Are we screwed?

britbrit975

We did our part, we streamed and bought as much as we could. Britney did hers. Her Management though:

-The music video: WAS HORRENDOUS (the reason we wont shut up about the scrapped version was because that really could of given her the publicity she needed, it was edgy)

-The BBMA performance: it was okay but offered nothing more than nostalgia. Who performs and old melody of hits unless its a farewell performance.

-The VMA performance: it was adequate...but did nothing to generate any huge hype. The dancing was clean but very simple and reserved to about 45 seconds total of actual planned choreography. The singing was not live (which is fine...IF there is a lot of dancing). There was no WOW factor. No cool props or anything.

-The Album Rollout: my god, whoever managed how this album released should be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

I feel this was sort of her last chance to generate her back into GP relevancy...I have a hard time seeing a new album in 2 years after spending the whole time sequestered in vegas having any commercial impact at all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PieceofBritney said:

I tried so hard to find some new information in your post. :angietea:

You came to a breatheheavy thread with this title in the hopes of gathering information...sources honey

1 minute ago, Bris said:

Have faith sis, have faith:crying1:

I still believe in her:crying2:

I believe in HER, but not her management

Just now, britbrit975 said:

I feel this was sort of her last chance to generate her back into GP relevancy...I have a hard time seeing a new album in 2 years after spending the whole time sequestered in vegas having any commercial impact at all.

IA with everything specially this!

I think there were other factors tho. Yes we did our part. Britney sorta did hers. The promo came in too late prior to album release.

But I think you're over-looking the last 6 years of Britney. She did everything in her will power to stay absolutely away from the limelight since 2010. Sure she released FF and toured in 2011. And did xfactor/SS in 2012. But in between those projects, she either hid in her cave or went to Hawaii. So people forgot about her. She became irrelevant. And in this fast-paced world where everything is instant, fame and relevance is hard to regain.

New and younger popstars came while she was busy vacationing and hiding. She lost her casual audience and her core fanbase has severely hemmorhaged through the years.

So yes, she is back with more force than ever, but not everyone is here for her anymore due to her determination in the past to be completely absent and invisible to the public. 

I hope she puts herself out there more and more. It can only get worse from here if she doesn't.

I agree

1 minute ago, sunkissed said:

IA with everything specially this!

I think there were other factors tho. Yes we did our part. Britney sorta did hers. The promo came in too late prior to album release.

But I think you're over-looking the last 6 years of Britney. She did everything in her will power to stay absolutely away from the limelight since 2010. Sure she released FF and toured in 2011. And did xfactor/SS in 2012. But in between those projects, she either hid in her cave or went to Hawaii. So people forgot about her. She became irrelevant. And in this fast-paced world where everything is instant, fame and relevance is hard to regain.

New and younger popstars came while she was busy vacationing and hiding. She lost her casual audience and her core fanbase has severely hemmorhaged through the years.

So yes, she is back with more force than ever, but not everyone is here for her anymore due to her determination in the past to be completely absent and invisible to the public. 

I hope she puts herself out there more and more. It can only get worse from here if she doesn't.

I agree completely. Not to be a a downer but I sort of feel she shouldn't be doing this at all if she can't handle limelight. Success=Limelight in the world of Pop...wonder if she wants it at all or if her father is making her but thats a different story.

:sofedup: "are WE screwed?" Who's we? I didn't know britneys sales and career affected your life. If she's fine with where she is now, then what's the problem? She will never stop making money. She'll always be considered an icon. You're nobody to say if she should continue doing this or not. You don't know her personally, you don't know what she's been through and what she thinks about her career at the moment. If you're really that bothered by the way she handles things then stop being a fan of hers 

1 minute ago, britbrit975 said:

I agree

I agree completely. Not to be a a downer but I sort of feel she shouldn't be doing this at all if she can't handle limelight. Success=Limelight in the world of Pop...wonder if she wants it at all or if her father is making her but thats a different story.

I mean, I can't really blame her if she doesn't want it anymore. She obviously doesn't have the same drive she used to have. She has more drive than Circus or FF for sure. But not 110% like her prime. Her boys will always be her #1 priority now and it should be that way. She just wants to have fun now. Not create impact or extend her legacy. We should accept that and not expect anything more. :NOOO: She will always be my Britney and I will always love her, but I think her time has passed. She's made her mark anyways. She was a force that nobody could face. She will always have her legacy. :bigtime:

I tried to read through your post OP, but the second you said we tried with streaming and buying the album I was out. Sure, a VERY small percentage of this fan base did, but most are just around to judge Britney's looks and illegally download her music tbh. As soon as MM dropped out of the top 10 on iTunes, most fans dropped it. But that's her fan base. I don't care, Glory is amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Starburst said:

:sofedup: "are WE screwed?" Who's we? I didn't know britneys sales and career affected your life. If she's fine with where she is now, then what's the problem? She will never stop making money. She'll always be considered an icon. You're nobody to say if she should continue doing this or not. You don't know her personally, you don't know what she's been through and what she thinks about her career at the moment. If you're really that bothered by the way she handles things then stop being a fan of hers 

tell me where I ONCE criticized BRITNEY in that post, I criticized the album rollout, seriously chill

11 minutes ago, Starburst said:

slay :feelingmyself:

37 minutes ago, Starburst said:

:sofedup: "are WE screwed?" Who's we? I didn't know britneys sales and career affected your life. If she's fine with where she is now, then what's the problem? She will never stop making money. She'll always be considered an icon. You're nobody to say if she should continue doing this or not. You don't know her personally, you don't know what she's been through and what she thinks about her career at the moment 

Sure she'll still be remembered as an icon for 1998-2004, but when people look back at her overall career, it'll be 6 years of being on top of the world and 12+ years of disappointments, mediocrity, apathy, a total lack of passion or desire to further her career, and severe commercial decline after her comeback.

This is why I don't understand people who say "Britney has nothing to prove". She's not Madonna, who, for at least before 2008, managed to sustain a career marked with great pop music, artistic growth, experimentation and reinvention, iconic performances and music videos, and huge commercial success from albums to singles to tours. Madonna has absolutely nothing to prove, and yet she still has the motivation to embark on hugely ambitious global tours at nearly 60 years of age. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, Britney has TONS to prove, and has no ambition or desire to do so. She hasn't proven to us that she can sing for nearly a decade. She hasn't danced anywhere near like she used to for well over a decade. Her last good music video was (in my opinion) in 2009. She hasn't really grown as an artist since ITZ. As others have pointed out, Britney is pretty much riding on the coattails of her past successes - she has nothing to offer to the GP that other artists don't already do better.

britney is likely never going to be big with the general public again. the sooner you accept that the better. she just isn't popular with the younger generation and as she as continues to get older it'll become more and more difficult to wrangle in that demographic. britney's had a longer career than 95% of the industry so truthfully the fact that she'll never be massively successful sales-wise again is fine. she'll continue to perform and release albums which at the end of the day is what really matters.

I disagree !! 

-BBMA worked wonders!! It's the best televised performance she's had in years & with BOM/TOMH it set the tone up for Glory 

-Private Show commercial really started a huge social buzz for the album and releasing hype songs also was a very smart move!!

all of the other promo created a long 2-3 week period that had Britney & Glory trending!! 

The thing you guys have to realize is that this era is doing a bit of damage control from BJ & PG. Audiences aren't dead set on Britney as they used to be but so far I've seen a very positive shift. People have been able to listen to Glory and make their own judgement. It has a very positive reaction & Make Me was a really strong single.. it fought hard.

I don't think the work is done yet, in fact we are probably only about half way through the era & the promo for it 

1 hour ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

Sure she'll still be remembered as an icon for 1998-2004, but when people look back at her overall career, it'll be 6 years of being on top of the world and 12+ years of disappointments, mediocrity, apathy, a total lack of passion or desire to further her career, and severe commercial decline after her comeback.

This is why I don't understand people who say "Britney has nothing to prove". She's not Madonna, who, for at least before 2008, managed to sustain a career marked with great pop music, artistic growth, experimentation and reinvention, iconic performances and music videos, and huge commercial success from albums to singles to tours. Madonna has absolutely nothing to prove, and yet she still has the motivation to embark on hugely ambitious global tours at nearly 60 years of age. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, Britney has TONS to prove, and has no ambition or desire to do so. She hasn't proven to us that she can sing for nearly a decade. She hasn't danced anywhere near like she used to for well over a decade. Her last good music video was (in my opinion) in 2009. She hasn't really grown as an artist since ITZ. As others have pointed out, Britney is pretty much riding on the coattails of her past successes - she has nothing to offer to the GP that other artists don't already do better.

Lol she doesn't have to prove **** to you or anyone else. How entitled are you? 

Madonna isn't Britney. Idk if your mind can comprehend it but they're different people with different ambitions. Madonna put everything aside for her career and I applaud her for the determination she has but Britney is the total opposite. She has different plans for her career and her life and you're not really anyone important to determine how she can live it.

Britney had a huge carrer and way past 2004. She achieved success from the first song she released and continued to have success up until Britney Jean which is more than a lot of artist who are falling off after less than 7 years can say. She's selling just as well as the current artists you're talking about too. 

Apart from calling Britney a has been you're trying to belittle her success. What a are you even doing here if you think she peaked in itz? To speak out of your ***? 

Archived