How could this happen

xratedjay

Well done to the people who have ****** up the album release!! I work in an Australian music store and we were discussing Britney is more than likely going to be embargoed which means the Cd physically cannot be put on the shelf until Friday and any sold it advertised on shelves Sony music fines massive amounts like thousands so be warned Mexico your about to go broke. I don't get how they put it out nearly a week earlier are you stupid? Good luck to those stores and staff they are gonna need it

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happens all the time, it's the same with Pokémon videogames lol I think X and Y were sold earlier in Canada or something like that, it always happens, the thing is, they should react faster and say, well, it leaked earlier, then just put in on sale as soon as possible, before more people get to listen to it without buying it. At this point who cares about the charts, when it's already leaking.

Sales do matter 

this is Britney's job.... People will leak it so people will just download for free and not buy it 

if you think I'm being dramatic it's simple as if Britney doesn't sell records Britney could lose her record deal it happens Sony aren't going to do albums for free... Like I said its britneys job it's like you saying ah it's ok to take a magazine from a store and scan the whole thing for everyone to see worldwide. As said she's gonna be embargoed that's a law so those stores will face penalties 

Yeah, I agree. You know Britney's team and Sony execs are flipping out right now. It's not as easy as just putting the album for sale immediately. Systems are put in place to mange the album sales as scheduled. It's not like flipping a switch. Not to mention how this impacts the debut plans they had scheduled. This isn't good.

Yeah, I agree. You know Britney's team and Sony execs are flipping out right now. It's not as easy as just putting the album for sale immediately. Systems are put in place to mange the album sales as scheduled. It's not like flipping a switch. Not to mention how this impacts the debut plans they had scheduled. This isn't good.

49 minutes ago, xratedjay said:

Sales do matter 

this is Britney's job.... People will leak it so people will just download for free and not buy it 

if you think I'm being dramatic it's simple as if Britney doesn't sell records Britney could lose her record deal it happens Sony aren't going to do albums for free... Like I said its britneys job it's like you saying ah it's ok to take a magazine from a store and scan the whole thing for everyone to see worldwide. As said she's gonna be embargoed that's a law so those stores will face penalties 

Of course they matter. If this doesn't sell as well it will impact the quality of producers and promotion her label will be willing to invest in her future albums and videos.

54 minutes ago, xratedjay said:

Sales do matter 

Sigh.  It must be SO frustrating to have something in various phases of process for such a long time, only to have it leaked early.  It's not shocking that her team says very little, honestly.  When this news came about I heard a bit of one of the songs being played in the store, but I won't be seeking out the album or downloading it.  I'm going to wait until official release and hear the album in full as intended.

Oh please! This is not 2007-2010, streaming has changed the game for music, leaks means nothing today, you can buy/stream an album in many plataforms, you don't have to walk to a store to buy it, that's why years ago leaks was so dangerous for artists because phisycal copies was expensive like the online services but now with Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, etc you can have an album just with a click. Don't be dramatic.

3 hours ago, blue.monopoly said:

Sounds like a great idea. Why didn't they do this?

Because Britney isn't Beyonce. Her albums haven't shown to have enough longevity this decade. It's too much of a risk for the label. She's a Vegas act first and foremost. She's not going to be promoting around the clock for months like other artists. It's all frontloaded. I wouldn't expect more than three singles from 'Glory' when all is said and done. They lost a lot of money on the videos fiasco and the first single didn't burn up the charts. It's all about the album and its first week. Then the label will call it a day and leave it up to Britney and her team to decide what more they wish to do. Vegas is her bread and butter at the end of the day. Just enjoy the music. 

7 hours ago, xratedjay said:

Sales do matter 

I won't deny it, some people will download for free and not buy it. At the risk of sounding naive here's hoping there's a lot of honest people that will go out and support it if they like it enough. I like a singer that wasn't all that famous here in America, I love his stuff enough that I tracked down his albums and bought them online, they mostly came from Germany and Austria. The dishonest people might scoff at me doing that. "If you got something for free, it's quite foolish to go to all that trouble!" I didn't think of it as trouble. I enjoyed the process of collecting the albums. 

Archived