The thing I HATE about almost every dance heavy Britney performance...

The Greatest Show

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can say this as fans, but the cameramen and others most likely were not Britney fans. They are there for a job. They don't know the choreography we look forward too and what not. They are there to capture not only the performance, but the atmosphere. I would love to just have one camera on her when she is dancing, but that isn't what they're there for.

What I loved about the BBMA 2016 performance was that they shot the Womanizer dance break PERFECTLY.  Dead straight ahead with Britney and all the dancers in shot with no cut aways...and Britney KILLED it that night with that breakdown.  But yeah, I agree with you...a lot of the editing they do is terrible.

• 7 months later...
On 8/19/2016 at 10:25 PM, Spearsfan said:

That is my problem with WB. They wanted way too much to be in the video. That cube and white dress is in it for five seconds and it probably costed thousands. I don't get it...why waste money. 

Yeah but remember that this scene was daring and that Britters herself cut half of the video because "she's a mom now"

On 1/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Ryan Godspeed said:

those angles are still ok.

this is for me the worst camera angles to capture her performance skill. they didn't know when she gonna dance or not. it's just messed up

https://youtu.be/OuZjCighDAk

Funny thing is, it looks like they were prepared because they switched on key words (hey hey hey) and beats of the song. But haven't watched any performance of that song before I guess.

On 8/19/2016 at 1:39 PM, StepIntotheClub said:

my dad works for nickelodeon Lat.Am and he says this happens with all the directors who work on the KCAs 

that they have a show-off syndrome and need to show as many camera angles as possible because of some cinematographer complex 

it drives him insane :haha:

Seems legit

I think the one that angers me the most is the Circus video. Womanizer had laughable choreo so I was glad they cut a lot of it. The Circus video however had amazing choreo (that we could see from rehearsal videos and random shots). It was their chance to show danceney was back and they decided to show magic stilt men that just randomly appear and glamorous elephant shots!

Uhhh I so agree! The worst one ever in my opinion (there are a lot of bad ones) is the Rosie O'Donell show Slave performance. Britney gave her all, my favourite Slave performance of all time, but everytime I watch it, I became upset, because while she's doing her most iconic dancebreak, the dear cameraman chooses to focus on a tiny ugly lamp several times! On the back up dancers, they are great, but I wanna see Primeney! On the drummer guy, for god's sake!! No:icant:

Same with 2001 VMA. I barely seen anything from the choreo. The GP do not even know what they missed, but it speaks volumes that even without the proper showing of the incredible dance break, it is still so iconic. Just because of the booty shaking and the snake, that's all we can really see for real, but Britney's fierceness was insane and made it perfect.

Archived