The French part in Man On The Moon

Noahh

Sooo, it bugs me that I can't seem to find out what she says there...

Ok, so I tried to decipher the French part in Man On The Moon and this the best I could do:

''Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver. 
Cinq. Quatre. Troné. Doux. Homme.''

This translates to:

Castle Marriott. He brings me to the place of the knight this winter. 
Five. Four. Throne. Gentle. Man.

What do you guys think? :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Noahh said:

Sooo, it bugs me that I can't seem to find out what she says there...

Ok, so I tried to decipher the French part in Man On The Moon and this the best I could do:

''Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver. 
Cinq. Quatre. Troné. Doux. Homme.''

This translates to:

Castle Marriott. He brings me to the place of the knight this winter. 
Five. Four. Throne. Gentle. Man.

What do you guys think? :)

there's thread...

here's all the info i have

Someone posted it and this guy

mrsterlingfox  posted "It's an easter egg from the songwriters. We wrote it at a fairy tale castle in France. Part of it is a countdown in French and the other part is kind of a hidden message. There's a pretty fun story behind our motivation on including it in the song, but that shall remain a secret for now." supposedly he's Sterling Fox (American songwriter, record producer and recording artist) and he wrote Man on The Moon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Fox

Literally translated it's "Il m'ammène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver" as "he brings me to the place of the knight this winter"

someone translated "Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hivers. Cinq. Quatre. Troué. Doux. Homme." as  "Marriott Castle. He brings me at the place of the knight this winter. Five. Four. Holed. Soft. Man"

Looks like we'll have to wait and see though :yaknow:

4 minutes ago, mylonliNESS said:

mrsterlingfox  posted "It's an easter egg from the songwriters. We wrote it at a fairy tale castle in France. Part of it is a countdown in French and the other part is kind of a hidden message. There's a pretty fun story behind our motivation on including it in the song, but that shall remain a secret for now." supposedly he's Sterling Fox (American songwriter, record producer and recording artist) and he wrote Man on The Moon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Fox

Literally translated it's "Il m'ammène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver" as "he brings me to the place of the knight this winter"

someone translated "Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver. Cinq. Quatre. Troué. Doux. Homme." as  "Marriott Castle. He brings me at the place of the knight this winter. Five. Four. Holed. Soft. Man"

@If U Seek Me @Erreur 2 La Nature Man On The Moon 3rd single with surprise performance from Sleeping Beauty castle in DisneyLand Paris this winter confirmed :gloria:

European promo is coming omg :queenflopga:

7 minutes ago, Via Infinito said:

Its very interesting actually

they definitely played on the countdown because only five and four is french

3.2.1 is replaced

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would she start with 'five', 'four' and then put in three random words? Obviously and understandibly, as a native English speaker, she has difficulties pronouncing the French 'R', which you can hear as well in the pronounciation of 'electrique'. She just counts down in French from five to one. 

2 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would she start with 'five', 'four' and then put in three random words? Obviously and understandibly, as a native English speaker, she has difficulties pronouncing the French 'R', which you can hear as well in the pronounciation of 'electrique'. She just counts down in French from five to one. 

But the way she says tróis. It's so weird, it sounds like tróis while it sounds like entirely something else.

It's supposed to be an easter egg, so I'm open for all the possibilities. :tbh: 

6 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

You must be blind. The writer said its a cryptic message so its not supposed to make sense.

And she is clearly NOT saying "trois" or "deux"

I'm not sure what the other word is but she's definitely saying "doux" instead of "deux"

Archived