Watch Britney's Bizarre Filming Of 'Make Me'

Jordan Miller

• Super Mods
48 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

"All the time"? This is rare. Usually, they only ask for some editing. They do not like to be throwing away their money.

Um you would be surprised. Its very common in the industry. Prince shoots a bunch of music videos that ends up shelved just because he didnt like it. Kanye west shot multiple videos for jesus walks the final third time one he paid for himself and it was cheap looking. Kid cudi refilmed his video for pursuit of happiness because he didn't like the first one. You think record labels throw millions to each artist to make a video? Music video budgets range from as little as 2,000 to 500,000. This ain't the 90's anymore. There is a lot at stake than just money, like branding of the artist that the label work hard to build and other factors.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Um you would be surprised. Its very common in the industry. Prince shoots a bunch of music videos that ends up shelved just because he didnt like it. Kanye west shot multiple videos for jesus walks the final third time one he paid for himself and it was cheap looking. Kid cudi refilmed his video for pursuit of happiness because he didn't like the first one. You think record labels throw millions to each artist to make a video? Music video budgets range from as little as 2,000 to 500,000. This ain't the 90's anymore. There is a lot at stake than just money, like branding of the artist that the label work hard to build and other factors.

You mentioned those singers once. I mean it can happen but not 4 times in a 18 years career. It's too much tbh!

1 hour ago, Trace said:

They actually didn't release that statement. Rolling Stone worded a sentence really strangely and if you read the sentence quickly it made it seem like RCA released a statement, when they actually didn't say anything about the video. A lot of news sources took off with that line without doing further research. The "suitable representation" line actually comes from the petition. Check out this article which words it properly: http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/britney-spears-fans-petition-for-original-make-me-video.html

BTW whats up with the petition?? Do you know if they are gonna send it to RCA?

BTW, I actually like MM as a song at I think it was a good choice for first single with G-Eazy.... But its true that if they would release the video it would make the GP interested in Brit again. What if it doesnt have a storyline?? Everytime a video seems strange at first it creates conversation among ppl and usually ends up being iconic!

19 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Then how do you explain the new choreo to TOMH, for instance?

I think she likes the idea of **** -- she just wants it to be more sensual than titillating. 

I dont think she has the dance ability she had before the breakdown phase, and I dont think it is linked to her knee, or her choreographer, i think she just lost her rythm. You dont have to agree with me. but im sick of making up excuses for her armography and scrapped videos. love her repertoire of music and will remain a fan to enjoy the albums, but my main joy comes from listening to the studio versions now. as live is never live and is barley there dancing. 

17 hours ago, iZacaree said:

This. 

I rememeber in the interview that Joseph Kahn did with Jordan, he said that he saw Britney in all the stages of her career and that the post-2007 Britney (during the filming of Perfume) was "damaged". 

I totally get what you're saying. I feel like her career, post-2007, has all been the work of her team, producers, etc... But only a very minimal amount was from Britney herself. I mean, a team of producers basically made Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Britney totally phoned those albums in. 

It's like she doesn't want to be a pop-star anymore, but she doesn't know what else to do because this is all she's ever known in her adult life. Maybe she's afraid to ditch the pop world because she fears failing in something else, so she just stays with it because it's comfortable, even though she doesn't really like it anymore- kind of like a person who has a job in an office: they hate the job, but they do it to pay the bills. 

Honestly, interviewers shouldn't even ask what her kids' opinions are of her performances. They shouldn't really ask anything about her kids, except maybe for how they're doing. But I get why they do- it's because Britney and her team won't really allow any other questions, so interviewers have to scramble to think of something "safe" to ask her. 

I wouldn't want Britney's life at all. I've always been a Britney fan, and always will be, but I don't feel like Britney has been happy with her life for a long while. Only recently has she seemed somewhat happy again. Maybe something changed in her conservatorship, or maybe she just accepted it for what it was and learned to be happy with it. Either way, it seems like a very lonely, isolated life. 

We may never know what truly goes on in Britney's world. 

Sis, Thank you so much for seeing what i am saying and backing it up, We can keep pretening all we want but Team Britney cover up the cracks and glue it all together and she feels trapped, she feels over protected and like she HAS to perform.

I remember Joseph Khan saying she isnt the same person she was before 2007, and she isnt, in interviews and in life and her performances, and I GET IT.

But I wish they had said look weve proved you still have something here with circus, lets take you away to be who you want to be, take 3, 4, 5 years to sort your personal life and mind frame out and then get in the dance studio and find your beat again, then we will write some songs select some producers and see what you come up with on your own, use your own voice and style this yourself and then we will think about a real comeback.

But no, they kept a medicated britney hidden with arm dancing, body doubles, edited interviews, question sheets, demands, no performances, no prmo etc etc etc and we stood by her because we love her, but if you love her like i do, you can not be ok with how she was pushed back out.

Yes this time i see glimmers of the old girl we fell in love with, but its like a light when out and never came back on, sometimes it sparks and gives a flash but it never really comes back on.

6 hours ago, benbentomlinson said:

Sis, Thank you so much for seeing what i am saying and backing it up, We can keep pretening all we want but Team Britney cover up the cracks and glue it all together and she feels trapped, she feels over protected and like she HAS to perform.

I remember Joseph Khan saying she isnt the same person she was before 2007, and she isnt, in interviews and in life and her performances, and I GET IT.

But I wish they had said look weve proved you still have something here with circus, lets take you away to be who you want to be, take 3, 4, 5 years to sort your personal life and mind frame out and then get in the dance studio and find your beat again, then we will write some songs select some producers and see what you come up with on your own, use your own voice and style this yourself and then we will think about a real comeback.

But no, they kept a medicated britney hidden with arm dancing, body doubles, edited interviews, question sheets, demands, no performances, no prmo etc etc etc and we stood by her because we love her, but if you love her like i do, you can not be ok with how she was pushed back out.

Yes this time i see glimmers of the old girl we fell in love with, but its like a light when out and never came back on, sometimes it sparks and gives a flash but it never really comes back on.

I agree with you 100%!

It was PAINFULLY obvious that Britney was not happy during the FF era, and I dare say she was downright miserable. Her eyes were half-open the whole time! She was literally walking around like a lethargic zombie. It's like she would go on stage and you could tell that she couldn't wait to get off - remember the BBMA performance with Rihanna? As soon as the song was over, she was racing to get off that stage, and someone in the back told her that the camera was still rolling so she walked back to hug Rihanna again and stand awkwardly. Also, the fact that she had no writing credits on FF is proof, to me, that she didn't give a single flying **** about the album. It appeared as if she was forced to do it, so she put in the absolute minimum amount of effort necessary. 

I definitely think that she should have been allowed to sort her life out and make her own choices after Circus. Unfortunately, during 2010, the conservatorship was extended indefinitely, so she just became a cash-cow for her team and her dad. Because of that, she was forced to work to make sure that everyone got their money - including K-Fed, who got thousands of dollars in child support from her (at least he did at that time; I'm not sure about that now). FF and the FF Tour, The X-Factor, BJ - I think she was forced to do all of that, and she wasn't happy about any of it.

Hopefully one day she earns her full freedom back, and can do whatever she wants.

• Super Mods
16 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Britney had a hard time working with Lachapelle on Everytime. It wouldn't surprise me if he's just an ******* that's difficult to work with.

Really? What happened? In her blog she raved about how happy she was about the video and he brought her vision to life. 

7 hours ago, benbentomlinson said:

I dont think she has the dance ability she had before the breakdown phase, and I dont think it is linked to her knee, or her choreographer, i think she just lost her rythm. You dont have to agree with me. but im sick of making up excuses for her armography and scrapped videos. love her repertoire of music and will remain a fan to enjoy the albums, but my main joy comes from listening to the studio versions now. as live is never live and is barley there dancing. 

I'm not even referring to the dancing ability per se -- just the idea of how Britney perceives her sexuality.

She seems to prefer the idea of *** equating to sensuality or romance, but not to domination or anything to do with bondage. Take the WB video, for example. She apparently didn't like the idea of whipping somebody, and asked that the "****" scene be recut because it was too over the top....I can see this affecting her perception of the original MM video. If it came across as crass in any way, she may have asked that it no be released in favour of the cheesy "romantic" version that we eventually got. 

Archived