Bebe Rexha mentions Britney in her new interview with Billboard!

Your style has a '90s and early 2000s Tomboy feel to it. Any trends from that era you’re particularly drawn too?

It’s so interesting because I feel like everyone is onto this new wave now. During the "No Broken Hearts" video, I became obsessed with the whole TLC, Aaliyah, Missy Elliot, early Britney Spears, and even Busta Rhymes vibe. I love the fashion, colorfulness and gaudiness of certain things. I definitely try to incorporate that whole vibe with a new modern twist by mixing it in with high fashion stuff. I’ve been wearing big chunky diamond chokers for a long time and now I see everyone wearing them and I'm thinking ‘what’s going on?’ I remember when we were first starting the trend, and everyone was so into the late '90s plastic lace chokers, but I wanted to go to 2000. Big diamond chokers, baggy pants, crop tops, and the whole Aaliyah thing right before she passed. And it’s funny that everyone has kind of come around to that.

Source

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Your style has a '90s and early 2000s Tomboy feel to it. Any trends from that era you’re particularly drawn too?

It’s so interesting because I feel like everyone is onto this new wave now. During the "No Broken Hearts" video, I became obsessed with the whole TLC, Aaliyah, Missy Elliot, early Britney Spears, and even Busta Rhymes vibe. I love the fashion, colorfulness and gaudiness of certain things. I definitely try to incorporate that whole vibe with a new modern twist by mixing it in with high fashion stuff. I’ve been wearing big chunky diamond chokers for a long time and now I see everyone wearing them and I'm thinking ‘what’s going on?’ I remember when we were first starting the trend, and everyone was so into the late '90s plastic lace chokers, but I wanted to go to 2000. Big diamond chokers, baggy pants, crop tops, and the whole Aaliyah thing right before she passed. And it’s funny that everyone has kind of come around to that.

Source

Sounds like every other basic who thinks they start so:quirkney:mething 

Archived