I dont think shes doing the VMAs and here's why

Nando.

19 minutes ago, getnaked281 said:

SHE NEEDS TO PERFORM ONE MORE TIME AND REDEEM  HERSELF.

I'm sorry but I couldn't sit here and scroll past that comment.

You are what is wrong with the fan base! Redeem herself? What on Earth. What on earth! WHAT. ON. EARTH. I am struggling to not swear right now.

Please think about what you're saying here.

Britney has worked her absolute *** off her entire life and continues to do so to this day despite the fact this very job and the pressure that came with it lost her her children, her family and nearly her life. I don't need to remind you.

This isn't a pity post. Britney isn't your trophy. The fact people paraded her around in the first place is bad enough. And to expect her to dance to your tune in 2016 and say she needs to 'redeem herself' is sickening.

What exactly does she need redemption from? What awful thing did she do? 

Its becuase of posts like this I hope Britney never does the VMAs ever again. 

Rant done.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were smart, they would have her perform there and anywhere that would have her because it brings in the younger audience--also, it's a win/win because Britney draws in the ratings.  The problem they have is that they aren't focusing enough on the "non-fans" and focusing too much on, "Well, we know she'll sell X amount regardless, just because of her core fanbase."

They only need to sell like 200k of an album to turn a profit on an album, and considering the amount she's bringing in from Vegas, her album could tank and she's still a cash cow.  Her perfume sales, her residual checks, etc.

She doesn't "need" the album to sell a massive amount, because that's not where the money is made.

Also, her doing the iHeartRadio performance is a huge step up in the right direction.

If you ask me--the VMA's would be a good idea. But she can't do this recycled Piece Of Me performance she did at the BBMA's.  Yes, she looked amazing.  But afterward, I literally just said "...so the only new thing she did was the choreo for toxic?"

She needs to put on a special, one-time-only performance for the VMAs.

4 minutes ago, Archaeologist said:

This.

Cancelling shows means losing $100k's of dollars. A radio Q&A will not make up for that.

100K? 

For just 1 show she makes almost $500K. Is almost $1.000.000. I don't think her team lost that money just for some interview. Plus in fact if she want the interviews (GMA/Today) she can make on Vegas. So I don't know if the VMAs are coming, but something big that weekend will happen for lose 1 million dollars 

1 minute ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

100K? 

For just 1 show she makes almost $500K. Is almost $1.000.000. I don't think her team lost that money just for some interview. Plus in fact if she want the interviews (GMA/Today) she can make on Vegas. So I don't know if the VMAs are coming, but something big that weekend will happen for lose 1 million dollars 

8 minutes ago, Archaeologist said:

This.

Cancelling shows means losing $100k's of dollars. A radio Q&A will not make up for that.

:drinky:

I'm sorry maybe I used the incorrect term REDEEM, I mean, I just want her to show the world that Britney Spears can give an amazing EPIC performance once again at the VMAs. She is the queen of VMAS

1 hour ago, troubleforyou said:

I'm sorry but I couldn't sit here and scroll past that comment.

You are what is wrong with the fan base! Redeem herself? What on Earth. What on earth! WHAT. ON. EARTH. I am struggling to not swear right now.

Please think about what you're saying here.

Britney has worked her absolute *** off her entire life and continues to do so to this day despite the fact this very job and the pressure that came with it lost her her children, her family and nearly her life. I don't need to remind you.

This isn't a pity post. Britney isn't your trophy. The fact people paraded her around in the first place is bad enough. And to expect her to dance to your tune in 2016 and say she needs to 'redeem herself' is sickening.

What exactly does she need redemption from? What awful thing did she do? 

Its becuase of posts like this I hope Britney never does the VMAs ever again. 

Rant done.

Oh my god get with it. The reason they chose that weekend to release glory was the vmas. You cannot convince me otherwise. They want that #1 and realize performing at the vmas the week ur album debuts is the only way for her now. 

Cancelling het 2 shows was just icing on the cake. She makes like 2 million off of 2 shows alone u think she's gonna cancel for jimmy kimmel to help her sell 2k extra copies? :sickofu:

4 hours ago, Nando. said:

Britney's team have been building her reputation up again by avoiding placing her at the same status as todays acts. What I mean by that? May you ask. Putting her on a show in Vegas was the first step, shes not on tour and then became an exclusive act. For three or four years already she's been doing the Billboard Music Awards every year. Fans dont notice this but she was there with Rihanna and Nicki, she was there with Pretty Girls, she was there with the medley. They are once again avoiding putting her on the same spot as her peers by choosing Billboard Awards over the VMA's, its the only award show with real prestige since she's not a real bet for the Grammys and since the VMA opened votes to the public and lost respect. I dont think they are putting all they have built over the last few years to the side. She'll be there to collect awards when she gets one or to present something, but she wont perform there. Shes above it and they know it, whether fans want to believe it or not. The VMA's are no longer part of the image they are trying to create for her.

Except for Pink (her peer) was at the BBMAs & Rihanna not her peer but still huge .... FAILED THREAD

Someone mentioned this before but I'm sure the producers of MTV seen the reaction she got from the general public with her performance at the BBMA. So I'm sure they called her team up and offered a lot of money to have her perform there. Why else she would cancel two shows that same weekend. She needs time to fly out there and rehearse on that stage. Im hoping she will perform there cause I feel like a lot of people watch the Vma more than the BBMA, so she needs all the viewers she can get to show people that she's better than what she was a few years back

2 hours ago, anacondamp3 said:

she may not be doing it, but i don't think it's because of the reasons you're saying. she went to the VMA's last year when miley was hosting and presented an award, as well as played along with miley's little skit. britney is KNOWN for being the queen of the VMA's, and i don't think it's below her. beyonce performed at the VMA's the year before last, and beyonce is widely considered a higher up act at this point. if anything, i think they may avoid performing at the VMA's due to the 2007 performance and the controversy that seems to follow brit every time she hits the stage of the VMA's, which for some reason they seem to hate, but fans like myself absolutely love. i wish they would stop being so strict with her public image since the whole 2007 chaos, but it's whatever at this point 

I think it's highly possible considering she did the BBMAs (Got RAVE reviews), she's doing the radio festival and she seems to have her confidence back and doesn't seem to mind performing at award shows with her peers anymore ... Doing Circus/FF/BJ Brit damn sure wasn't opening the show with an 8m performance.

However she's in a new place and it's that same person anymore!  Plus she canceled 2 shows that's wknd, her album drops that wknd and she's dead going to be performing some where that wknd and I think it's the VMAs .... I don't see her canceling 2 shows just to show up and walk red carpet or just to present .... We all know it's a reason Brit canceled those 2 shows 

30 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

Oh my god get with it. The reason they chose that weekend to release glory was the vmas. You cannot convince me otherwise. They want that #1 and realize performing at the vmas the week ur album debuts is the only way for her now. 

Cancelling het 2 shows was just icing on the cake. She makes like 2 million off of 2 shows alone u think she's gonna cancel for jimmy kimmel to help her sell 2k extra copies? :sickofu:

You give me hope because it does logical, but with Team Britney you never know

30 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

You give me hope because it does logical, but with Team Britney you never know

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

1) VMAs tried to have her performing, you saw the rumors, the same happened with the BBMAs :howiroll:

2) 2 freakin shows cancelled :howiroll:

3) The album is out 2 days before, the release was planned for the VMAs :howiroll:

And she moved on from the 2007 mess  :howiroll: She faced her past and Sam Lutfi, of course she can do the VMAs too :howiroll:

Archived