Make Me is slowly but surely rising on US iTunes + Glory: what you need to know about TEA & SEA!

andreafly1

Currently into iTunes US Top 30, it's stable and that's what really matters!

So, as some of guys know, Billboard now counts not only album pure sales, TEA & SEA are beign counted aswell! But...what are we talking about? Drinking something (TEA) while having fun at the beach (SEA)? The answer is NO! :moorangu:

TEA means "Track Equivalent Album". It's simple: 10 song sales are counted as 1 album sale! 

SEA means "Streaming Equivalent Album": 1.500 song streams are counted as 1 album sale aswell! 

So we better prepare our Spotify/Apple stream's accounts during the release week & our iTunes gift's cards aswell...are you guys ready? :bop:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Andrea Beez said:

It just entered into the Top 30, at the moment. It's stable and that's what really matters!

So, as some of guys know, Billboard now counts not only album pure sales, TEA & SEA are beign counted aswell! But...what are we talking about? Drinking something (TEA) while having fun at the beach (SEA)? The answer is NO! :moorangu:

TEA means "Track Equivalent Album". It's simple: 10 sales of each album track will be counted as 1 album sale! 

SEA means "Stream Equivalent Album": 1.500 streams of each album track will be counted as 1 album sale! 

So we better prepare our Spotify/Apple stream's accounts during the release week & our iTunes gift's cards aswell...are you guys ready? :bop:

You description makes it sound like the 10 tracks have to be the same song, but in fact if she sells 5 copies of Make Me+2 copies of Private Show+3 copies of Clumsy, it will count as one album sale. It's the total that matters.

There is a difference, do you get what I mean? :ahhh:

Same for SEA. 

1 minute ago, button said:

You description makes it sound like the 10 tracks have to be the same song, but in fact if she sells 5 copies of Make Me+2 copies of Private Show+3 copies of Clumsy, it will count as one album sale.

There is difference, do you get what I mean? :ahhh:

My point was (talking about Glory) if every track from the deluxe edition sells 10 copies, those sales will be counted as 17 total album sales!

5 minutes ago, Andrea Beez said:

My point was (talking about Glory) if every track from the deluxe edition sells 10 copies, those sales will be counted as 17 total album sales!

Yes, you're right, the TEA=17, but if:

Make Me=17 copies

Private Show=12 copies

Clumsy=11 copies

TEA=4

But by following what you wrote, I come to the conluction that TEA=3 because you said 10 copies of EACH track. You can infact sum the 7 Make Mes, 2 Private Shows and 1 Clumsy to get 1 TEA.

You simply have to add up everything and divide by 10.

Was I clear? :bwink:

if we all stream the shortest album tracks the most and don't stream the longer tracks - will that speed up sales in week 1? 

I don't know if that makes sense...

Um... Track 1 = 4 mins

Track 2 = 3 mins

Track 3 = 5 mins

Would it be better to stream only a playlist of Track 2, Track 2, Track 1, Track 2, Track 2, Track 1... etc etc? Because if we only streamed Track 2 it doesn't count? But if we use a playlist of the 2 shortest tracks - the playlist will get through the tracks faster than if we had a playlist including the longest tracks on the album.

2 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

My super reliable insider told be that about 150.000 copies of glory has been pre ordered. :madonna:

Maybe if this was 2003 :gimmemoar:

Just now, PlayingItSafe said:

So why release Clumsy and Private Show or was it just in order to get people to pre-order Glory? 

Yeah, it was probably just to gather attention and encourage people to pre-order the album, which is actually working because a lot of people have decided to get it now that they know that the quality of the songs is good!

10 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

if we all stream the shortest album tracks the most and don't stream the longer tracks - will that speed up sales in week 1? 

I don't know if that makes sense...

Um... Track 1 = 4 mins

Track 2 = 3 mins

Track 3 = 5 mins

Would it be better to stream only a playlist of Track 2, Track 2, Track 1, Track 2, Track 2, Track 1... etc etc? Because if we only streamed Track 2 it doesn't count? But if we use a playlist of the 2 shortest tracks - the playlist will get through the tracks faster than if we had a playlist including the longest tracks on the album.

Maybe if this was 2003 :gimmemoar:

Very smart idea. We should focus on streaming the shortest track on the album for better results. :mhm:

24h=1440 min. Obviously you will get more streams from playing a 2 minutes song than a 3 minutes one. 

Thumbs up.

Archived