Is Slumber Party better than Toxic, POM, Circus, TTWE?

Seductive

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the album did better on the charts the answers in this thread would be way different.. 

Lets be honest, slumber party, love me down, just love me, liar, man on the moon, better, (oh well, almost the entire album) is better than ttwe, circus and pom.. And some are same level as toxic, just because she's underperforming right now doesn't mean the quality of music is less..

If she one of glorys songs became huge hits yall would be saying its her best song this and that..

Ahh well i dont mind. The album is a true masterpiece, 2nd after blackout and the more i listen to it the more it becomes better than blackout. Dont care if its selling bad..

Beyonce lemonade was huge in sales and charts but does is make that a good album? NO.. lemonade sucks

15 hours ago, nels64 said:

Idk where you're from but In the U.S. the songs I mentioned are very recognizable...I don't even have any friends who are pop or Britney fans...it's just 20 somethings who grew up in that era...I definitely wouldn't just call them "fan favorites" because they aren't that...a fan favorite would be like "Break the Ice" or "Touch of My Hand"

The songs I mentioned are what I call "second-tier" iconic. They are still extremely recognizable and had an impact on her career...I would venture to say more of Britney's songs are recognizable to people now than Madonna songs are...just because of the nature of how old those iconic madonna songs are...

So I would say those 5 (BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic, Womanizer) are definitely iconic all around for their videos. their lyrics, britney in general...then you have Gimme More and Work ***** which are iconic for their catch phrases. And then you have all the other songs I mentioned which are just WIDELY recognizable. We can drop the term iconic. The only truly iconic songs as a whole are those 5...the others have iconic moments in history and maybe even in their music videos but that dont necessarily rely on the song...and again theyre just moments people may remember but don't fully remember like the entire toxic video/outfit etc...

Yes, exactly, that's the difference fan fav/popular songs - iconic.

Btw, Britney is a local act in the US, she is from there. All the songs that you mentioned except BOMT, Oops and Toxic, the rest are not that popular in the rest of the world. They are known, they are famous, but they have not the same status as BOMT, OOps and Toxic, which I consider her biggest hits, and most iconic.

Archived