Hold On Tight Appreciation

Guest Diamond Horse

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

I actually can't believe a song that iconic was on BJ. It feels so deep and mysterious.

I wanna know if Britney really wrote on it. 

We don't exactly have this kind of powerful and intimate ballad on Glory. Maybe it doesn't even fit the concept of Glory. But I certainly want more like these. This feels like omnipresent to me. Something about the lyrics, the sound.

Transcendent.

Guest Diamond Horse

Seriously, for me, nothing yet compares to this song. It transcends time and space.

And in case it is a love song, it is one of the most beautiful love songs I know.

I've actually LOVED this song since the first time I ever heard it, and it remains one of all my time favorites by Britney.

The only other tracks I ever still even listen to from BJ are WB and Don't Cry.

It really does have this mystical quality to it, and the fact that it was the first song recorded for BJ leads me to believe it initially really was intended to be a very personal album.

So sad it ended up as a bonus track on her most forgettable album. :(

ETA: They should've at least given this the "Radar" treatment and added it onto Glory as a bonus track!

• 3 years later...

Cshipnney never got a chance to express herself in a good ballad. This was an attempt of one. It's very raw and very unfinished, maybe if they had more time to work on this material, it'd sound totally different. 

I like this one, Brightest Morning Star also, and I think it's such a pity that the official versions sound like demos or something even more...alpha. Why? :tiffanycries:

Archived