Make Me flopping is what her team deserves

coolguy8621

It falling out of the top 50 on iTunes should be a wake up call. Her and her team once again took an amazing opportunity and wasted it. 

They finally had an amazing song and they let it die. Maybe that is the only way they will wake up and stop being the absolute worst team in music. 

Get a clue and realize things are different now. You can't leave a song out there with zero promo anymore and expect people to wait. It makes me so angry and sad for Britney fans that they make it all so hard. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
On 30.7.2016 at 2:27 AM, BritneyRocksMe said:

It isn't even a flop, it debuted at #17 which is the 6th highest debut of her career

Music vid hasn't even dropped

Radio intervews are scheduled for next week

:madonna:

and let's not forget the platinum certifications both in the us and canada, which are much more representative of the songs success in the region than charts. internationally the song did kinda flop through

10 minutes ago, inbritneyszone said:

and let's not forget the platinum certifications both in the us and canada, which are much more representative of the songs success in the region than charts. internationally the song did kinda flop through

Yeah.. anyway flop or not flop, Make Me could have done way better :( 

17 hours ago, *Galaxy Supernova* said:

Debuting at #17 is nothing if you fall out of the charts in the next 2 weeks though. She can still debut high because she still has a lot of fans that can support a debut, but she can't hold her place in the charts. :BBMAney:

I wrote that almost a year ago :ponderney: I thought it would have more impact than it did. We had a lot of hope then. The song was still really fresh, it was performing well on itunes, and she had lots of opportunity for promo. Plus, we had the hope of the original video, since parts of it had already leaked at that point. But that all went away when that messy video was released so :sassybrit:

13 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

They're out of touch. Britney and her team. The world is spinning way too fast and they can't keep up. They're stuck in 2008 and need a slap of reality. :soyeah:

Btw.. Her team deserved it, but Britney didn't. :wendycry:

Speaking of 2008 they should've milked Circus and released more singles. Her team is always missing the mark they were just lucky that she was the definitive pop girl for so long. 

25 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

They're out of touch. Britney and her team. The world is spinning way too fast and they can't keep up. They're stuck in 2008 and need a slap of reality. :soyeah:

Btw.. Her team deserved it, but Britney didn't. :wendycry:

we didnt deserve that flop cheap and messy video tbh :byebitch:

Make me did ok in the US.

The reason it didn't go further than #17 is because of the stupid streaming rules which are the reason her peaks suck now. 

YES, the original video would have helped reach a better peak, but no one can deny Make Me had a huge rebound after the VMA performance. It was top 3 on itunes for an entire week after the VMAs. Not even beyonce with her 10 minute performance achieved a top 10 on itunes, and Britney did.

Make Me only managed to re-peak at #17 that week, making the song be two weeks in the top 20. That's respectable, on the same level as Work *****. But this is all thanks to the stupid streaming era and these new rules which ruined Scream and Shout, Work ***** and now Make Me.

If it we still had the old rules pre-2013, S&S would have been #1 or #2, Work ***** would have been #6 or #7, Pretty Girls would have been top 10 (sounds crazy but with the old rules it was possible as PG was top 10 in the digital charts) and Make Me would have been top 10 for two weeks instead of #17 for two weeks.

Now Perfume, Ooh La La and Slumber Party are lost causes in any way. Our fanbase sucks in this streaming era. Which is weird since streaming is free while digital downloads weren't, yet we had lots of power back in 2009-2011.

3 hours ago, now.watch.me said:

Now Perfume, Ooh La La and Slumber Party are lost causes in any way. Our fanbase sucks in this streaming era. Which is weird since streaming is free while digital downloads weren't, yet we had lots of power back in 2009-2011.

In the digital-downloads era, stanbase armies had a lot of sway. It's a lot harder for a small but devoted base of people to propel a song to #1 nowadays. 400,000 downloads for Hold It Against Me plus a strong radio debut was enough to get it to #1. But when it comes to streaming, 400,000 devoted people will get you nowhere.

6 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

In the digital-downloads era, stanbase armies had a lot of sway. It's a lot harder for a small but devoted base of people to propel a song to #1 nowadays. 400,000 downloads for Hold It Against Me plus a strong radio debut was enough to get it to #1. But when it comes to streaming, 400,000 devoted people will get you nowhere.

She needs to slay the GP then :comingthru:

Archived