Confession

Scrappy

Okay, before you drag me, understand 2 things: 1) I am an extremely visual person (and learner), and 2) I've been a Britney fan since In the Zone. MATM was the song that converted me to Britney music. It's been a while and I still check the forum and news everyday hoping for Britney info. 

But, I haven't listened to Glory since the VMAs ... The performance turned me off the album completely.  :idkney:

I've tried really hard to listen to it again, but something about this era and just how disappointing it has been has really shut me off to Britney music.  I played Make Me almost twice an hour when it first came out... until the music video hit. Both versions of the vid were disappointing given the album art. It just wasn't classy. I have watched the MM music video all of three times, and the song I fell in love with is now collecting dust.  

(Edit: lol, I was listening to Gimme More just a second ago and didn't even realize I got the titles mixed up haha!  Still one of my favorite songs and albums of all time)

This honestly feels terrible. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LisaJane said:

"Give me more"? This alone screams troll.

I'm genuinely distressed. When I first heard the whole album, I loved it and was really excited for the era. Even Clumsy was a jam that I played for my non-Britney friends and had them singing it.

Off the forum, I normally promote like mad Britney's music and her performances.

I'm just such a visual person and the visuals have not been inspiring that I've got no passion for this era. I don't even know if they will release a second single or video, so I'm worried this is another BJ for me where the album felt okay to start, but there was nothing to hold on to past a good vid for Work *****. 

Just now, RATCHET❤ said:

as much as i love the album. i feel like the era isn't that exciting :madonna:

but who cares we're still in the beginning kinda. 

Is there going to be a second single, though? I'm holding out hope for one to save this era for me... but I'm not sure there will be one. 

32 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

XD Shuddap! I can't even remember the titles of the songs anymore... this is bad. :embarrassney:

Don't make fun of my predicament, please. I'm genuinely upset about all this. It really sucks that we have a great album, but I can't get in to it again.

yeah, it sucks for you.. just because VMA wasn't a bad performance.. yes, it wasn;t epic but it was good! She was fierce and owned the stage that nearly destroyed her 9 years ago so yes.. she did great! :bigtime:

2 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Confession .... I can't help but imagine you pondering how you can come across as a legit fan to hate on the Glory era in a "pure" way. Lol

It's 7:15am and I was scrolling through the forum as I normally do every day. First thing I do when I wake up... since ITZ... don't you try and question my stan card. XD  

I just realized reading the posts that I had no motivation for the album and truly wanted to talk and discuss it to hopefully get back in to the songs. I'm not looking for criticism, I'm trying to get re-inspired by hearing from people their favs, or feeling the positive energy, or something ... :donewithit:

1 minute ago, Lobo1205 said:

You describe yourself as a "visual person" yet you didn't like the Make Me VMA performance? Did you not watch the visual art that was displayed in the first half? :madonna:

Wrote a post about my reaction, and the screen in the beginning with the shadows was gorgeous. The yellowy-sparkly number just didn't look good and I couldn't stand the zebra-like stripes on her two backup dancers. Plus the part with G-Easy felt... slimey.. I hated that she danced on her knees and groped him. It felt like Miley twerking on that old guy... which also turned me off Miley music. Confession: I loved Wrecking Ball, but I can't watch the video and get a bad taste for the song now when I hear it because of the mess of a video. I dunno... visuals are big to me and if it doesn't match the song, it can be a huge turnoff.

1 minute ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

Sweetie if you cant detach visuals from audio then i'm SO sorry

:embarrassney: I really can't... Once I see something (like an mv), I can't stop seeing it when the song comes up.  I've tried to even lie to myself and pretend there's no music video for the song, but it didn't help.

I kinda understand you... but I hardly watched vevo MM video so it didn't really affect me 
same for POM perfomance, I keep things separately in my head now 
VMA...idk I just get mad at g eazy presence every time because it's basically his perfomance :sofedup: 
I don't like the album cover, I changed it in my phone and computer so it doesn't bother me anymore  
try to focus on your own imagination :shhh: I love MM even more now because the song itself is really strong and I have my personal associations with it

2 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Wrote a post about my reaction, and the screen in the beginning with the shadows was gorgeous. The yellowy-sparkly number just didn't look good and I couldn't stand the zebra-like stripes on her two backup dancers. Plus the part with G-Easy felt... slimey.. I hated that she danced on her knees and groped him. It felt like Miley twerking on that old guy... which also turned me off Miley music. Confession: I loved Wrecking Ball, but I can't watch the video and get a bad taste for the song now when I hear it because of the mess of a video. I dunno... visuals are big to me and if it doesn't match the song, it can be a huge turnoff.

By what you said, I'm guessing you like the re-shot MM video more so than the original? I have heard a couple of opinions where they said that the image they tried to give Make Me doesn't really go with the song... but then again, it's the first single and I guess they felt they had to show that it's over the top, even though it's really a mid-tempo. I respect that.

However, for that to overshadow the masterpiece that is "Glory" doesn't really make sense. I will confess I felt similar to how you feel when they released the re-shot Make Me video instead of the original; later I realized I was just throwing a tantrum. They could cancel the rest of the singles and give up on promoting "Glory", it doesn't change the fact that it is most definitely one of Britney's best albums and it is blatantly obvious how much input she had in it, which makes it that much more special.

1 minute ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

I understand your point about make me but the whole album? :juggingu:

I don't get it either, honestly.  I feel annoyed and angry and I think that's shutting me off. Like, when you have a break up and you see stuff associated with the ex lying around.. even innocent things like a book that they loved can make you hate that thing by association. 

Archived