Britney Responds To Fans Nicknaming Her 'Godney' And 'The Holy Spearit'

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-spears-nme

Britney isn't sure she can live up to the name fans have labeled her.

The "Love Me Down" singer graces the cover of NME magazine this month, and in it responds to the magnitude of her success, reflects on fame, Glory and being called Godney and The Holy Spearit.

On the secret to her longevity: "I try not to analyse it too much. I love what I do and I think that helps because it speaks for itself when I perform."

Britney Spears' Dreamy 'Glory' Cut "Mood Ring" Has Arrived: Listen

On another career path: "Seeing other artists continue to do this kind of thing inspires me too. Because sometimes I’m like, "What am I doing?" Like, I could be a teacher. But then I see other people doing it too and I’m like, "Well, you know, it’s probably all they’ve known for so long, so it just kind of makes sense."

Miley Cyrus Just Wants Britney Spears To Be Happy

On her creative input with Glory: "Honestly, this is the first project where I’ve really been hands-on. I was really specific about who I worked with and I’ve been learning to say no. I’m a people-pleaser, so that’s hard for me – even if I don’t like something, I’ll do it just to make a person happy.I made sure this album was everything I wanted it to be. I was really selfish with it."

Justin Timberlake On Collaborating With Britney Spears: "Absolutely"

Being nicknamed Godney and The Holy Spearit: "That’s just how the fans are – and I don’t want to let them down. At the end of the day, we’re all human and we all make mistakes. It’s really flattering, but I don’t know if I can set my bar that high. I’m sure a lot of them have almost felt like they’ve grown up with me."

giphy.gif
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived