What if Britney Jean never happened?

ALCHEMYTR

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there would be the same amount riding as already is.

Most GP don't really realize Britney Jean exists. BJ turned off a lot of the fanbase, but not regular people - they were already bored with her by the time Femme Fatale era ended (which probably had a lot to do with FFT). Obviously everyone thought S&S was cool - but that has more to do with lucky timing in terms of trendy music (Britney really doesn't do all that much on the actual song, tbh). Work ***** was polarizing, but still decently successful in that most people at least know it. Pretty Girls obviously didn't make any waves...and #justicefortom'sdiner. 

But yeah, BJ basically didn't happen anyways. If there wasn't the bad press for Alien recording session off-pitch vocals, GP literally wouldn't have known Britney even had an album out. All anyone talks about now is how they still think she's stiff/doing armography (BBMA could have had much better POM choreo sections to showcase the *power* of 2016ney) and that she doesn't look like herself anymore since Women's Health cover.

Honestly, she's never going to win the GP over again, and that's okay. As long as she's happy and still making stuff for us!!!

52 minutes ago, ALCHEMYTR said:

What if Britney had never released Britney Jean but instead just used WB as a promotional single for POM (Essentially it already was).  Would there be as much riding on this new era to make her once again popular with the GP? 

whatever.. at least I can still listen to WB, Alien, DC, HOT, TTB, TIG, NTIFY and passenger :bow::bow::bow:

26 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I think there would be the same amount riding as already is.

Most GP don't really realize Britney Jean exists. BJ turned off a lot of the fanbase, but not regular people - they were already bored with her by the time Femme Fatale era ended (which probably had a lot to do with FFT). Obviously everyone thought S&S was cool - but that has more to do with lucky timing in terms of trendy music (Britney really doesn't do all that much on the actual song, tbh). Work ***** was polarizing, but still decently successful in that most people at least know it. Pretty Girls obviously didn't make any waves...and #justicefortom'sdiner. 

But yeah, BJ basically didn't happen anyways. If there wasn't the bad press for Alien recording session off-pitch vocals, GP literally wouldn't have known Britney even had an album out. All anyone talks about now is how they still think she's stiff/doing armography (BBMA could have had much better POM choreo sections to showcase the *power* of 2016ney) and that she doesn't look like herself anymore since Women's Health cover.

Honestly, she's never going to win the GP over again, and that's okay. As long as she's happy and still making stuff for us!!!

I think I mostly agree with you! :kisses2all: the only thing I hope for is... not win over the GP but maybe get them to "hate" her a little less... cause I feel like right now... the "its cool to diss Britney" thing is way to high

I think instead of a full fledged album in 2014 she should have just released "Work *****" as a stand alone promotional single to launch her "Piece Of Me" residency that would have worked perfectly. If not then, maybe an EP with up to six songs (Work *****, Perfume, Alien, Till It's Gone, Passenger and Now That I Found You).

"Britney Jean" did not work as a whole album because the quality of songs were not consistently great, there were too many album fillers / forgettable songs and for a Britney album that is not good enough; she had set the bar so high with previous efforts that it was actually a letdown.  

Archived