Watch Britney's Bizarre Filming Of 'Make Me'

Jordan Miller

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

They're the ones who released that statement to Rolling Stone, not Larry.

Damage control. I'm 100% convinced they were not the ones asking to scrap the video. Too costly.

4 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

I'm just surprised that this thread hasn't disappeared yet :beynah: 

Maybe this is the sign the video IS coming! :letitburn:

2 hours ago, joshuavelas said:

I don't get the "too ******" thing.. I mean she was naked in Womanizer (she was a mom there too), Toxic and even some outfits on the show are more ****** than the video. 

And she grabbed G-Eazy's crotch at the VMAs + is having *** with a guy in public in the official music video. :tbh: 

20 minutes ago, Cindy Campbell said:

i asked this before, but how do we know it cost 2mil?? 

I have been searching for ten minutes but I couldn't find it. I thought it was legit, everyone is using it. :britdrown:

I'm sure it was expensive AF anyway. :yaknow:

11 minutes ago, Isla. said:

It's already been suggested on here Britney had problems with David Lapchelle and she wanted to reshoot some scenes but he refused and then he wouldn't let her release the video.

But why did Britney used G-Eazy's scene in the official video, then? :juggingu: 

28 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

Damage control. I'm 100% convinced they were not the ones asking to scrap the video. Too costly.

That has nothing to do with it. This happens with record labels all the time.

I remember Mariah Carey saying once that she actually shot two different videos for Vision of Love. She said the first one was "thrown out" because the director had her "in a bra on a bed." So they made her re-shoot an entirely different video.

53 minutes ago, tsss said:

well I personally don't like the dance scene at the beginning, too much awkward arms moves, WB had WAY better choreo
and this body double with g eazy like wtf is this big nose? and I swear it's a man...couldn't they get a female or britney for this?

on the other hand I LIVE for a cage scene+her dancing alone...and I like the kill scene, bring that controversy, Brit
for me it probably would be like HIAM mv...bittersweet because of body double mess and lack of sence in the plot sometimes

anyway scrapping such an interesting video for what we have is a crime, forever pressed :kidcries:

what the hell are you talking about lol the only part of the body double you see are the hands lmfao the person walking up to g eazy is Britney hahaha

59 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

I also wasn't a fan of them electrocuting and killing the guy in the swimming pool. WTF was the point of that?? It just looked ridiculous and I wish fans would let it go.

Ridiculous ? Feministney was just taking control over the patriarchal system that rules our world :(:(:(:(

I'm sad... I mean, I know Britney has a huge potential, Glory is pretty good, Make Me... is so my jam...

They did some promo, even the VMA's... But they decide for a reason or another to kill everything with that Hilary Duff's-third-single-video-like.

18 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

I have been searching for ten minutes but I couldn't find it. I thought it was legit, everyone is using it. :britdrown:

I'm sure it was expensive AF anyway. :yaknow:

But why did Britney used G-Eazy's scene in the official video, then? :juggingu: 

yeah i've seen everyone saying it that's why i asked haha.... hope someone answers that question :sofedup:

6 hours ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

It makes me sad how the video/single ruined the entire era:

- we won't get a documentary probably because they can't put the video footage in

- we got her worst lead single video and possibly her worst video ever

- the vma performance was probably supposed to be MM original 2.0

- she'll never work with Lachapelle again

- sales were probably lower because of the meltdowns

- the single flopped because of it all ^

:kidcries:

I totally agree!!! The whole era has been ruined, I feel like us fans are just exploited and never give something back for our loyalty, they could have released the fan-demanded version!! True that MM flopped as well! I wanna cry :crying2::crying2:

1 hour ago, AOLUV said:

They're the ones who released that statement to Rolling Stone, not Larry.

They actually didn't release that statement. Rolling Stone worded a sentence really strangely and if you read the sentence quickly it made it seem like RCA released a statement, when they actually didn't say anything about the video. A lot of news sources took off with that line without doing further research. The "suitable representation" line actually comes from the petition. Check out this article which words it properly: http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/britney-spears-fans-petition-for-original-make-me-video.html

5 hours ago, sciama said:

Take a look at this two twitter accounts: @slave4toxic or this @djamisuzuki. These are the kind of people that makes me angry and I can't get over the video cause they give me hopes. I don't know what to think anymore. The best for the song and album would be to release the video on VEVO I think, Make Me... will bump up the charts I think, but they're not smart enough and also I think the reason they don't is bigger as I said before.

Everybody get on Twitter and ask @slave4toxic  to give us the video! I can suggest him some ways on how to make things fast and mostly secretly! THIS IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT :scalped:

1 hour ago, If U Seek Me said:

Maybe this is the sign the video IS coming! :letitburn:

And she grabbed G-Eazy's crotch at the VMAs + is having *** with a guy in public in the official music video. :tbh: 

Yeah I just think its bullshit, there is another reason..

1 hour ago, AOLUV said:

I found this article which says the following:

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a803975/britney-spears-and-the-curse-of-the-scrapped-music-video-6-times-its-happened-before/

I remember reading on TMZ a little while ago, that the label thought the video was too random and made no sense. So they wanted her to start from scratch and film a video with more of a storyline. I'm inclined to believe this, especially after reading this statement.

As I've said before, I don't think the original video looked any better tbh. It just had more setups. I also wasn't a fan of them electrocuting and killing the guy in the swimming pool. WTF was the point of that?? It just looked ridiculous and I wish fans would let it go.

Work ***** didn't have a storyline either and it still remains as one of her best MV. Besides, the original DOES have a storyline!

Archived