Britney Spears's Backup Dancer Shares What Happened at Her Best and Worst VMAs

IconicShow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand her...at all
she picked 2007 over 2001 because of better production? no way :idkney: 
the background+dancers looked cool for vegas stage but 2001 vma had animals, great interesting outfits, the dancing was unreal...
maybe 2007 was good year for her lol i dont even know what else 

16 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

While Britney's performance obviously wasn't her best, I think there's a lot to appreciate in that performance such as the complexity of the choreography, how much is going on at once, the environment/feel of the performance. Not saying 2001 wasn't high production or that it was less high production than 2007, but I can understand where she's coming from. She also could've liked the choreography and how it paid off more for her as a dancer. I don't know if you've seen the original choreography, but to me, it's really top notch and perfectly fitting for Gimme More:

I've always hoped she would perform this original choreo again since her dancing has improved so much since her breakdown and this choreography is just too good to go to waste imo.

would have been much better tbh

i do agree about the production tho,it was amazing all those pole dancers, the red backround ect :mhm:

• Super Mods
21 minutes ago, osu24 said:

She didn't give that much insight into her performances. misleading title tbh. 

For the GP who doesn't follow Britney closely, this might be insight tbh :angietea:

17 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

While Britney's performance obviously wasn't her best, I think there's a lot to appreciate in that performance such as the complexity of the choreography, how much is going on at once, the environment/feel of the performance. Not saying 2001 wasn't high production or that it was less high production than 2007, but I can understand where she's coming from. She also could've liked the choreography and how it paid off more for her as a dancer. I don't know if you've seen the original choreography, but to me, it's really top notch and perfectly fitting for Gimme More:

I've always hoped she would perform this original choreo again since her dancing has improved so much since her breakdown and this choreography is just too good to go to waste imo.

This :nobitch: I think everyone dragging her for saying 2007 is her favorite performance aren't taking what you clarified into account!

12 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Because she stopped doing promo after Circus so her label no longer gave her a budget to bring in the big guns.

That's how we've ended up with people like Glenn Nutley, Marco Marco and Randee St. Nicholas. She hasn't had the money to spend on her performances (including makeup, costumes, promo, choreo, staging) like she did in her golden years.

'Golden years' tho... She is not a has been. She is still successful.

Also, her makeup, costumes, staging, etc., has nothing to do with her caliber as an artist, those things are just extra and appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

'Golden years' tho... She is not a has been. She is still successful.

Also, her makeup, costumes, staging, etc., has nothing to do with her caliber as an artist, those things are just extra and appreciated. 

No, but her budget is closely tied to her willingness to do promo.

Her dancer is saying exactly that -- that in her earlier years, they had the budgets to create four-star performances by working with the best people (choreographers, stage designers, costumes, makeup). During the FF tour and POM they've been working with lower budgets, so the performances aren't going to be up to par with the "golden years" when they had the high budgets.

6 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

For the GP who doesn't follow Britney closely, this might be insight tbh :angietea:

This :nobitch: I think everyone dragging her for saying 2007 is her favorite performance aren't taking what you clarified into account!

This! What i.likee about the choreo was that it was sleek and ****. I understand why it's her favorite.  

49 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

What's it like working with Spears versus other pop stars you've worked with?
I would have to say she was my favorite because of everything that was involved. At the time, the caliber of artist that she was brought along great production, great costumes—you're treated well. So each time I worked with her it was always the best of jobs because you get the four-star treatment.

--------

Everything was good up until that answer. Why do people talk as she was a has-been?? She's been slaying peoples lives in Vegas, her dancing is incredible, Glory is a glorious album, her music has matured tremendously, she is experimenting with new sounds, she is involved in songwriting, she is promoting, she's going to do the VMAS, iHeart, Apple Music Festival.... Why do people diminish so much her success?

I got the same feeling :tiffeyeroll:

I think we take for granted the technology used in production. In 2007, the full video backdrop was really complex and added a lot to the production (choreo, aerialist, table dancers, etc.). With the vmas in Vegas, what they put together for 2007 was perfect for the venue and for the song. It's validating to hear that there was so much rehearsal involved. I think people were trying to make that Britney didn't care or work hard during that time but it was nice to read all the work, including from Britney, that went into that performance.

36 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Considering what she said, this VMA's performance is going to be huge. She says: in 2007 her team was highly involved in the production of the performance because Britney was the headliner, and she hadn't have performed in a while at the VMA's, so they "created" some kind of iconic performance to bring her back. This VMA's are even bigger than before: it's the 1st time that Brit performs at that stage in 9 years (after the disastrous and iconic 2007 performance), she is considered one of the most anticipated perfomers of the night (if not the most one, or even the headliner), it's going to be her acid test to demonstrate that she is the same Brit everyone loves and respects, so it's obvious that this performance must be damn iconic, if not, Brit and her team are real dumb:tiffsmoke:

Exactly !!! that's what I'm saying and the hush hush wait and see kinda **** is driving me crazy! i hope and deep down I'm sure it will be HUGE. I doubt Britney and Larry agrees on performing without kicking ***. I can't wait for tonight 

37 minutes ago, BritneySpearsGr said:

This makes me thinking again, what went wrong with that vma '07 perfo?..

Some times things don't come out well. I think, Britney was kind of "depressed" and her stage fright forced her to put the performance she did. Maybe behind of everything, in the rehearsals she was fierce af, but I think she crashed herself when she went up to the stage realizing that everyone was watching her again.

30 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

No, but her budget is closely tied to her willingness to do promo.

Her dancer is saying exactly that -- that in her earlier years, they had the budgets to create four-star performances by working with the best people (choreographers, stage designers, costumes, makeup). During the FF tour and POM they've been working with lower budgets, so the performances aren't going to be up to par with the "golden years" when they had the high budgets.

Meant to just use the "edit" button to fix a spelling mistake, but ended up hitting "quote" instead. Why is there no longer a delete feature?

:britdrown:

Archived