The Daily Beast: MTV Just Embarrassed Britney Spears at the VMAs

Maryy

2 minutes ago, NewB said:

I think this was a fair article but Only the media compare Britney to Beyonce. There's really no competition between them. It was not about Britney vs Beyonce or any other performer that night, it was Britney going against the ghost of the 2007 VMA performance and with last night's confidence, she clearly was TRIUMPHANT - SHE CAME OUT of that backdrop and performed ALONE for a moment - to me that's very significant as if saying I'm here and I'm back and I can stand on my own feet. I'm proud of Britney Spears! An inspiration! 

no. many beyonce fans and many britney fans compare both of them. it's undeniable. they are in the pop world of music, either we insist to put one of the RnB scene and the other on the Pop scene. 

yes, Britney was AMAZING!! probably even better than on BBMAs!! she would have the BIGGEST performance OF THE NIGHT, if Beyonce hadn't performed. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Maryy said:

Spears looked great, pulled off the choreography, and had real life in her eyes. The star quality that made Spears’ performances of “Oops!…I Did It Again” and “I’m a Slave 4 U” so iconic had returned. But nothing Spears could do would compare to the tour de force Beyoncé had pulled off minutes before her.

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree. yes britney's performance fall flat if you compared to bey's last night. but it's just bc her team or whoever choreographed and stage her performance give her minimal dancing and concept. i don't get why they don't go all out for last night performance. she's in her best shape in YEARS, she COMPLETELY looked alive and happy to be there, the fire is there, the attitude is there, the fierceness is there, but for some reason they reenact the vegas routine with g-eazy on it. i honestly believe, if she's given more complex choreo and better concept, current britney can outdo current beyonce anyday (except you're one of those people who believe to pull a great performance you have to sing completely live, even bey was singing with tracks!)

EDIT: and bey is not even in her prime anymore rn. her prime imo was self titled. ever since then, her body is getting bigger, notice how she always wears dress with sleeves? (not that it's a bad thing, but y'know), she's skipping some choreos here and there on vmas and her tour, and half assing some moves to catch a breath for vocals. so brit got a huge chance of outdoing her given the right preparation imo

1 minute ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

I thought this crap was stupid, someone has to go after Beyonce and I honestly don't think Britney gives a f--k.

this. to people that says "britney looked bad because of beyonce!" : you're truly disrespecting britney either you realize it or not.

11 minutes ago, Maryy said:

no. many beyonce fans and many britney fans compare both of them. it's undeniable. they are in the pop world of music, either we insist to put one of the RnB scene and the other on the Pop scene. 

yes, Britney was AMAZING!! probably even better than on BBMAs!! she would have the BIGGEST performance OF THE NIGHT, if Beyonce hadn't performed. 

Yeah okay not only the media but the 'stans' as well. People just loves to pit women against women. 

41 minutes ago, marioh said:

The praise for Thiefonce everywhere is unbearable. She doesn't do anything spectacular, Lemonade is a good album, but not a masterpiece. And her lipped VMA performance was boring. I can't. :beynah:

I can't at all the praise trying to make her the queen she will never be.

I need to vomit now.

Archived