Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I just wanna say this:

You all overrate Blackout, I mean A LOT!!! Yes, it was a great album but it's not the only one. You talk (well, you type) as if it was the last worthy Britney album when in each era as soon as you heard something new, you all said it was better than her previous albums. I love Blackout but it's not her only good/great album.

And no, Invitation is not her best song since ever, and it's not evenclose to be her best song from her whole career. After Blackout, we had:

Womanizer - club banger

Unusual you - relaxing, deep and more adult lyrics. 

Circus - one of her many classics

If you seek amy - pure pop and fun lyrics

Hold it against me - risky sound, melodic chorus and pure 90's pop

I wanna go - such a summer hit

Criminal - very different Britney sound and theme

Inside out - mid-tempo track, adult lyrics and great vocals

Alien - very personal songs (bad edition but who cares), good vocals

Hold on tight - a very different and deep Britney balad

... and I even would say Work ***** but not everyone loved. So no, it's not. For me, Glory is not my favorite album, I liked only 4 or maybe 5 tracks from the whole tracklist, they are very very slow for me but I respect everyone elses's opinion, actually I guess it's my least fav album but I admit it is great and it seems many fans (and non fans) liked it for some reason so it must be good at some extent. 

:umwtf: 4 or 5 tracks?:overitkbye:

Wrong album :dontlike: get them to listen to random tracks from Britney/In the zone/Femme Fatale and Blackout. Glory is a risky new sound for Britney so before becoming a fan they should appreciate the roots of our queen. I'd say Baby and Oops but those are very dated. Maybe you should lock the doors and play Brenda Joanna non-stop so they can worship how much she's stepped up :chershade:

2 minutes ago, Gloryney said:

:umwtf: 4 or 5 tracks?:overitkbye:

Yep, Make me, Do you wanna come over, Man on the moon, Liar and Clumsy. That's it. I said I respect everyone else's opinion but for me this album is very ******* SLOW. I mean, it has good songs, as I listen to them, they get me high but just right before getting to the climax, it goes down with a slow and chill sound. On the other hand, I appreciate the fact she was involved in the project and ultimately (whether if we like it or not) it was made on her own terms, that adds more reliability because she created it. It might be my least fav album but I admit it is a good and great step for Britney. :bwink:

26 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I just wanna say this:

You all overrate Blackout, I mean A LOT!!! Yes, it was a great album but it's not the only one. You talk (well, you type) as if it was the last worthy Britney album when in each era as soon as you heard something new, you all said it was better than her previous albums. I love Blackout but it's not her only good/great album.

And no, Invitation is not her best song since ever, and it's not evenclose to be her best song from her whole career. After Blackout, we had:

Womanizer - club banger

Unusual you - relaxing, deep and more adult lyrics. 

Circus - one of her many classics

If you seek amy - pure pop and fun lyrics

Hold it against me - risky sound, melodic chorus and pure 90's pop

I wanna go - such a summer hit

Criminal - very different Britney sound and theme

Inside out - mid-tempo track, adult lyrics and great vocals

Alien - very personal songs (bad edition but who cares), good vocals

Hold on tight - a very different and deep Britney balad

... and I even would say Work ***** but not everyone loved. So no, it's not. For me, Glory is not my favorite album, I liked only 4 or maybe 5 tracks from the whole tracklist, they are very very slow for me but I respect everyone elses's opinion, actually I guess it's my least fav album but I admit it is great and it seems many fans (and non fans) liked it for some reason so it must be good at some extent. 

Your list is spot on without Hold on Tite and Alien the Production Mess.

I think the GP don't really like the songs that are "too Britney" (like Do You Wanna Come Over, (Drop Dead) Beautiful, I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)

So I'll say Just Luv Me and Make Me are two great songs to show them, If I'm Dancing, also No Seas Cortés and Coupure Électrique so they know our girl is very experimental and polylingual lol

9 hours ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

I consider it Rihanna's Gimme More. I love Man On The Moon, but Work is more meaningful and personal for me. I connect to it and I think it's best written. A lot of people say all she says is work, but if you look at the lyrics on genius and understand Jamaican dialect it's superior. The lyrics are actual sad, but uplifting at the same time.

Work work work work work work, see me haffi?

thats now classed as meaningful? Omd, what have I missed?! And how dare you compare Gimme More to Blerk:arianabye:

1 minute ago, JustLoveBritney said:

Work work work work work work, see me haffi?

thats now classed as meaningful? Omd, what have I missed?! And how dare you compare Gimme More to Blerk:arianabye:

Already explained in the thread. I love the Work lyrics in it's entirety. If you don't find it meaningful oh well. Millions do.

Archived