"Glory" predicted to chart at #3! Before you freak...

Sexy4u95

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no need to discredit predictions because u don't like what they say. HDD is fairly reliable (usually within 20k) If you want it to sell more then gift the album, share it and stream. But putting your head in the sand and saying "oh it's too early" won't help it sell any more. I agree that the VMAs will help and I mentioned that in my original post. I do believe she will overachieve in sales compared to this first prediction. 

As for those shocked with these numbers.... It actually makes perfect sense. You have a lead single, like it or not, which has thus far peaked at #17... How do you expect to get a #1 album with huge numbers when the lead single still hasn't broken into the top 10??? Radio thus far has stalled on "Make Me" hovering at the #20 position between 5,500-5,700 spins..

NOW BEFORE you chop my head off all I am stating is facts. Some POSITIVE facts.

1 - An album's sucess does not hinge on its opening sales. Longevity is very important.

2 - "Make Me" has a real shot at earning a new peak on the BB100. It has continued to rise on ITunes (#3.. Closing in on #2). Also there is bound to be some bump from the VMA. As to how much this is will have to be seen. 

3 - The single is still relatively new and has not been overplayed to the GP. If Britney gives a good performance at the VMA and if it stabilizes on ITunes >>> Radio stations might increase rotation. 

4 - Britney has many more promotional events occurring over the next several months. 

5 - we still have the joy of single #2 (honestly probably going to be DYWTCO after Britnets tweet that it is one of her favorite songs on the album... Also has been added to Piece of Me.) I actually think that this could take off cause it has strong essence of Toxic and showcases her experimental side on the album. 

6 minutes ago, Sexy4u95 said:

There is no need to discredit predictions because u don't like what they say. HDD is fairly reliable (usually within 20k) If you want it to sell more then gift the album, share it and stream. But putting your head in the sand and saying "oh it's too early" won't help it sell any more. I agree that the VMAs will help and I mentioned that in my original post. I do believe she will overachieve in sales compared to this first prediction. 

As for those shocked with these numbers.... It actually makes perfect sense. You have a lead single, like it or not, which has thus far peaked at #17... How do you expect to get a #1 album with huge numbers when the lead single still hasn't broken into the top 10??? Radio thus far has stalled on "Make Me" hovering at the #20 position between 5,500-5,700 spins..

NOW BEFORE you chop my head off all I am stating is facts. Some POSITIVE facts.

1 - An album's sucess does not hinge on its opening sales. Longevity is very important.

2 - "Make Me" has a real shot at earning a new peak on the BB100. It has continued to rise on ITunes (#3.. Closing in on #2). Also there is bound to be some bump from the VMA. As to how much this is will have to be seen. 

3 - The single is still relatively new and has not been overplayed to the GP. If Britney gives a good performance at the VMA and if it stabilizes on ITunes >>> Radio stations might increase rotation. 

4 - Britney has many more promotional events occurring over the next several months. 

5 - we still have the joy of single #2 (honestly probably going to be DYWTCO after Britnets tweet that it is one of her favorite songs on the album... Also has been added to Piece of Me.) I actually think that this could take off cause it has strong essence of Toxic and showcases her experimental side on the album. 

album will make a debut at #1 and all of you doubters will get a lesson then not underestimate the queen:whitneyshade:

Archived