Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
24 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

It just doesn't make sense.  There are literally posters on this forum daily saying how much Britney needs to be relevant to the GP again, counting her streams and numbers, requesting on radio ect complaining about how Britney isn't taken seriously anymore, how bad everything is, and then she releases some of her strongest work in years, - ever.  People are saying they want a #1 debut and yet jump all over a leak and help it spread.

Look, before anyone comes for me, I GET wanting to hear new Britney BADLY.  I understand the inclination to download stuff,  I even understand that this post will probably get misunderstood.   If you did download the leak I'm not saying you're a "bad fan."  Nor  am I calling anyone's  morals into play.  Please get that.  I'm just saying, that the OP has a very valid point when he says leaks have an effect on streaming, on the quality of the music being made, on the budgets being allowed by record labels, or how much resources are made available for new work.  To pretend otherwise, just isn't true.   There's a bigger picture then just the " everybody does it anyway" "I already pre-ordered the album, so downloading it early doesn't influence anything."   Leaks don't help artists, they don't help the music industry and they don't help support the creation of high quality music that ultimately the fans want. 

If only this comment were pinned and main-paged tbh :tifftear:

And if only this comment could be spread as quickly as the leaks did, then maybe some people would understand :tiffanynod: 

I agree it is bad that it leaked and was in store before the release , but her team should know better. They should of done suprise drop of the album right and then right after the make me  (original) music video and present it as a first single. Until then they should have keep it a top

secret. I would release it right a week before VMA's and then do a surprise performance shocking and iconic. The thing is she or someone doesn't care that much about the sales. She likes to enjoy her life right now. Do an apperence here and there. She is not into heavy promotion. Beyonce is so opsessed with nubers that she is doing everything she can (that gurl is on tour 24/7) performing everywhere and is media present ALL THE TIME. I don't care if they don't care. The whole Glory era could have been massive they are not stupid they know how the market works. If they don't care you shouldn't eather. Numbers are only for people who just want to shove it into other fan basis face. Enjoy her music and you can love her and be a fan but don't wrap your whole LIFE about her and her sales and everything she does or doesn't do. It's called opsession 

1. Till The World Ends

2. Hold It Against Me

3. Inside Out

4. Man On The Moon

5. How I Roll

6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful

7. Do You Wanna Come Over?

8. Slumber Party

9. Just Like Me

10. Love Me Down

11. Hard To Forget Ya

12. What You Need

13. Up N Down

14. He About To Lose Me

15. Selfish

16. If I'm Dancing

17. Scary

FF: 9
Glory: 8

People justifying their premature listening party to glory: we all know you're going to support the damn album. But the whole fact that it's out and everyone is praising the **** out of it, non fans and people who aren't aware of the album just lose their opportunity to stream it or potentially buy it. The chances of a non fan waiting to listen to it legally arnt likely. That the point of this thread. It's common sense that fans will steam and buy once it's officially released, but you can't count on the general public to do the same. Therefore it literally ruined chances of a stronger debut. It's not that difficult to understand people. People ***** about how Britney needs to appeal to the masses, hopefully this album does. And hopefully it'll do well cause we all know team Britney won't do more promo or do extra if this album doesn't do well. They'll just force more Vegas and more random Vegas merchandise in a pop up shop. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

People justifying their premature listening party to glory: we all know you're going to support the damn album. But the whole fact that it's out and everyone is praising the **** out of it, non fans and people who aren't aware of the album just lose their opportunity to stream it or potentially buy it. The chances of a non fan waiting to listen to it legally arnt likely. That the point of this thread. It's common sense that fans will steam and buy once it's officially released, but you can't count on the general public to do the same. Therefore it literally ruined chances of a stronger debut. It's not that difficult to understand people. People ***** about how Britney needs to appeal to the masses, hopefully this album does. And hopefully it'll do well cause we all know team Britney won't do more promo or do extra if this album doesn't do well. They'll just force more Vegas and more random Vegas merchandise in a pop up shop. 

PREACH

Archived