SLANT Magazine Review of GLORY 70/100

HotAsIce.ve

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Artsy Fartsy said:

they gave 60 to Blackout and Circus? :xcuseme: you can already see they're a mess

Yes. But that magazine always it's hard with pop divas, specially with Britney. So they give Glory her best review for her. In fact the overrated "Lemonade" they give her 70 too. So I think we can expect better reviews from Rolling Stone and a lot of more magazines ;) . Her most acclaimed album it's coming 

I don't need everyone to love this album as much as I do, but I really can't with misguided reviews.

For example:
What's the point of mentioning Christina in this review? Is the writer suggesting that Britney should never have tackled those songs because other singers would have been able to inject it with more vocal histrionics? It's like saying that that a sweater at Burberry would have been louder if Dolce & Gabbana designed it. No ****, *******. Instead of commending Britney for sounding more in control of her voice than she has in years, you'd rather compare her efforts against Christina Aguilera?

Oh, and I'm not here for the Make Me shade. 

Honestly... Even professional reviews seem biased. 

Like lets cut the **** and be honest, if I worked for Slant and they asked me to review someone I didn't like, I'm going to try my hardest to find some tiny detail I don't like and make it into a huge deal and pretty much ruin his/her entire career... So yeah. :whitneyshade:

13 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Honestly... Even professional reviews seem biased. 

Like lets cut the **** and be honest, if I worked for Slant and they asked me to review someone I didn't like, I'm going to try my hardest to find some tiny detail I don't like and make it into a huge deal and pretty much ruin his/her entire career... So yeah. :whitneyshade:

to be fair, i find reviewing arts like music is extremely difficult. It is extremely subjective

Just now, Via Infinito said:

to be fair, i find reviewing arts like music is extremely difficult. It is extremely subjective

Very true, some people grade music based on technicalities... But to me, music is about passion and the feelings the music evokes within you. I think that's why Glory is truly my favorite album... It's like a heavenly experience from start to finish.

Just now, QueenAri said:

I hate when people bash her voice. No one bashes Gwen Stefani or Cyndi Laupers singing talent? 

Also, comparing her to Xtina is stupid. No one can sing a Britney Spears song better than Britney Spears. 

Let's face it Xtina would overscream these songs and made them sound dead as **** so i don't know what the reviewer is thinking lmfao

Archived