :comingthru:

No I don't care about the ones that became fans during Femme Fatale or Circus!! :smokney2:

I'm fan since June 1999. I went to London and bought the Sometimes Single cassette haha.

From that day I was obsessed ...:hugs:

Archived