David LaChapelle was a mess on the set of Make Me

Antidote

2 hours ago, camerasareflashin' said:

This is so ridiculous, everyone knows David's personality, she already worked with him, why would they work again if he was a mess? 

I think his personality has changed. First of all, he seems to have lost his skill set or not kept up with the changes in technology and techniques. He apparently didn't know what he was doing. His way of setting up every detail of a scene is what theyre kind of paying him big bucks for.

2nd of all, back in the day, he seemed to be really tranquil and focused when shooting, as well as open to suggestions and opinions, maybe not when editing, but when shooting. I imagine that served him well, as it relaxed both the subject and him so he could peer into the depths of their soul. His work may be cynical and unsettling but he himself used to conduct himself in a more gentle manner. Him being a diva is not relaxing or how he used to be. You can kind of see Brit looks a little stressed during shooting. G-eazy looks horrible in that POV scene and not in artistic way, just horrible. Dave didn't seem to capture any essence let alone produce anything profound like he usually does. Nothing even looks as vibrant as he usually does. But of course, maybe he could have edited that into a master piece, he just needed more time. I dont know. 

He could be going thru his own 2007 now. Who knows?

Also.     @Antidote why didn't you share this tea until now? This would have been great info to know at any stage of the game.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, c.z said:

Let's say Britney saw the final product and didn't like it, so she asked for a re-editing.

Then LaChapelle gets pissed off and wants his name out of the project, but she can't hire a new director to do the editing because LaChapelle is also the creative person behind it, so he does not authorize that...

Anything could have happened, sisters.

• 2 years later...
  • Super Mods
On 8/5/2016 at 6:36 PM, Britney's Cheetos said:

Except Joseph Kahn and now David LaChapelle will probably never work with her again

There are other good directors out there, it’s a shame about Lachappelle but what you gonna do about it. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Onyx Dream said:

I think a fan got in with an insider, got access to the raw footage, and threw something together. Either that or there is an insider who is also a fan and/or has been in the forums and knows we wanted it and probably hated the official themselves so they leaked it. Just theories, but plausible. Even an amateur knows there is no storyline here. 

Again it doesn’t have to be a clear cut storyline, music videos don’t have to make sense. Does any of Sia’s videos makes sense? There’s just interesting visuals to go along the song. At least with David’s we got a lot of interesting visuals rather than the Disney’s version of *** and the city. 

On 8/5/2016 at 9:36 PM, Britney's Cheetos said:

Except Joseph Kahn and now David LaChapelle will probably never work with her again

I’m sorry to say but this is a good point. Both Joseph Kahn and David LaChapelle have made some of her best and most iconic videos. Stronger, Toxic, Everytime, Womanizer.

I know it’s hard to admit, but maybe the problem is with Queen B and not the video directors? Once you sit down and agree to a concept after preproduction you can’t just change your mind halfway through filming? 

Preproduction, storyboarding, concept art, mood boards, and test shoots all exist for a reason.

8 minutes ago, JustBreathe said:

I’m sorry to say but this is a good point. Both David Kahn and David LaChapelle have made some of her best and most iconic videos. Stronger, Toxic, Everytime, Womanizer.

I know it’s hard to admit, but maybe the problem is with Queen B and not the video directors? Once you sit down and agree to a concept after preproduction you can’t just change your mind halfway through filming? 

Preproduction, storyboarding, concept art, mood boards, and test shoots all exist for a reason.

Actually I would love to know what is the actual reason behind the scrapped videos... is kind of misterious... everyone is praising Britney but when it's about music videos there's always some kind of polemic. 

:xfactorlook:

He probably thought he has this great original idea at first but then he shot the video and realized it made no sense :akii:

Britney was super uncomfortable during shooting that video and it shows in at least half of the version that we got. she looks miserable. 

I am really glad they scrapped it. :sippinga:

Archived