Watch Britney's Bizarre Filming Of 'Make Me'

Jordan Miller

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, reVolution said:

You guys are so dramatic its actually too funny :hype:

Maybe you should go back to the FF era where she looked a mess on the promo performances and looked mes like A zombie, or the Britney Jean era where we got no promo performances

Millions of Britney fans must feel the same way.

The official video only has 26.1 million views...while the audio video has 19.5 million. That's really not that much of a difference. 

4 hours ago, Morea said:

I love (and always will) love Britney but....scrapping the original video really made me angry because the song could really have benefit more and would have been a Top 10 hit by now...visuals are really important for an artist nowadays, the original video could have been a real masterpiece and I will never forget Britney and her team for this. The truth is that the whole era and the single run have been damaged by this move (still doing really good and miles better than BJ)! At least I wish that it would leak by now! :nyheadache:

Look at Slave and the video.  or MATM.  A controversial video is just a controversial video.  It doesn't make the song perform any better.  She didn't even win a VMA for either of them either...So no.  That's not true.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, reVolution said:

You guys are so dramatic its actually too funny :hype:

Maybe you should go back to the FF era where she looked a mess on the promo performances and looked mes like A zombie, or the Britney Jean era where we got no promo performances

It's not like those who prefer the original video are "dramatic" and "ungrateful" of everything Britney's created and worked toward this era, or that anyone has forgetten how underwhelming (or whatever word/words one wants to use) the Femme Fatale or BJ era was.

Some people literally prefer the original clips to the official/released video we got and that's fine. It's still fresh. The original probably would've gotten more acclaim or attention than the one released (in my opinion).

Have whatever opinion you want but labeling people as "dramatic" for having logical reasons about a music video is a little much. :mcwave:

3 minutes ago, originalblonde said:

Look at Slave and the video.  or MATM.  A controversial video is just a controversial video.  It doesn't make the song perform any better.  She didn't even win a VMA for either of them either...So no.  That's not true.

One Dance doesn't even have a video, but it's breaking records for how long it's sitting on top of the charts. Mostly due to streaming.

Barbra Streisand just broke records with her latest album (most chart-topping albums by a female artist). Mostly due to physical purchases.

Both of those examples show that a strong video isn't necessary -- but being known for making good music is.

9 minutes ago, originalblonde said:

2001 and 2003 are nowhere similar to 2016 where a 100 million views in less than a week could give you a huge boost on the charts.

My bet is something really bad happened to scrap David out of everything.

Its Britneys ******** lead single for her album..**** the charts.Every mv for britneys lead singles has been amazing and iconic so far..even wb where the song was meh.We want that videoooo and im sure its dope (if it still exists and isnt burned and burried :orangu: )

#freemakemevideo NOW

11 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

2001 and 2003 are nowhere similar to 2016 where a 100 million views in less than a week could give you a huge boost on the charts.

My bet is something really bad happened to scrap David out of everything.

If the song itself is quality in comparison to the video.  They BOTH have to be good for that to happen.  A good song will do good with a crap video.  

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, originalblonde said:

Thanks baby!  

Nnnnn now it's merged into the original thread :orangu:

But to your point, I think music videos have an important role in pop culture. Britney's earlier videos helped define certain aspects of pop culture back in the day, still influence the culture in some way, hence why we always revisit them.

I think the released Make Me video does not do much to make Britney relevant in today's pop culture. While the video might not have controversy, it doesn't offer much (except for some beautiful shots/scenes of Britney) up as an alternative. I think she and her team, though, have been trying to figure out where Britney fits into pop culture in 2016. And while Glory has many songs that are exemplary, I think appealing/relevant/defining videos help do that. And that's why some might be so attached to the original video, since it appears it could've offered something to make people talk about.

54 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Nnnnn now it's merged into the original thread :orangu:

But to your point, I think music videos have an important role in pop culture. Britney's earlier videos helped define certain aspects of pop culture back in the day, still influence the culture in some way, hence why we always revisit them.

I think the released Make Me video does not do much to make Britney relevant in today's pop culture. While the video might not have controversy, it doesn't offer much (except for some beautiful shots/scenes of Britney) up as an alternative. I think she and her team, though, have been trying to figure out where Britney fits into pop culture in 2016. And while Glory has many songs that are exemplary, I think appealing/relevant/defining videos help do that. And that's why some might be so attached to the original video, since it appears it could've offered something to make people talk about.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  We'll never know.  There's always the next video for the people freaking out.  

I agree they're trying to figure out where she fits and she herself is too, having children.  I think it was a good idea.  Today is different than 2007.  That type of drama is ignored and seen as attention seeking instead of being a big deal like it used to be.  I think because of the previous decade, like you said, that people are also desensitized.  I don't think it would have been as big of a deal as the ones who wanted it think it would be.  They'e living in the past.

56 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Yes was the queen of the Music Videos from 1999-2013. But since Perfume we only got bad music videos. I mean seriously 3 bad Music Videos in a Row? 

Aside from Pretty Girls, Perfume and Make Me could have been so much better, but the original videos were scrapped. 75% of the Perfume video was cut out and Joseph Kahn salvaged what he could to make something presentable. Why does team Britney always agree to film these videos, only to end up scrapping them? It's so stupid.

Archived