This fanbase is disgusting and I feel so bad for Britney!!

Hamper

4 minutes ago, chris_fives said:

I agree. This got way out of hand...

I was only spammin her with 'where's the original video' posts :truthtea:

But they really should make a statement if they are not going to release the original video to let us know what happened. C'mon, she posted 2 pics from video set, one being with g eazy and now he is not even with her in the video...only on tv screens. They all know about the leaks.. At least give us proper explanation..

I agree tbh. The least Brit can do is post an explanation as to why she wanted to change it. At least fans will realise it was her decision and respect it

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

Beyoncé's lemonade album cover doesn't look so bright that it almost hurts the eye though...

and the cover for her self-titled album was actually her ***, the black and pink one just hid the real cover (for the physical release).

I don't think britney or her team planned for things to turn out this way, something went wrong and they had to do things quickly. The video and the album cover both feel

like a rushed move. At least the music is spetacular.

But it's like that every ******* era.

They've had 2 years to get things right, 2 years!! How the hell can they get it wrong again? It's like they leave everything until the last minute and then panic. I literally could do a better job alone!

I feel like it's a sick joke. By the way, we've heard 2 songs. Make Me is good, Private Show could've been brilliant but they screwed it up with that chipmunk voice, so yeh....

Just now, GiveMeASign96 said:

I agree tbh. The least Brit can do is post an explanation as to why she wanted to change it. At least fans will realise it was her decision and respect it

they're not communicating with fans since 2007... no statments, no explenations, nothing.

that's why we are getting more and more aggressive, desperate and cynical :thetea: 

it's not 1999 anymore, you can't hide everything you do and resign after, the stream of information is big and unstoppable. 

12 minutes ago, Mani911 said:

they're not communicating with fans since 2007... no statments, no explenations, nothing.

that's why we are getting more and more aggressive, desperate and cynical :thetea: 

it's not 1999 anymore, you can't hide everything you do and resign after, the stream of information is big and unstoppable. 

I understand tbh. It would be nice if she wrote something and posted it on twitter/instagram. The video was her artistic decision, it'd be great to see her step up and say "I did this because... hope you all understand and enjoy the music" :britstare:

I feel like sometimes she does hide behind her team and while she doesn't owe us anything, she should at least inform the fans of any changes instead of sweeping things under the rug - just so the meltdowns don't go overboard

On August 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM, MikeSim said:

Why do people keep posting that random picture of her on the beach looking at her phone? I highly doubt she is spending her time at the beach looking at fan reactions lmao. She is probably texting her mom or some ****. Who knows, maybe playing pokemon go. She has said many times that she ignores online comments.

I do think people are being WAY over the top though. They need to chill out.

Stfu when she was getting praise from private slow she was retweeting she cares about fans reactions stfu 

On 08/06/2016 at 6:21 AM, Steel_Magnolia said:

I've been saying this for years now...

As long as she continues to put out music videos that appeal to teenagers, she's going to keep having the problem of a shitty fan base. Yes, it's people in their teens and 20's that have money to burn on things like perfume, but there's also a lack of maturity. She wouldn't get this reaction if she marketed her music to adults the way she used to. :britstare11:

I see your point, but that is never an excuse when it comes to bullying and death threats. There are millions of teens and tweens with their priorites straight who can tell right from wrong.

And..there are millions of people over 30 who behave like a**holes.

4 hours ago, Menzo said:

Yeah put out better videos and we won't tell her to go kill herself :xcuseme:

Well, that's CLEARLY over the line. Nut cases like that are all over the Internet and there's not much anyone can do about that.  :jolieoverit:

My point was, it's about attracting the right kinds of fans. She's in her mid-30's, but marketing her brand to teenagers. Grown adults aren't going to have the same expectations of her as younger people. Fans who are her own age won't have any expectations when it comes to chart positions or promo. They're just lucky she's still alive and putting out music.

2 hours ago, blindspots said:

I see your point, but that is never an excuse when it comes to bullying and death threats. There are millions of teens and tweens with their priorites straight who can tell right from wrong.

And..there are millions of people over 30 who behave like a**holes.

No, that's never okay. But those random nutjobs are being stirred up by the core fanbase, who are all in their teens and 20's and are focused on things like chart positions and promo.

People in their 30's didn't grow up with that - they grew up with watching her videos and performances on MTV and actually having to tune in themselves at a specific time to catch it. And they also grew up WITH her, and lived through 2004 to 2008 with her, so they're just happy she's still alive and performing. :JLostare:

If she started marketing herself to people her own age there would be a lot less pressure on her to constantly deliver. However, people in their 30's and 40's have houses and kids to pay for, and don't have a disposable income to spend on things like perfume and vanilla candles. So I guess it's her and her Team's decisions to keep marketing to the younger generation with their $$ and their higher expectations. And as long as they keep trying to compete in that marketplace, they're going to constantly find themselves in this situation.

i agree with the OP and i will respect her decision or the label decision it doesn't matter, but she is happy i mean i was waiting to see her like this for years... I tought she was going to retire or that something bad was going to happened to her but thank god none of that happened, she could of be just a vegas act, but she wants to give us new music and i respect that, i'm not melting down over a video, i mean it's just a video, there will be more to look forward to this era... I already bought my vinyl edition, my digital pre-order and i will buy the physical edition when i see it in the stores... Why? Because i love her, i love her music and i think this era is all about the music and it has been awesome so far, and YES i would of love the other MAKE ME video to he released but it did not happened and not for that reason i will stop supporting her... I habe a feeling we will get a compilation with unreleased material like the GH:MP DVD and if you say team britney is not that smart, just remember that team britney were the ones that did that... I love her and will support her... If she makes a mistake i will talk about it... But never insult her or her work, i signed the petition but only to create more promo for make me and maybe they could release the video but in no way i'm cancelling my album nor stop requesting and streaming her!

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Well, that's CLEARLY over the line. Nut cases like that are all over the Internet and there's not much anyone can do about that.  :jolieoverit:

My point was, it's about attracting the right kinds of fans. She's in her mid-30's, but marketing her brand to teenagers. Grown adults aren't going to have the same expectations of her as younger people. Fans who are her own age won't have any expectations when it comes to chart positions or promo. They're just lucky she's still alive and putting out music.

Do many young teenagers still listen to Britney? I thought they were all about the likes of Taylor Swift and the new generation of ex-Disney girls? The majority of Britney fans are in their 20s-30s but there's not really an age limit. I have a lecturer in college who's in her mid-late 40s and she's a Britney fan. She's not on these sites though and I think she would be disgusted if she saw the meltdowns over the MM video. I'm looking forward to the album and I think we should all be grateful she's still alive today and seems to have recovered from the dark days of 2007/2008.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

Do many young teenagers still listen to Britney? I thought they were all about the likes of Taylor Swift and the new generation of ex-Disney girls? The majority of Britney fans are in their 20s-30s but there's not really an age limit. I have a lecturer in college who's in her mid-late 40s and she's a Britney fan. She's not on these sites though and I think she would be disgusted if she saw the meltdowns over the MM video. I'm looking forward to the album and I think we should all be grateful she's still alive today and seems to have recovered from the dark days of 2007/2008.

I don't know, but I'm 39 and I'm completely baffled by how Britney fans get their panties in a knot about chart position and promo.

That wasn't something I even considered when I was in my 20's and stanning for Madonna...I didn't start being a fan of Britney's music until Blackout (because she's five years younger than me, and her music and marketing felt too bubblegum for me prior to My Prerogative). So all of these threads about streaming, and chart position, and competing with Katy Perry are all kind of bizarre to me.

1 hour ago, blissfuloutsider said:

Sometimes I feel like the fans don't need to know everything! Like with any business in life there is stress and drama behind the scenes.. People Just love the fuxking drama! I commend her and her team for keeping a tight lip it is better that way in my opinion! 

People don't need to know about everything.  And when people are complaining, making demands,, acting entitled and treating Britney like she is an awful person who deserves constant bullying from "fans" it's not surprising. Fame does not make someone a piece of property you own.  In her teams shoes. I can totally see why they have a generalized no response policy..  

On 08/07/2016 at 2:48 PM, Steel_Magnolia said:

No, that's never okay. But those random nutjobs are being stirred up by the core fanbase, who are all in their teens and 20's and are focused on things like chart positions and promo.

People in their 30's didn't grow up with that - they grew up with watching her videos and performances on MTV and actually having to tune in themselves at a specific time to catch it. And they also grew up WITH her, and lived through 2004 to 2008 with her, so they're just happy she's still alive and performing. :JLostare:

If she started marketing herself to people her own age there would be a lot less pressure on her to constantly deliver. However, people in their 30's and 40's have houses and kids to pay for, and don't have a disposable income to spend on things like perfume and vanilla candles. So I guess it's her and her Team's decisions to keep marketing to the younger generation with their $$ and their higher expectations. And as long as they keep trying to compete in that marketplace, they're going to constantly find themselves in this situation.

IA, valid point. An older crowd wouldn't generate as much $$. But it's not like she needs more cash.  networth says shes good for 200 mil. She could easely retire or choose an older crowd?

2 minutes ago, blindspots said:

IA, valid point. An older crowd wouldn't generate as much $$. But it's not like she needs more cash.  networth says shes good for 200 mil. She could easely retire or choose an older crowd?

Her net worth has always confused me.

One of the reasons for the cship being put in place was because she was "bleeding cash," but I followed her story closely throughout 2007 and apart from buying a couple of houses that she didn't need and purchasing a few too many white cars, I couldn't figure out where all her money had gone. 

Her team has been pinching pennies since the cship was put in place...I wonder if "growing her wealth" is one of the only ways the court can justify having a financial cship there to begin with? :usher:

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Her net worth has always confused me.

One of the reasons for the cship being put in place was because she was "bleeding cash," but I followed her story closely throughout 2007 and apart from buying a couple of houses that she didn't need and purchasing a few too many white cars, I couldn't figure out where all her money had gone. 

Her team has been pinching pennies since the cship was put in place...I wonder if "growing her wealth" is one of the only ways the court can justify having a financial cship there to begin with? :usher:

Maybe thats the case, it makes sense. I remember Britney said in an interview with Diane Sawyer that her unlcle from home took care of that 100 mil she was worth back in 2004 (?). So 12 years later she's worth twice as much. I wonder what the definition of "bleeding cash" was in 2007.

Archived