I pulled a Britney tonight

Iexpectyouto

So in the last year I started doing plays at my community theatre (cringeworthy, I know. But it's fun and gets me out the house so whatever). Tonight was our awards night, and I won best actor for one play I was in and best supporting for another (more on that later). 

So when I got up there I'm not used to winning anything so I just took the award and without thinking to shake anybody's hands or thank anybody I just walked off. Then after I performed I walked out to change but it looked like I was leaving the show and I just thought "I'm like Britney. Yay"

Btw, I won best actor in a play I WAS NOT the lead in. The lead was my rival so me getting instead of him was shady asf because he's been there for years and this is my first. Also he was another supporting actor in the one I won for. First year and I got two awards, his 8th or something and he got NOTHING. :bwink:

Y'all don't understand how big a deal this is he's like the Christina to my britney except he's not as talented. He's also a Avril Stan 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

So in the last year I started doing plays at my community theatre (cringeworthy, I know. But it's fun and gets me out the house so whatever). Tonight was our awards night, and I won best actor for one play I was in and best supporting for another (more on that later). 

So when I got up there I'm not used to winning anything so I just took the award and without thinking to shake anybody's hands or thank anybody I just walked off. Then after I performed I walked out to change but it looked like I was leaving the show and I just thought "I'm like Britney. Yay"

Btw, I won best actor in a play I WAS NOT the lead in. The lead was my rival so me getting instead of him was shady asf because he's been there for years and this is my first. Also he was another supporting actor in the one I won for. First year and I got two awards, his 8th or something and he got NOTHING. :bwink:

Y'all don't understand how big a deal this is he's like the Christina to my britney except he's not as talented. He's also a Avril Stan 

I don't think there's anything cringeworthy about that. Don't belittle your beginning, keep aiming higher and you'll get there. :bigkiss:

Btw, congratulations on that award! See? People see you have the talent and you weren't even the lead. 

14 minutes ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

I don't think there's anything cringeworthy about that. Don't belittle your beginning, keep aiming higher and you'll get there. :bigkiss:

Btw, congratulations on that award! See? People see you have the talent and you weren't even the lead. 

Aw thanks. You're sweet. :blurp:

which is very rare on this forum tbh 

4 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

Aww this was a cute story. Keep slaying those performances.:madance:

Not thanking anyone and avoiding shaking hands can be perceived as rude so avoid doing that again....

Thanks. I know I felt really bad I was like "everyone's gonna think I'm some stuck up jerk" especially since they asked me (and the rival) to perform our song from the one I got best supporting in and that character is a prince and really arrogant and over the top so I really hope they didnt think that I'm actually like that 

• 3 months later...
On 14/08/2016 at 7:00 AM, Iexpectyouto said:

So when I got up there I'm not used to winning anything so I just took the award and without thinking to shake anybody's hands or thank anybody I just walked off. 

What Christina did with that 'Best New Artist' Grammy in 2000 which Britney lost to, still so pressed about that. Only if people could see into the ******** future:ponderney::ponderney:

7 minutes ago, JustLoveBritney said:

What Christina did with that 'Best New Artist' Grammy in 2000 which Britney lost to, still so pressed about that. Only if people could see into the ******** future:ponderney::ponderney:

The Granny's are old fashioned. They always go for the more traditional, old school artist over newer ones that might have as much if not more musical impact. But in their defense Christina's first era did amazingly on the charts even tho Brit sold more. Plus, Britney was being compared to Debbie Gibson and Tiffany at the time whereas Christi was called the next Mariah, so you can kinda see the logic there

Archived