Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

You do know that for an individual to get to 1,500 streams, you would need 1,500 full streams of an album, right? Assuming Glory is around 55-60 minutes, if you divide 1,500 by 15, each person needs to stream the album 100 times for a full week.

There are only 168 hours in a week. So you expect people to have their phones, laptops, or any device streaming for 100 hours? That doesn't make a lot of sense. I get the teamwork and all, but I can do the most good by purchasing additional copies. It takes me just a few clicks to get one, and I don't need to waste it on electricity and all that.

You're wrong. 1500 streams is the number of song plays, not full album plays. :madonna:

I'm sure you can play 100 times Make Me or a combination of 50 times Make Me+50 times Coupure Electrique.

Make Me is 3:51 long. 100 times Make Me = 5.85 hours = 5 hours 51 minutes. That's all.

100 times Just Like Me (2:22?)=3.94 hours= 3 hours 56 minutes.

It's nothing.

You can easily contribute to 100 streams each day. You just did not comprehend the BB rule from the beginning.

8 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

I know!!!  I just ordered my physical today!  I can already tell I'll be playing Glory and nothing else for a long while.  I'm still Make Me, the remixes Clumsy et all every day. lol

Me to :bopney:

3 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

I just read this and got hyped :orangu:

Just 2 more days babe :bwink:

3 minutes ago, button said:

You're wrong. 1500 streams is the number of song plays, not full album plays. :madonna:

I'm sure you can play 100 times Make Me or a combination of 50 times Make Me+50 times Coupure Electrique.

Make Me is 3:51 long. 100 times Make Me=5.85 hours. That's all.

100 times Just Like Me (2:22?)=3.94 hours= 3 hours 56 minutes.

It's nothing.

You can ease contribute to 100 streams each day. You just did comprehend the BB rule from the beginning.

Even if what you're saying is true, that still doesn't make a lot of sense, especially if I can buy an album several times. I do not have Spotify. I don't like the sound quality and I've never been a fan of the service. If I buy an album 10 times, that's an equivalent of 15,000 streams from me. 

I'm not justifying the downloading of the illegal release, but you do know that apart from streaming, you have to take other factors into consideration like the battery life of any particular device + associated electric costs. Why go through all that when you can click and purchase, which saves both time and any associated cost? 

9 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

Even if what you're saying is true, that still doesn't make a lot of sense, especially if I can buy an album several times. I do not have Spotify. I don't like the sound quality and I've never been a fan of the service. If I buy an album 10 times, that's an equivalent of 15,000 streams from me. 

I'm not justifying the downloading of the illegal release, but you do know that apart from streaming, you have to take other factors into consideration like the battery life of any particular device + associated electric costs. Why go through all that when you can click and purchase, which saves both time and any associated cost? 

By the way, you proved mathematically that Drake's record of 285M streams would not have been possible if it was the way you're saying. And anyways:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6320099/billboard-200-makeover-streams-digital-tracks

The updated Billboard 200 will utilize accepted industry benchmarks for digital and streaming data, equating 10 digital track sales from an album to one equivalent album sale, and 1,500 song streams from an album to one equivalent album sale.

Look I'm not forcing you to stream. Like I showed you streaming Just Like Me 50 times is less than 2 hours. You can use your computer for 2 hours while having the song (or album) on loop on low volume. It's not a ground-breaking effort.

Can you buy 10 copies? If you can, go ahead and don't think about streaming. But you must NOT buy them all at once. You must buy them one by one in different transactions or at different stores. If you buy +2 copies at once in a store, it counts as one sale. Stupid I know but that's just the way it is.

But tbh, you can still buy 10 copies and stream a little. It doesn't hurt at all.

47 minutes ago, Maryy said:

it's one of the most complex songs on the album, imo.

her vocals are so versatile and they have that Britney signature on it all over the song :gobaby:

it's one of my favorites!!! the beat is so fresh and upbeat. it's really good i can't even deal with it yet :ahhh:

It sounds so fresh yet has that 90s feel good Pop feeling to it!

I love the lyrics and the production it's beyond crazy!!

54 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

I really love it. It's probably my fave... I wish the chorus would've been elaborated on... but the pre-chorus and the build up... there's something about it that makes me happy and want to smile. I think I see MJ in there. Also at the end when she adlibs in the final chorus 'Yooou-ahhh, you-ahh'

The verses and chourse is the songs highlight for me along with her vocals 

3 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Just Luv Me is a great song in my opinion, I love it too, but it's everything but a career song tbh, the chorus is underwhelming I think, I don't see it being more successful than Make Me

the chorus is gold :crying1: I have to strongly disagree here, but only time will tell, we'll have to wait and see I guess ;-) :tongueney:

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

great lyrics, but it remains the most boring song of the album :lessons:

if they release it it's gonna be Perfume 2.0

what. :mj:  :madonna:

Even tho I'm still on the fence about JLM as the 2nd single, I think the selens/bieber similarity could work for her and help introduce her to younger generations who don't know her as a new artist, the song sounds very current and radio-friendly so it's a safe choice, worst case scenario it will be a top 20 mild hit.

If any song on glory will give this era momentum it's Just Luv Me, I think they should save the more out there riskier songs for 3rd and hopefully 4th singles.

IMO it should go like this:

single #2 Just Luv Me

single #3 Better or If I'm Dancing

single #4 Man On The Moon or Change Your Mind

Archived