literally no one is checking for Glory

Kiey

how on earth did it drop out of Sales+Streaming Chart???

its not even top 50 anymore

the problem is beside her shrunken US fanbase, the population is not here for it, they are not interested, they do not want to even listen. Glory is a masterpiece but they don't care. it is a very concerning and dangerous position tbh

:cricket:

Most albums on that charts are like more than 6 months old and most female pop artists are lingering around top 20

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad because it is a great album. But at the same time, who cares? Britney seems to be really happy this time around, and enjoying what she's doing. I feel like she's doing this for herself, and her fans, not everyone else. I think people stress too much about her being cool, and super popular again, when I don't think she wants that. Britney can live somewhat of a "normal" life now, not being on everyone's radar. I don't know, just my opinion on that matter. 

8 minutes ago, Mani911 said:

what were you expecting since she spent last 3 years in vegas and most people around the world simply forgot about her?
people in my country have no idea she's still making music :(

This :brityes: Same thing with my country.

No one seems to talk about Glory or the new music outside the fanbase.

I'm part of the U.S fanbase and I say Britney is doing fine here. People liked her VMA performance and they also like "Make Me..." .  Piece of Me shows she still has a huge US fanbase.

As long as Britney continues to focus on Vegas, lipsych, and not properly promote her music, this is what her commercial success looks like 19 years into her career.  Everything you're saying has been said for over a decade. Get a clue little girl.

:lessons:

9 minutes ago, Cnh91 said:

It's sad because it is a great album. But at the same time, who cares? Britney seems to be really happy this time around, and enjoying what she's doing. I feel like she's doing this for herself, and her fans, not everyone else. I think people stress too much about her being cool, and super popular again, when I don't think she wants that. Britney can live somewhat of a "normal" life now, not being on everyone's radar. I don't know, just my opinion on that matter. 

This

10 minutes ago, Cnh91 said:

And the truth has enter this thread. :feelingmyself:

4 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

I'm part of the U.S fanbase and I say Britney is done fine here. People liked her VMA performance and they also like "Make Me..." .  Piece of Me shows she still has a huge US fanbase.

As long as Britney continues to focus on Vegas, lipsych, and not properly promote her music, this is what her commercial success looks like 19 years into her career.  Everything you're saying has been said for over a decade. Get a clue little girl.

:lessons:

over a decade?

FF was hovering for as long as possible with IWG and TTWE for months. That was 5 years ago.

I mean nowadays if she doesn't sell album it's fine.

But no streams either? 4 WEEKS into her chart run with a VMA performance buzz

that is purely concerning

Just like a lot of her music, a few years from now, the singles from Glory will be considered to be "hits" to the GP. I mean, look at Work *****; that one didn't necessarily do really well on the charts, but people recognize it now and consider it as a "Britney hit." Same goes for songs like "Slave" and "Me Against the Music"

2 minutes ago, King Kylie said:

same tbh i play her music at work and people say omg is that Britney Spears? i had no idea she even released music anymore :sickofu:

i hope she's able to shove it down people's throats somehow

because the marketing can't reach that many people nowadays for some reason

Saying no one around the world is checking for her and that Glory is flopping and her fanbase is shrinking? What happened to y'all? We are getting a new single in a very short amount of time and there are some songs on Glory that could SMASH and she is doing a LOT of promo! Apple music festival, iHeart, Jingle Bash, possibly AMAs, etc... She is getting herself in the public eye again and y'all are just COMPLAINING! Even ShitTRL is being more complementary of her if that is even possible.

So shut up, stop complaining, and make single 2 a smash! :donewithit:

Britney just needs one smash single to get her name back out there. Her last truly big hit was Scream & Shout and that was four years ago. The second Glory single needs to smash or else this era is done for commercially and singles-wise.

But really I don't care. Britney released one of the best albums of her career. She looks amazing. She's finally starting to do award show performances and festivals again. It's a great time to be a fan. Quit focusing on the negative and try and look at the positive.

Archived