Article: "LeAnn Rimes understands Britney Spears' public meltdown"

Zulu Spears

So, LeAnn Rimes briefly mentions Britney's 2007 breakdown and how she can relate to it. Here's a quote from the article:-

"I look at her and think it's really amazing what she's overcome," she added. "It's nice to see someone come out the other side and be successful again."

Interestingly, Rimes also posted a tbt on instagram of herself and Britney back in June:- https://www.instagram.com/p/BGcZz4AHV96/

Wonder what's up with all the Britney mentions lately? In any case, I guess it's always great to read about how people (such as Rimes) look up to Britney as an example of triumphing over personal struggles.

Artcile: http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/213653/LeAnn-Rimes-understands-Britney-Spears-public-meltdown

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how its almost been a decade since and media still brings it up. Yes im proud of the woman she has become since and her story is inspiring but who would really want something like that brought up to them? Britney Spears is the undisputed Princess of Pop, the ringleader, the femme fatale, she is a mom, she is youre friend, she is Britney Jean. Lets move on.

1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

I hate how its almost been a decade since and media still brings it up. Yes im proud of the woman she has become since and her story is inspiring but who would really want something like that brought up to them? Britney Spears is the undisputed Princess of Pop, the ringleader, the femme fatale, she is a mom, she is youre friend, she is Britney Jean. Lets move on.

It's a part of her story whether you like it or not.

2 hours ago, Brichney. said:

Okay this is inspiring and sweet but can they move on from the breakdown? Thank you.

:xcuseme:

ikr. It freaking irritates me too especially when people constantly bring up the images from that time.

However it's probably never going to go away because so many people are inspired by her and that's alright.

It's when people bring it up 9 years later to poke fun at her or to discredit her (ala Wendy Williams) that I get pissed.

It must suck being a woman in the modern day industry. Britney has a breakdown from being over worked, extremely depressed and over controlled so much so that when she forced herself to be free, she had albums scrapped, got married to deal with loneliness, and couldn't even go out and party without being followed. 

Meanwhile, Johnny Depp is accused of being abuse a month ago, Chris Brown is regularly abusive and Charlie Sheen is praised for HIV work, but have all got far less attention on their negatives combined than Britney.

10 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It must suck being a woman in the modern day industry. Britney has a breakdown from being over worked, extremely depressed and over controlled so much so that when she forced herself to be free, she had albums scrapped, got married to deal with loneliness, and couldn't even go out and party without being followed. 

Meanwhile, Johnny Depp is accused of being abuse a month ago, Chris Brown is regularly abusive and Charlie Sheen is praised for HIV work, but have all got far less attention on their negatives combined than Britney.

Basically. They're just angry britney won't share her personal stories about the breakdown with them so they can further exploit her for money. She worked past it and she's happy. 

2 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Tbh, i don't mind people mentioning it as a positive thing (e.g. Britney has come so far and she's turned her life around, i am so proud of her etc.) especially with what LeAnn said. But if people bring it up to joke about it or say something negative about it, then that's not cool.

2 hours ago, Born2Die said:

You forgot that she is funny :gtfo:

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Charlie Sheen was quite heavily ridiculed during his breakdown though.

I think it's sad that people seem to think mental illness is funny when it's happening to Britney, Amanda Bynes, Charlie Sheen etc... :crying1:

4 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

Oh baby baby have u seen my vaseline tonight
Is it in the bathroom, have we used it all up (Oh!)
Oh baby, baby, did ur douche ur *** tonight
For the ploughin that awaits you, I'm going in dry! (Oh!)

:tiffanynod:

So, lick it now, lick it good
Lick this pu$$y just like you should
Right now, lick it good
Lick this poor pu$$y just like you should

Archived