Watch Britney's Bizarre Filming Of 'Make Me'

Jordan Miller

20 minutes ago, ifuseekari said:

So far we know that:

1) Outrageous video project got canceled because of Britney's knee injury

2) Gimme More original version / scenes got scrapped

3) Work ***** - racy version scrapped. 

4) Perfume - acting-ney/the gun scene/ controversial-ney, scrapped.

5) Make Me - the original version, scrapped. 

At least we got to see some glimpses of Gimme More, Outrageous, and the Make Me original versions (especially MM).

I'm curious to see the original versions of Work ***** and Perfume tbh. 

But like most people, I still hope we get the MM original video version leaked... 
It's so hard being a Britney fan sometimes lol... :brityeah:

At least we have an amazing album this era! :saycheese:

I read somewhere Gimme more was scrapped because team Britney wanted to "clear her image" or something and original video wasn't a proper "comeback" . Perfume was scrapped because there were shootings and it wasn't appropriate to release the video at that time. Also, there are 3 screencaps from it so we have something.

Work ***** didn't have a 'racy' version. it was just a scene in which Britney wasn't even in, I think an **** or something. So we're not missing out on anything.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, benbentomlinson said:

It's Britney herself, Larry slayed with getting the best of the best for Britney, he built this Icon image and was the master of getting thing's delivered.

SHe isnt comfortable with who she is, shes torn between a world that almost ended her life and Being a mom.

You only have to revert back to interviews about Work *****, she said herself she feels pressured and too ****, and then fast forward to the today show, She totally shut the interviewer down when asking what the kids thought of the VMAs -They havent seen it, ok lets show them what we can do boys.

She does not want to be ****, hence the lackluster choreography, Britney pre breakdown/ kids was fire, because she was a young woman who was ****** and explored herself and this came across in her music and videos and on stage- urm hello, Onyx tour! 

She had a terrible set back that didn't allow her image to grow, she was shy, damaged and introverted who at times appeared crippled with anxiety! Anyone who hadnt been through her 2006-2012 (it lasted much longer, the meltdowns, the cover ups, the body doubles, the smoke and mirrors career, the FF tour!). Any other artist in this period had time to change they way they performed, to grow musically, and grow into a more refined performer, Britney didnt get that chance, if she had kept going through in the zone without troubles, her career would have been far more artistic, i believe she would have found her voice more. and be so refined as a performer that her choreography would be a lot stronger.

Her team have to work hard with a woman who sometimes does not seem like she wants to do any of what she actually does! they have to glue together the pieces.

I love Britney with a passion, and i respect her and admire her, but the reason we dont get certain things anymore is down to nobody other than Brit herself!

This. 

I rememeber in the interview that Joseph Kahn did with Jordan, he said that he saw Britney in all the stages of her career and that the post-2007 Britney (during the filming of Perfume) was "damaged". 

I totally get what you're saying. I feel like her career, post-2007, has all been the work of her team, producers, etc... But only a very minimal amount was from Britney herself. I mean, a team of producers basically made Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Britney totally phoned those albums in. 

It's like she doesn't want to be a pop-star anymore, but she doesn't know what else to do because this is all she's ever known in her adult life. Maybe she's afraid to ditch the pop world because she fears failing in something else, so she just stays with it because it's comfortable, even though she doesn't really like it anymore- kind of like a person who has a job in an office: they hate the job, but they do it to pay the bills. 

Honestly, interviewers shouldn't even ask what her kids' opinions are of her performances. They shouldn't really ask anything about her kids, except maybe for how they're doing. But I get why they do- it's because Britney and her team won't really allow any other questions, so interviewers have to scramble to think of something "safe" to ask her. 

I wouldn't want Britney's life at all. I've always been a Britney fan, and always will be, but I don't feel like Britney has been happy with her life for a long while. Only recently has she seemed somewhat happy again. Maybe something changed in her conservatorship, or maybe she just accepted it for what it was and learned to be happy with it. Either way, it seems like a very lonely, isolated life. 

We may never know what truly goes on in Britney's world. 

23 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

This. 

I rememeber in the interview that Joseph Kahn did with Jordan, he said that he saw Britney in all the stages of her career and that the post-2007 Britney (during the filming of Perfume) was "damaged". 

I totally get what you're saying. I feel like her career, post-2007, has all been the work of her team, producers, etc... But only a very minimal amount was from Britney herself. I mean, a team of producers basically made Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Britney totally phoned those albums in. 

It's like she doesn't want to be a pop-star anymore, but she doesn't know what else to do because this is all she's ever known in her adult life. Maybe she's afraid to ditch the pop world because she fears failing in something else, so she just stays with it because it's comfortable, even though she doesn't really like it anymore- kind of like a person who has a job in an office: they hate the job, but they do it to pay the bills. 

Honestly, interviewers shouldn't even ask what her kids' opinions are of her performances. They shouldn't really ask anything about her kids, except maybe for how they're doing. But I get why they do- it's because Britney and her team won't really allow any other questions, so interviewers have to scramble to think of something "safe" to ask her. 

I wouldn't want Britney's life at all. I've always been a Britney fan, and always will be, but I don't feel like Britney has been happy with her life for a long while. Only recently has she seemed somewhat happy again. Maybe something changed in her conservatorship, or maybe she just accepted it for what it was and learned to be happy with it. Either way, it seems like a very lonely, isolated life. 

We may never know what truly goes on in Britney's world. 

I agree with you so much! I have the same feeling about this. The thing is, I've noticed since/post 2007 she has been hesitant, but only when it comes to the media. She seems perfectly comfortable in her personal life. However put her in front of an interviewer (or a camera) she turns off. Lately she's been MUCH more herself in the interviews, but obviously not the same thing.

As an example, she talks to her sons, friends and sometimes people she trusts on interviews happily. Compare that to when she makes announcements (like the Louisiana one) she is so disinterested and reading off of the cue cards.

As you put it, I'm sure its difficult for her to trust the media after all they put her put her through. In fact I'll go as far as to say they pushed her and it's (partially) because of them that she had her meltdown.

I think given the opportunity I think she would not have necessarily returned to the "pop world" as you said. But only, has she done this for most of her life. Part of her (Esp now with Glory) enjoys it on some level, at least recording the music.

Wherever it may go, I just hope she gets better, stays safe and happy

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

I respect what you say but that is such a stretch. :zoomzoom:

Then what about the male dancers? I know they are men but they will be disappointed that their hard work is wasted for nothing, I know Willie will have a ***** fit. I'm pretty sure someone behind the scenes saw it as gay **** and refused to allow to be shown with their money invested in it. 

I know it's a stretch *sigh*  It's unfortunate we're picking our brains the way that we are to come up with some sort of reasonable explanation for such an important video turning out the way that it did instead of just getting the reasons from them. 

I found this article which says the following:

According to a statement released to Rolling Stone, RCA said that the LaChapelle video wasn't "a suitable representation of the song".

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a803975/britney-spears-and-the-curse-of-the-scrapped-music-video-6-times-its-happened-before/

I remember reading on TMZ a little while ago, that the label thought the video was too random and made no sense. So they wanted her to start from scratch and film a video with more of a storyline. I'm inclined to believe this, especially after reading this statement.

As I've said before, I don't think the original video looked any better tbh. It just had more setups. I also wasn't a fan of them electrocuting and killing the guy in the swimming pool. WTF was the point of that?? It just looked ridiculous and I wish fans would let it go.

4 hours ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

It makes me sad how the video/single ruined the entire era:

- we won't get a documentary probably because they can't put the video footage in

- we got her worst lead single video and possibly her worst video ever

- the vma performance was probably supposed to be MM original 2.0

- she'll never work with Lachapelle again

- sales were probably lower because of the meltdowns

- the single flopped because of it all ^

:kidcries:

I heard Lachapelle hasn't worked on music videos since idk when, and Make Me... was the first one he did in a while. :umomg:

well I personally don't like the dance scene at the beginning, too much awkward arms moves, WB had WAY better choreo
and this body double with g eazy like wtf is this big nose? and I swear it's a man...couldn't they get a female or britney for this?

on the other hand I LIVE for a cage scene+her dancing alone...and I like the kill scene, bring that controversy, Brit
for me it probably would be like HIAM mv...bittersweet because of body double mess and lack of sence in the plot sometimes

anyway scrapping such an interesting video for what we have is a crime, forever pressed :kidcries:

2 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

So far we know that:

1) Outrageous video project got canceled because of Britney's knee injury

2) Gimme More original version / scenes got scrapped

3) Work ***** - racy version scrapped. 

4) Perfume - acting-ney/the gun scene/ controversial-ney, scrapped.

5) Make Me - the original version, scrapped. 

At least we got to see some glimpses of Gimme More, Outrageous, and the Make Me original versions (especially MM).

I'm curious to see the original versions of Work ***** and Perfume tbh. 

But like most people, I still hope we get the MM original video version leaked... 
It's so hard being a Britney fan sometimes lol... :brityeah:

At least we have an amazing album this era! :saycheese:

1 hour ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

I read somewhere Gimme more was scrapped because team Britney wanted to "clear her image" or something and original video wasn't a proper "comeback" . Perfume was scrapped because there were shootings and it wasn't appropriate to release the video at that time. Also, there are 3 screencaps from it so we have something.

Work ***** didn't have a 'racy' version. it was just a scene in which Britney wasn't even in, I think an **** or something. So we're not missing out on anything.

The point is that, after all we had Outrageous, Gimme More, Work ***** and Perfume, maybe not the original concept version but still. The Make Me... video is a complete new and shitty reshoot that's why I can't get over it and everytime I think about it it drives me nuts, damn.

15 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

I found this article which says the following:

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a803975/britney-spears-and-the-curse-of-the-scrapped-music-video-6-times-its-happened-before/

I remember reading on TMZ a little while ago, that the label thought the video was too random and made no sense. So they wanted her to start from scratch and film a video with more of a storyline. I'm inclined to believe this, especially after reading this statement.

This is some bullshit from Larry. RCA would never scrap a raunchy $2 million video which would have been huge. They lost money and streaming, I really doubt it was their call.

:tbh:

Just now, If U Seek Me said:

This is some bullshit from Larry. RCA would never scrap a raunchy $2 million video which would have been huge. They lost money and streaming, I really doubt it was their call.

:tbh:

They're the ones who released that statement to Rolling Stone, not Larry.

Archived