The Slave 4 U 2001 VMA performance is not as good as you all think.

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

And you tell me you don't feel a bit unconfortable with 5H *** shaking, they're the same age, the difference is that they suck at it, while Britney was surprisingly effortlesly ****** at such a young age :saycheese:

I never watch 5H shaking their ***, or shaking anything else for that matter but this sounds stupid. She was wearing a very revealing outfit and her performance was pretty **** overall. I don't see what was wrong with some *** shaking. She looked very mature and grown-up not like those 5H teen anyways. It's not like it was Ariana moving her booty.

I'm very pressed.  :bichpls:

Just now, button said:

I never watch 5H shaking their ***, or shaking anything else for that matter but this sounds stupid. She was wearing a very revealing outfit and her performance was pretty **** overall. I don't see what was wrong with some *** shaking. She looked very mature and grown-up not like a 5H teen anyways. It's not like it was Ariana moving her booty.

I'm very pressed :bichpls:

Am I bashing her? No, so stfu :rihit:

Am saying people at the time didn't really know how to react to a hyper ****** 19 y.o, a lot of people loved it, a lot of people hated it, but everyone talked about it, that's what made her so iconic :shameless:

3 minutes ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

Am I bashing her? No, so stfu :rihit:

Am saying people at the time didn't really know how to react to a hyper ****** 19 y.o, a lot of people loved it, a lot of people hated it, but everyone talked about it, that's what made her so iconic :shameless:

Why are you telling me to stfu and down-voting me? That's MTV's point of view not yours, or am I wrong? :boredashell:

**** MTV they didn't even catch her doing the walking backwards move near the end :bichpls:

I personally like the 2000 Oops performance better. 2001 is so iconic now because of the snake and S4U being one of her hottest songs ever. But when you compare the two, 2001 feels a little bit flatter. 

Being a senior in high school at the time, I remember every single person in school, like literally EVERYONE, dying to see what she was going to do after the striptease Oops performance the year before.

While everyone loved it, no one felt it was as electric as 2000. Even the audience kind of gave it a subtle golf clap at the end. Watch the two performances back to back and look at the response at the end of both performances...its night and day. 

People who came of age during that time period like me didnt really love/appreciate S4U til the video came out. 

The performance is iconic now years and years later, but watching it at that time as an "almost adult" it felt kind of gimmicky. 2000 was like her coming out, Im here to take the crown ***** moment, and 2001 was a fun but kind of ehh follow up in the moment back then...And the lipsynching is much more obvious compared to the 2000 performance. 

19 hours ago, Iamcharlesbass said:

And you tell me you don't feel a bit unconfortable with 5H *** shaking, they're the same age, the difference is that they suck at it, while Britney was surprisingly effortlesly ****** at such a young age :saycheese:

Britney has always owned her sexuality. Those Firth Harmony girls are gloried hookers. They are trying so desperately to be ****, with Britney it took no effort. She just IS ****, and IMO never trashy :bootyney:

Archived