Anyone else LOVING the Glory Era?

missmonroe

Maybe it's just me (wouldn't be the first time) lol but the music is epic and she is the happiest I have seen her in ages.  To me she didn't have the quite the same spark during FF or BJ even though there are still things I do enjoy from each of Britney's eras.  The drama over the album cover and the MV is unimportant to me.  She obviously intended to use DL's original video or she would never have posted behind the scenes footage.  Things changed.  The changes weren't anticipated.  She's referenced MM as a song about "female empowerment" and personally I think it is cute that the video is a little reminiscent of Crossroads.   There's a lot of Britney's sexiness and playful goofiness in the video. and it's just a fun summer song.  I don't feel a mommy vibe from it at all, but I do think it is intend to be more feminine.  The song is that way musically at least to me it is.  And yes, I bought the video single.  She's gorgeous in it.

Clumsy is more edgy and just freaking epic. This will be all over the clubs.  Will be on repeat today.  I love the different things she's doing with her voice.  This album feels very ITZish not necessarily the style of the music, but the energy behind it. Love the music, Love her.  Cheers Britney!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree she seems a little more "into it" this era, but that comes after the all time lows of FFney and BJney, who would rather be ANYWHERE but releasing new music and promoting. 

I'm glad she did Kimmel and it did well on YT. I'm glad the 4 songs we've had have been good imo. MM video was a disaster. I'm excited for possible VMAs, POM returns next week... Carpool should help with sales (I hope!) 

This era has so much potential, but her team can't stop flopping :gimmemoar:

From what we've had so far this era seems very promising. What i did not like is the artwork and the Make Me video mess tbh, such a turn off, but hey, we survived Britney Jean! 

With that being said, I'm still waiting for that song that'll BLOW ME THE **** AWAAAY!

Its the best era in years.... you can tell shes doing an album she wants and finally got to do that urban, artsy fartsy, experiment sound and i LOVE that bc it suits her voice so damn much, and i wanted that kind of album for so long. I take that anyday before edm and a bunch of clubbangers even tho i love them to. 

She looks amazing, she acts like herself, shes performed on BBMA, maybe the vmas, shes gonna do iheartradio, carpool etc... you can tell she is truly happy, at piece in her life and doing something she wants.

And im sooooo damn happy to see that spark in her eyes and just see (and hear) Britney for real again, and i mean all the time, not just glimps here and there... its been a while :crying4::hype:

2 minutes ago, Kisle said:

I'm MORE than happy and excited for this era. Everything is shaping up to be spectacular. I don't give a **** if the album does well on the charts, this music is what I've been waiting for. Creativeney. Vocalney. She's slaying my existence.

I know, right??  It's about the music and Britney for me.  Always has been.  If she's loving it (and it really feels like she is) everyone else is too.  I'm not talking about what people say because I really don't give a rip.  Tons of people love her and her music, they're just not honest about it.  Lots of people are "in the closet" lol

10 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Its the best era in years.... you can tell shes doing an album she wants and finally got to do that urban, artsy fartsy, experiment sound and i LOVE that bc it suits her voice so damn much, and i wanted that kind of album for so long. I take that anyday before edm and a bunch of clubbangers even tho i love them to. 

She looks amazing, she acts like herself, shes performed on BBMA, maybe the vmas, shes gonna do iheartradio, carpool etc... you can tell she is truly happy, at piece in her life and doing something she wants.

And im sooooo damn happy to see that spark in her eyes and just see (and hear) Britney for real again, and i mean all the time, not just glimps here and there... its been a while :crying4::hype:

You took the words out of my mouth!!! Slay!! :hype:

9 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Me too!  Exactly, exactly I'm just so happy right now.

8 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

I know, right??  It's about the music and Britney for me.  Always has been.  If she's loving it (and it really feels like she is) everyone else is too.  I'm not talking about what people say because I really don't give a rip.  Tons of people love her and her music, they're just not honest about it.  Lots of people are "in the closet" lol

;):bigkiss: true that sis!

I really enjoy it, and is somewhat proud of her if that makes any sense. Simply because she seems so present these days, is free-spirited and enjoy what she's doing.  I don't have to try to make it a good era as a fan, it just is all by itself.

Ive been a little bitchy while waiting for stuff to be released, but that's on me.

Love this thread!

5 minutes ago, germanguy20 said:

love this thread! this era is awesome. so much to look forward to! she must really feel more comfortable now being out and about again and I love that! really proud :tiffsniffle:

she deserves this happiness and on top of that every song she puts out I personally have loved this era so far!! :OMGney:

Yes.  Everyone deserves to feel good and happy with the way things are.  Britney just feels more and more true to herself, and I absolutely support that, and am glad for her.

9 minutes ago, blindspots said:

I really enjoy it, and is somewhat proud of her if that makes any sense. Simply because she seems so present these days, is free-spirited and enjoy what she's doing.  I don't have to try to make it a good era as a fan, it just is all by itself.

Ive been a little bitchy while waiting for stuff to be released, but that's on me.

Love this thread!

It totally does make sense to me. (especially since in a way it can feel as though you've gone  through the really low points with her too.  The kind of stuff nobody deserves. 

Archived