Was Prime Britney intention was to shock people in anything she did?

KatLove

It had nothing to do with Britney being "shocking". There was a lot of pressure back then on her to keep things clean for her primary demographic which were little girls/young children. She was held to a double standard and received extremely ****** scrutiny when it came to how she dressed. When you think about what she wore in her prime,it was just pants and a crop top that showed her belly. You'd be laughed at today if you called that scandalous or shocking but back then it was considered a lot. It's a symptom of the time in which she came up ,when America's conservative/puritanical views on *** were much stricter/less open. It's actually kind of interesting and i hope to write a paper about it.

Britney never intended to be "shocking". People just perceived her to be because she showed her belly and danced. She just did her thing. Britney has never had to "try" to get attention.:sipney:

The reason why even had a breakdown in the first place is because people would not leave her alone while she WASN'T EVEN WORKING. When will your faves?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OutrageousSin said:

:moorangu: Lmao true!!!!! Forget about the dolls, even kids nowadays are not as innocent as us, well...most of us! 

That is true !!! I guess each generation says that they had the best one but I really think we had it better (at least in pop culture). This new gen will never experience the type of hype & awe that 98-08 offered. Everything is so digital now, everything has been done, there is not a lot of mystery. 

Speaking of "the dolls" I also don't think there is going to be another big explosion like Britney again for a long time! Yes there are big ones that are doing great but I'm talking full on DOMINATION!! 

2 minutes ago, RoyalStan85 said:

That is true !!! I guess each generation says that they had the best one but I really think we had it better (at least in pop culture). This new gen will never experience the type of hype & awe that 98-08 offered. Everything is so digital now, everything has been done, there is not a lot of mystery. 

Speaking of "the dolls" I also don't think there is going to be another big explosion like Britney again for a long time! Yes there are big ones that are doing great but I'm talking full on DOMINATION!! 

Hell no lol no one will come close, they can be so famous, on top of all the social medias or whatever but Britney was so un-reachable! At some point for me she was only something i see in a magazines and on TV!! Idk everything was so "worthy" now you can reach the stars so easily and with the social media you see all their crap to the point you lose the interest in them! 

4 hours ago, RoyalStan85 said:

No, in fact I think what makes Britney so iconic was that she didn't seem to do things with the "intention" of pure shock.. A lot of her greatest moments came naturally. 

This.

Also the thing that captivated people (whether they liked her music or not) was the duality of her being someone who was so fiercely, **** onstage & sensually promiscuous in her music yet completely innocent (almost naive) offstage.

It was like the person who was capable of giving us the slave for you music video was also the person who (after the video) appeared to be genuinely & utterly oblivious to her a ****** appeal & role as a *** symbol in the industry. It was baffling to the GP & they soaked it up.

That and also the fact that she was a ******* beast of a dancer.

Later on sometimes, but mainly she just seemed naive. Like, i will take this cool suit off and have this beautiful sparkly thing under it! And others are seeing it as shocking and ****. 

Its like when i wear shorts because its hot and men stare at my *** and accuse me for wanting to have attention but i just was hot and i like the shorts.

Yea. The thing that always attracted me to Brit....even since I heard BOMT on the radio the first time and freaked out....was that nothing ever appeared as though she was trying to hard (cough) Beyonka (cough). :beysip:

Even when she was intentially being **** or over the top there was always a "I'm just having fun and not taking myself so seriously" quality to it. This is what the newbies lack. For Brit it's all soooo natural and unforced with a bit of humor. :BBMAney:

Archived