The GP Is Loving It!!!

Risebondagebarbiee

My sister and some of my friends are not Britney fans at all but they all loved I Wanna Go whereas I hated it.

With the songs she has released off of glory so far, they hate Make Me but love love Clumsy. 

I find it so weird that there is this strong disconnect between what fans love vs what the GP who are not fans.

I've been hearing nothing but rave reviews about Clumsy from non fans. And then they say Make Me is boring. Why do you think that is? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GP favors simplicity over actual art 9 times outta 10. Make Me is such a well produced and beautifully worded song, but all the GP cares about is mindless garbage.

Not shading our girl Clumsy cuz I love her, but you would think the GP would like Make Me more:drinky:

People I know who aren't exactly big fans of her love Make Me though:cigney:

2 minutes ago, dasho said:

because they can dance to clumsy? what are they going to do with Make Me? snooze? :D

But can you dance to Good For You or What Do you Mean or Close or Hands To Myself which were all huge hits.

I don't necessarily think it's because it's mid-tempo as there have been many successful mid-tempo songs in the past. 

1 minute ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Could it be an age thing? How old are the "general public" folks that you're asking?

I'm not a fan of Dr. Luke's stuff, but then again I'm 39. I was raised on organic sounding pop like Madonna and Janet. If you listen to it, it's much closer to the feel of Make Me than Clumsy or Dr. Luke's stuff is. :madance:

Well my friends are aged 28 to 30 and my sister and her friends are aged 23 to 25.

Just now, Risebondagebarbiee said:

Well my friends are aged 28 to 30 and my sister and her friends are aged 23 to 25.

So there's almost a full decade difference between me and your friends, and at least 15 years difference between me and your sister. That's a lot.

I'd much rather listen to MM than Clumsy...not that Clumsy is a bad song (it's not at all) but MM feels like the first "real" music I've heard out of Britney in a long time. But that's "real" to my 80's/90's ears. I'm sure it would be much different to younger people.

Archived