VMAs 2016: True or Not?

SlayOut

• Super Mods

Has there been official confirmation or legitimate facts showing that Britney will perform at the 2016 VMAs? :YESPLEASE: Or is it all pure speculation? :tiffanynod:

I know there are a lot of threads about the VMAs, so I understand if this is locked, but I want to know since I can imagine this site crashing from another meltdown over something that was never true/actual in the first place. :tiffsmoke: I'm not saying that I think she shouldn't perform, but I am just curious about the accuracy of these claims.

AKA:

whitney_receipts.gif

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no confirmation but we've got some clues about it. She cancelled two shows just before the VMAs. Honestly, that means something. You can attend the VMAs after towo days at Vegas but you cannot perform at the VMAs, after few stage rehearsals if you are working before !!! I think this is clear she is going to do something special for those VMAs. Those two cancelled shows mean she needs to rehearse, she needs to fly from LA to NY with her team and dancers !! Something will happen. I am sure !!! Plus, the album is released the 26th and the vmas are the 28th so it is the perfect time to create the buzz !

All speculation based on her canceling two shows that weekend and some tumors that she is.  I, for one, find it weird that the only place she has performed since the residency started was Vegas.  The VMA's aren't in Vegas, so I'm not sure why she would break the streak...

24 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

giphy.gif

PREACH THE GOOD NEWS SISTREN 

I just think this GIF needed more posts.

OooooOOOOoooOOOOh I can't stop listening to this song!!!

I was hoping she did Just Luv Me and then fades into Make Me with G Sleazy showin up, but maybe I really want her to do Clumsy and bring this fine choir with her OooooOOOOoooOOOOh:myjam:

Last year it was said she had a POM contracts to not perform outside of vegas.

last week some idiot on here fought me over that...  Billboard awards was in vegas

and iheartradio festival this year is IN VEGAS this year and thats the only performance promo she confirmed so far

vmas are in new york. Obvs shell attend but i dont think shell perform 

2 minutes ago, Dark Doggie said:

Last year it was said she had a POM contracts to not perform outside of vegas.

last week some idiot on here fought me over that...  Billboard awards was in vegas

and iheartradio festival this year is IN VEGAS this year and thats the only performance promo she confirmed so far

vmas are in new york. Obvs shell attend but i dont think shell perform 

I thought she could perform anywhere outside Nevada but negotiations took place when she performed at the bbma....that's why they promoted her show too 

Let's think about this logically:

1. She's not canceling 2 POM shows just to do promo because that's a $800k weekend she's throwing away. If she wanted to do promo that weekend, she would pre-tape interviews on GMA, ET, etc.
  2. If she were just attending the VMAs, she would only need to cancel one show in order to attend.
  3. She has a new album coming out that weekend, and a VMA performance would be the perfect way to ride a wave of publicity from Carpool Karaoke.

Archived