Why Man on the Moon Should be the Second Single...

X445500

Man On The Moon might be my favorite Britney song of all-time. I think it's the song that represents who Britney is as a person and an artist more than anything she's ever done-- it's quirky, happy, sad, hopeful, weird (chanting in French? like whaa?), catchy yet left-of-center-pop. It's produced perfectly and that bridge is just heaven. 

It's a career song for her and even if it's not a single, I'd kill to see a video for it. And PLEASE let it do the song justice. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I imagine something more blue-ish :hehehe: I don't know if I've said this before, but most of the songs have like a color in my head. So, I think of Don't Cry and I think of this color cib8560-dark-teal.jpg

It's strange, but it happens with almost all of the songs, especially Britney's. Man on the Moon is something more like this Shades-of-Blue-Color-Names5.png

Blue-ish songs are usually my favorites, but there are many exceptions, like Oops and Circus, which are red-ish for me, but maybe because of the videos. Or Can't Make You Love Me which is kind of golden/dark yellow.

I know, I'm weird af :donewithit:

Is you a gypsy girl?

:rihclap:

11 hours ago, woabritney said:

Man On The Moon might be my favorite Britney song of all-time. I think it's the song that represents who Britney is as a person and an artist more than anything she's ever done-- it's quirky, happy, sad, hopeful, weird (chanting in French? like whaa?), catchy yet left-of-center-pop. It's produced perfectly and that bridge is just heaven. 

It's a career song for her and even if it's not a single, I'd kill to see a video for it. And PLEASE let it do the song justice. 

This is what I feel. I love it. "Man on the moon" as a song is everything I think of Britney. It is just a stunning song. And it is different than what Radio might be playing but that isn't always bad. We worry so much about what the GP want but we should go for what we want. And I'm not telling fans to love MOTM if that isn't what they want. I'm saying let's act like fans and enjoy&promote what we enjoy. For me it's everything :carpoolney: and I admit I'm not the go to to decide a single since I'm going to request and promote our girl no matter. But Man on the moon is a special song. People I tested the song with loved it though they thought it was a bit too little girl for Britney. I think having the song play on radio and in a video and they get the sadness under the happiness could really get people over the hump of what's keeping them from really enjoying Britney.

I think Britney being momNey of the last few years as well as her visible Anxiety has worked to have the GP see Britney different than other pop girls. They now don't want an overt ****** Britney. It kind of makes them uneasy. Like seeing your sister naked. So I worry about Slumber Party (though I do love that song as well). But the fans want a ****** Britney.  It's a big mess :p We need a middle ground. "Just luv me" could be that song. "Mood ring" had that potential as well. But imo "Man on the moon" is more a traditional Britney while being mid-tempo. And it's not a *** song but it could have really stunning visuals. I think it MOTM could be Glory's Big song. A new Toxic. I mean that it being a bit different for Radio but ending up being a legacy song. I guess more like Work ***** but whatever. A song that will impact her career even if it doesn't the charts. 

It's definitely better than Perfume (which doesn't really say a lot tbh), but I really don't think this song is anything special. Imo is one of the weakest of the album (all of the songs are at least good though, it doesn't mean it's a bad song). I think right now Britney needs a guaranteed hit, something that would move people... Something like Love Me Down or Better or If I'm Dancing... After that she can release another artsy fartsy song if she wants ;)

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I imagine something more blue-ish :hehehe: I don't know if I've said this before, but most of the songs have like a color in my head. So, I think of Don't Cry and I think of this color cib8560-dark-teal.jpg

It's strange, but it happens with almost all of the songs, especially Britney's. Man on the Moon is something more like this Shades-of-Blue-Color-Names5.png

Blue-ish songs are usually my favorites, but there are many exceptions, like Oops and Circus, which are red-ish for me, but maybe because of the videos. Or Can't Make You Love Me which is kind of golden/dark yellow.

I know, I'm weird af :donewithit:

I do the same thing! :idkney: Like, I see 'DYWCO?' as being dark green, 'Invitation' as creamy white, 'Better' as rainbow, 'Change Your Mind' as teal, 'Private Show' as bright yellow, etc.  'Man on the Moon' is light pink for me, though. :)

4 hours ago, RobRocks said:

I actually find this song so catchy and beautiful :makeitrain:

It would probably flop hard but that's because people can't appreciate real art :bey: 

Exactly. 

I just want this to be release 

1 hour ago, Mohd93 said:

It should be the 4th single with a colorful space-y video :madance:

Bring back Britney's lover from Oops video tbh :madance:

As long as it's released I'm good. 

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

I do the same thing! :idkney: Like, I see 'DYWCO?' as being dark green, 'Invitation' as creamy white, 'Better' as rainbow, 'Change Your Mind' as teal, 'Private Show' as bright yellow, etc.  'Man on the Moon' is light pink for me, though. :)

Britney's favorite color is pink (and baby blue) so she should release MOTM. 

:) 

Archived