Positive about Circus that´s kind of missing now

Jite91

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

06b61_tumblr_m4zwleYsxM1qiohboo1_1280.jpThat face was there since day 1 in the BOMT video in the school girl outfit. Where you at fierce Brit? 

I know!! She kind of has sparks from time to time.... but we need more than just sparks!! We need lightning!!! :wendycry:

I miss her fierce attitude but sometimes she literally gave zero f^cks like she chew the gum during performances...and now she's really trying but her way of performing has changed, she is smiling all the time and makes goofy faces during **** songs...is that a good thing? :mj: I don't know but I wish she had more of Slave BBMA attitude :thirsty:

4 minutes ago, tsss said:

I miss her fierce attitude but sometimes she literally gave zero f^cks like she chew the gum during performances...and now she's really trying but her way of performing has changed, she is smiling all the time and makes goofy faces during **** songs...is that a good thing? :mj: I don't know but I wish she had more of Slave BBMA attitude :thirsty:

i love her to death, but i don´t think that´s a good thing :beynah:

A huge part of what has made her performances so epic and rewatchable is her attitude, if she´s laughing and making goofy faces she takes that element away and the performance becomes a sort of parody... which does not inspire much and becomes not rewatchable :beynah:

The thing that makes her one of the most electrifying live performers of all time is her attitude :thirsty:

52 minutes ago, button said:

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. The fact that she doesn't do the intimidating/serious face when she performs now makes her less of a pleasure to the eyes. That bad ***** attitude she had on stage was what made her performances so great! Like the VMA 2001 or whenever she did the Toxic choregraphy in 2004. The ultimate example would be the piercing look she has when she does the Slave choregraphy in the official video. 

She looks way too innocent on stage nowadays. Very pertinent remark. :riri:

This is true to a considerable degree. If she could work on maintaining those strong facial expressions throughout the routine, then it would make a huge difference and elevate the performance.

The good thing is we're seeing flashes of that attitude more often now, like here -

tumblr_o7lwdtE9zd1uul194o1_500.gif

It's so ****. And it's so Britney.

Another minor criticism I have is when she pauses in between dancing to move/fix her hair, it's very distracting and takes her and the audience out of the moment. 

Get these two aspects on mark, and she'll be slaying 500% :makesomenoise:

POM choreo has always been awkward and messy...like all of Crazy and TTWE...most of toxic minus the tree and breakdown (when she has her hair out, when it's that ponytail thing with her track exposed it's pointless). Her performances aren't alluring or sultry, MM should be performed on like a rotating bed prop with fog and fluid **** moves...I feel like TOM and BOM are good but her outfits aren't, and those tights she wears on each outfit make her stiff. It's unfortunate and annoying bc she can do better.

30 minutes ago, Barbie Spears said:

This is true to a considerable degree. If she could work on maintaining those strong facial expressions throughout the routine, then it would make a huge difference and elevate the performance.

The good thing is we're seeing flashes of that attitude more often now, like here -

tumblr_o7lwdtE9zd1uul194o1_500.gif

It's so ****. And it's so Britney.

Another minor criticism I have is when she pauses in between dancing to move/fix her hair, it's very distracting and takes her and the audience out of the moment. 

Get these two aspects on mark, and she'll be slaying 500% :makesomenoise:

I had that exact same moment in my head when I was typing that! I was trying to remember if she ever did it at some point in this decade and that image of her leaning on the BBMA pole and flipping her hair popped up in my mind! :uknowit:

She needs to do that more but like I said in another post she also needs to stop messing with her face. :crying11:

3 hours ago, G-unit said:

This absolutely baffles my mind because (while I hardcore stand for TCSBS because it was a mother ******* spectacle) the choreography was minimal as ****.  The Circus breakdown was great, but she only really did it in the video.  The Get Naked performance had a few good bits of choreo.  Other than that, it was all about her attitude and the visuals.  The dance breaks she added were all those super uncomplicated dub-step breaks.  She is slaying some serious choreography, the best she's had since 2004 on POM.  It might not be the best, because she doesn't really master it a lot of the time, but it's much more intricate than anything from the Circus tour.

Not to mention, I was around exhale for TCSBS.  The BITCHING about her "walking" and "being lazy" was real.  It's so funny how everyone flip flops so easily.  I can't wait for two months from now.  When BJ was robbed of a Grammy and Glory is the biggest embarrassment of her career. :gloria:

Thats what I always say, I also live for Circus era, but back then people bashed her so much! Britney fans have the worst memory, and they say Britney is forgetful and contradicts herself

Archived