Why are the choruses getting worse?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Risebondagebarbiee said:

Clumsy doesn't even have a chorus so I don't knowant what your talking about with it being repetitive.

Make me chorus is the best part of the song and isn't repetitive at all.

Flop review and flop user. Sorry not sorry.

:uknowit:

Make Me chorus consists of the song name repeated twice. And Ooh Ooh Ooh.
It ain't a flop review just because you disagreed with two points out of dozen that I brought up.

21 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I don't find MM's chorus that repetitive at all and they're not overproduced or unnatural vocals they're layered and there are other people singing with her!

This

But 15x not alone? I never noticed it, don't destroy that song for me sweety, not much Clone Jean left

I'm counting... :wendycry:

2 minutes ago, indyRS said:

Some choruses are repetitive, but in this case, she makes up for it by slaying with sick vocals and lyrics during the verses, so you'll have to deal.

Some meaning half of the album.
I don't really get the ''other aspects of the song making up the lack of good chorus'' attitude. Many of the songs would be even greater if they didn't just repeat the name of the song for ten times.

I'm not really sure why you guys are giving the OP a hard time. It's true. Most of the songs in Glory feature extraordinarily repetitive choruses. I don't agree that they all suck, though. Some of them (like Just Luv Me, Make Me, DYWCO, and What You Need) are fine with their simpler choruses. DYWCO's chorus is actually perfect for the song. But I do agree that the other songs have been let down by how repetitive and inconsequential the chorus is. Clumsy, Just Like Me, and If I'm Dancing are saddled with mediocre choruses. I'm especially bummed about If I'm Dancing, because it could really have been incredible with a more thoughtful chorus. 

Man on the Moon, Slumber Party, and Liar have great choruses, I thought. 

Just now, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

'cause it's pop? :xcuseme:

BOMT is pop, OIDIA is pop, Slave is pop, Toxic is pop, Circus is pop, HIAM is pop, TTWE is pop, IWG is pop, WB is pop

Cheap Trills is pop, What Do You Mean is pop, Sorry is pop, Thinking Out Loud is pop, Hello is pop, Take Me To Church is pop etc.

They're all pop, but not repetitive or simple as Glory choruses are.

Wtf, Womanizer says hello. so does 3, Gimme More, Slave (Get it get it what get it get it what part), TTWE, Up N Down..

Britney is literally known for her over repetitive choruses. 

Glory is no exception to that. Some songs do have repetitive choruses but some have amazing melody and lyrics, like Man On The moon, Invitation, Liar, Slumber Party.. Britney hadn't done choruses as amazing as the ones on these songs since I honestly don't know when.  Plus some are so well connected to the song that they don't even stand out as repetitive necessairily, like DYWCO or What u need

Archived