IT IS A SCANDAL...

Alleyesonus_

Everyone bitching about Beyoncé buying her VMAs... have you seen the VMA's 2008? Because it case you don't remember, Britney (her team) bought all of those for POM.

And everyone who thinks POM deserved them can log out and go out from under the rock they live in.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

I cant at Thiefoncé stans on this forum :hype: The embarassment when they defend their faves for deserving those nominations/awards.:hype: She steals writing credits what doesnt stop her from buying awards :hype:

She only lost to Beyonce once before she won. And Beyonce lost to Taylor before which doesnt make since either. It's the VMAs, they dont always get it right

In 1998/1999, no one anticipated that ...Baby One More Time would have such an impact. Critics that time were mostly mixed about the new teenage pop star, and let's face it - people in their 30s and 40s that time (who are probably choosing the winners of the VMAs) would rather give it to someone else. We can only judge it in retrospect.

2001 - Britney was obviously robbed. Stronger should at least be nominated for something. Even Lucky deserved it over "Love Don't Cost A Thing" but well...

In 2002, most of the impressions about "Slave 4 U" was that it was a generic dance track, and people were more concerned about Britney's sexiness than judging the merits of the video. Pink won with "Get The Party Started" but it should have gone to Shakira's "Whenever Wherever."

2003 - Britney's Boys Remix should at least have been nominated, but it was relegated to a weird "Best Video from a Film" category.

2004 - Britney was once again, robbed for Toxic. Either Toxic or Me Against The Music should have secured at least, a Best Female Video nod but it went to Beyonce's forgettable Naughty Girl. Incidentally, Britney was the only female artist nominated for Video Of The Year - and she lost to Hey 'Ya.

2008 - This is an unpopular opinion but given the competition, I think Britney deserved to win all three categories. The competition was obviously weak, so even if there are some rumors that the nominations were rigged to favor Britney, I think she deserved to win. Also, I think MTV is trying to make up for the fact that they have completely shut out Britney in her first decade in the industry.

2009 - It's really weird year. Britney beat Beyonce for Best Pop Video, but Beyonce beat Britney for Video of the Year. 

2011 - We all know the nominations were rigged. MTV clearly set up Katy Perry to win Video of the Year so they weakened the competition in the category. I do think Hold It Against Me should have been nominated over Till The World Ends for Best Pop Video - specifically the HIAM Director's Cut but at least Britney won. 

2014 - Britney should have at least been nominated for Work *****. 

2015 - Side comment - Why did Taylor Swift win with Bad Blood while Britney lost with Toxic? Britney single-handedly carried the entire Toxic video whereas Taylor needed the star power to make the video half-appealing but let's face it - Toxic's impact is all over the Bad Blood video. 

So to summarize - Britney should have won Video of the Year three times - Baby One More Time, Toxic, and well, Piece of Me. Unfortunately, she just has one, and I'm not sure she'll have another in the future.

1 hour ago, AaliyahNation1979 said:

It was hard back in 2000 when try again was competing with oops. Omg :NYschool:

Im glad try again won tho. 

I like Try Again as a song but the video is kind of tragic. I like We Need a Resolution both as a song and video though. 

:)

Spoiler

Umm wait a minute... So you're really umm... not that young???

At first I thought you were born in 1979 but then I thought it was perhaps Aaliyah's birth year and I was right. I looked it up on wiki.

But this comment has given me doubts again... 2000 VMA huh :huh:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Oliver T said:

Britney won them. Some of them paid for 'em.

That's the difference ;) 

No but seriously, I do believe that the success of the song of the MV does count a lot in terms of who gets the VMA most of the time. Cuz some crappy Beyonce videos won that. 

Edit : no shade. Beyonce has some flawless vids, and some bad. Like Brit has iconic vids and Make Me 2.0 vids ;) 

Fixed :queenflopga:

1 hour ago, button said:

I like Try Again as a song but the video is kind of tragic. I like We Need a Resolution both as a song and video though. 

:)

Hide contents

Umm wait a minute... So you're really umm... not that young???

At first I thought you were born in 1979 but then I thought it was perhaps Aaliyah's birth year and I was right. I looked it up on wiki.

But this comment has given me doubts again... 2000 VMA huh :huh:

Heaux did you just call me old. Goodbye :xcuseme:

Now im kidding lmao. I was born in 1989. And I was more into Aaliyah than Britney at the time.

Archived