My Idea for the VMA Performance

MikeMasi

I think it would be cool if Britney wore something from the original music video. I was thinking something along the lines of what she wore with G-Eazy. 

The song is very ******, so I think the stage should be set up as a lounge area with a big cage in the middle of it. 

What will make it iconic? The outfit, and what she does with the props. I'm visualizing a lot of close interaction with dancers on top of each other. An example of this would be the Breathe on Me performance from the In the Zone special, and from the Onyx Hotel. 

I see it as her performing with the guys in the cage, and the girls outside around the lounge. The girl dancers would be one top of each other, and the guys would be all over Britney in the cage while they were dancing. 

G-Eazy would appear sitting on the couch for his part. She comes over (out of the cage) and starts to give him a lap dance as he's looking at her from the couch (maybe with a cigar in his mouth). He gets up, and they start moving together on stage (grinding).

After his part, the dancers continue to dance with Britney, and it's a big **** scene. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the performance should start off with the iconic "its been a while, I know I shouldnt keep you waiting, but I'm here now"

:myjam:

there should be a tribute to 3, when she goes to the crowd and give Jessica Biel (next to Justin timberlake) a lap dance while singing "or 3 or 4, on the floor"

:mjpopcorn:

No. 

Opens with Invitation. Live vocals. No gimmicks. Stage and costume design white and bright. Heavenly/angelic. 

Lights go down and music stops to allow for applause. 

Make Me begins. Pre-recorded vocals. Staging: acrobats are suspended from the ceiling. Stage floor is heavy smoke.  Choreo: interpretive dance (sia/maddie-esque). During G-Eazy rap he is seducing Britney and she's trying to fight it. Really intense body movements but she doesn't allow him close enough to touch. As his rap comes to an end, he grabs her and pulls her close. When he touched her the stage is alight with flames as they are pulled up from the stage and set soaring through the air (think of circus tour touch of my hand). Last chorus ends. Lights down. 

Fin. 

22 minutes ago, Werrrrkkkkit said:

No. 

Opens with Invitation. Live vocals. No gimmicks. Stage and costume design white and bright. Heavenly/angelic. 

Lights go down and music stops to allow for applause. 

Make Me begins. Pre-recorded vocals. Staging: acrobats are suspended from the ceiling. Stage floor is heavy smoke.  Choreo: interpretive dance (sia/maddie-esque). During G-Eazy rap he is seducing Britney and she's trying to fight it. Really intense body movements but she doesn't allow him close enough to touch. As his rap comes to an end, he grabs her and pulls her close. When he touched her the stage is alight with flames as they are pulled up from the stage and set soaring through the air (think of circus tour touch of my hand). Last chorus ends. Lights down. 

Fin. 

Okay, I like that, but I doubt they will open up with Invitation. 

34 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

Okay, I like that, but I doubt they will open up with Invitation. 

Maybe not the full track but first verse and chorus. The intro is absolutely breathtaking it would take the performance to the next level. Plus it would be an easy enough song to sing live which would get so much media attention since Britney is reknowned for lipsyncing 

Archived