The French part in Man On The Moon

Noahh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Chico101 said:

You must be blind. The writer said its a cryptic message so its not supposed to make sense.

And she is clearly NOT saying "trois" or "deux"

I'm not sure what the other word is but she's definitely saying "doux" instead of "deux"

Sure, in Coupure Electrique she pronounces the 'tu' more Spanish than French and struggles with 'lumière', but she's able to pronounce 'deux' perfectly. I can't with y'all. :nyheadache:

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 6:20 PM, onyx09 said:

I asked a Hispanic co worker what no seas cortes meant and they said it didn't make sense and I got embarrassed and changed the subject :dead: 

No seás cortés means don't be cordial/polite. Clearly it was not written by a person with an actual grasp of the Spanish language, since the song is about not waiting for s E x, so a better title would've been no seás timido, or don't be shy.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:11 PM, traviscounty. said:

wtf is an "easter egg" :idkney:

It's something inserted into a piece of media that is meant as a reference to something else. A Britney-related example would be "Oops!...I Did It Again". The song has a pretty famous Easter Egg in the bridge. The item Britney's boyfriend (voiced by Max Martin himself, IIRC) gives her is The Heart of the Ocean, from the Titanic movie. And Britney even points out "I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end".

Another easter egg in Britney's career would be "oh baby baby" being used in BOMT, OIDIA and IUSA intentionally but in different ways (and all three songs were written by Max). Another Easter Egg still would be Coupure Électrique translating to "Blackout" while also having a sound similar to "Gimme More".

If you've ever seen an MCU movie, those are FULL of Easter Eggs that reference other characters, comic book issues, comic storylines, etc.

But an Easter Egg doesn't always have to be obvious to the public, it can also be an inside joke. As is apparently the case in this song. The writers put in an Easter Egg referencing that they wrote the song in a fairy tale castle. :queenflopga:

Archived