Glory won't sell less than 80k first week

Perfect Britney

Just now, -ididitagain- said:

it's not 2009 anymore. sales are dropping drastically across the board with each passing year and britney isn't one of the biggest girls out there anymore. :truthtea: you're in for a rude awakening if you really expect her to outperform britney jean's numbers by leaps and bounds.

Let's say we compare Britney with her "friends" the oldschool divas like Fergie and Gwen. If Gwen's album had 78k and you think that Britney won't have above 100k pure sales you should wake up from your delusional dream right now :thetea: We know it's not 2009 and not a single person on here think that she'll sell above 500k :MJ: If Britney Jean could sell 120k pure sales with zero promotion and shitty music, with an actual promo plan for first week (which includes at least VMA as a live performance)  Glory will sell above 150k . Pure sales. :thetea: It can be #1-#2 on BB.

And if promo is not happening or there won't be a live performance it will still reach 100k not 70-80.  That means #3-#4 on BB.

"Not the biggest girl" stands for her not promoting her own material since 2009 properly. Her team already ****** up with destroying the power of a music video but it can be fixed.  :MJ:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Godlory said:

Its 2016 ok.  Thiefonce's pure sales?  20k? :lessons:

that would be funny if bey didn't move nearly 500k in pure sales just a few months ago. still pressed about it? :lanacackle:

23 minutes ago, BenDBitch said:

Let's say we compare Britney with her "friends" the oldschool divas like Fergie and Gwen. If Gwen's album had 78k and you think that Britney won't have above 100k pure sales you should wake up from your delusional dream right now :thetea: We know it's not 2009 and not a single person on here think that she'll sell above 500k :MJ: If Britney Jean could sell 120k pure sales with zero promotion and shitty music, with an actual promo plan for first week (which includes at least VMA as a live performance)  Glory will sell above 150k . Pure sales. :thetea: It can be #1-#2 on BB.

And if promo is not happening or there won't be a live performance it will still reach 100k not 70-80.  That means #3-#4 on BB.

"Not the biggest girl" stands for her not promoting her own material since 2009 properly. Her team already ****** up with destroying the power of a music video but it can be fixed.  :MJ:

there's no way glory is reaching 150k first week. :lanacackle: do you realize how few people are doing that these days? myah jean didn't do 120k, it did 107k and sales are even lower now. not to mention december is a better month for sales than august is because of the holidays. make me isn't a smash hit. it doesn't matter if it's a great song or not, it's not selling like hotcakes. 96,000 people bought make me first week, what makes you think more are going to buy a $12.99 album in today's market? because of carpool karaoke? lmao.

if she's really performing at the VMA's maybe that number can go up a little bit but as of now i am certainly standing by my prediction. i'm not sure why you're acting like it's impossible for britney to sell the same amount of copies that gwen did. gwen is a respected musician who has had a lot of success in the industry. sure britney is more successful than gwen overall but gwen promoted everywhere and gained a lot of relevancy back by doing the voice. britney's past her peak and isn't going to put herself out there as much as gwen did. they could absolutely sell similar amounts. we'll just have to wait and see and agree to disagree for now.

2 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

that would be funny if bey didn't move nearly 500k in pure sales just a few months ago. still pressed about it? :lanacackle:

there's no way glory is reaching 150k first week. :lanacackle: do you realize how few people are doing that these days? myah jean didn't do 120k, it did 107k and sales are even lower now. not to mention december is a better month for sales than august is because of the holidays. make me isn't a smash hit. it doesn't matter if it's a great song or not, it's not selling like hotcakes. 96,000 people bought make me first week, what makes you think more are going to buy a $12.99 album in today's market? because of carpool karaoke? lmao.

if she's really performing at the VMA's maybe that number can go up a little bit but as of now i am certainly standing by my prediction. i'm not sure why you're acting like it's impossible for britney to sell the same amount of copies that gwen did. gwen is a respected musician who has had a lot of success in the industry. sure britney is more successful than gwen overall but gwen promoted everywhere and gained a lot of relevancy back by doing the voice. britney's past her peak and isn't going to put herself out there as much as gwen did. they could absolutely sell similar amounts. we'll just have to wait and see and agree to disagree for now.

Just to make it clear the point of promotion is to make people hear your new stuff. 96k bought Make Me because a lot of people don't even know about the existance of her new stuff or about her new album coming in 2 weeks. "Go up a little" if she performs at the VMA ? It means at least 50% growing in sales.  And yes the karaoke is a great way of spreading the word about Glory and about Make Me.:sickofu: That 96k is like the core fanbase who buy everything she releases.  :MJ:  "Sales are lower now "you say but other artists can sell 500k. You just proved my point. If the music is quality and gets promoted selling above 150k is not a thing to worry about for Britney.  :MJ: The fact that BJ sold more than Demi's last album and Gwen's just again proves how Britney could sell more with the same amount of promotion. If it sells less it will be because of her not putting herself out there as you said. Not because people don't buy music anymore. :cigney:

20 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

Lmao.  :rihcackle:

@-ididitagain- is 100% right and you delusional morons who think otherwise are in for a rough surprise when the album drops. you guys inflate britney's relevance like ******* crazy and in the process u get everyone's hopes up because they dont know any better, and then this place turns into the negative shitfest it is because everyone is disappointed. 150k would be a miracle number, its honestly NOT gonna happen even with promotion. she will do somewhere between gwen's numbers and BJ numbers. bookmark this thread and watch.

I'll be surprised if she hits 100k first week. Only because her team ****** up with the Make Me video. The new video killed the hype and everybody that I showed the video to said it's boring and it killed the hype for her new album. I hope they have great promo planned the week of release or surprise us all by releasing the new video. 

45 minutes ago, David Rose said:

@-ididitagain- is 100% right and you delusional morons who think otherwise are in for a rough surprise when the album drops. you guys inflate britney's relevance like ******* crazy and in the process u get everyone's hopes up because they dont know any better, and then this place turns into the negative shitfest it is because everyone is disappointed. 150k would be a miracle number, its honestly NOT gonna happen even with promotion. she will do somewhere between gwen's numbers and BJ numbers. bookmark this thread and watch.

I agree and it's not to be shady but Britney is not as relevant to the GP like she is to US her fans. And then with the tragic Make Me video and releasing Clumsy as a buzz single doesn't help at all. 

1 hour ago, -ididitagain- said:

This, but these delusional fans are so far up her *** they don't see it. :dontlike:

not these people actually expecting +200k :drown:

aw you poor souls 

Dangerous Woman debuted with 120k with all the buzz and prmotion

face it , there are only 3 artists that can sell huge albums , Beyonce , Taylor and Adele 

there is only ONE way that Britney can debut with +200k 

and that's a really killer controversial VMA performance , which i don't think is gonna happen 

and by controversial i don't mean good dance moves , i mean VMA 2000 controversial :truthtea:

10 minutes ago, Kuzco said:

not these people actually expecting +200k :drown:

aw you poor souls 

Dangerous Woman debuted with 120k with all the buzz and prmotion

face it , there are only 3 artists that can sell huge albums , Beyonce , Taylor and Adele 

there is only ONE way that Britney can debut with +200k 

and that's a really killer controversial VMA performance , which i don't think is gonna happen 

and by controversial i don't mean good dance moves , i mean VMA 2000 controversial :truthtea:

2001 >

For me :thetea:

16 minutes ago, Kuzco said:

well 2001 performance was definitely better but the controversy that 2000 one made was unbelievably HUGE

Reveal hidden contents

like 10x Miley's VMA performance :thetea:

It was uncontroversial 2001 performance?   :MJ:

Archived