True Story: VMA 2007

On 8/14/2016 at 4:02 AM, Silver_Nintendo said:

imo I think a lot of the VMA stuff boils down to how Britney just didn't seem to be interested in the performance. (not criticizing her because at that point of her life, how could she be? there's a reason to why Blackout had zero promo)

At this rehearsal, she looks barely interested, it's little better than the actual performance. Not to mention the story of how she skipped rehearsal to go partying and all that.

I think that what happened backstage is that she got really nervous after she realized how underrehearsed she was. Sure, the Sarah Silverman stuff may have only made it worse, but I think that in the end it all boils down to Britney's lack of interest in promoting Blackout back then

It looks like she was already wearing the same extensions in this rehearsal as she was on the actual night of the VMA's.

On 8/14/2016 at 11:17 AM, anakinskywalker said:

I don't see the big deal about that performance. Britney performed like this the entire FF era with little exceptions, even in Vegas....:rihcackle:

But that was the first time the world ever saw her perform like that. At that point, all anyone had to compare her to was her pre-breakdown performances.

18 hours ago, iZacaree said:

It looks like she was already wearing the same extensions in this rehearsal as she was on the actual night of the VMA's.

September 7, 2007

Britney left LA and Arrived in Las Vegas:

normal_022~145.jpg

normal_016~174.jpg

nopethumbnails.php?album=8055

This must have been filmed the same day:

The vmas aired September 9th that year. This is apparently why here extentions were bad and I'm actually ok with her doing tbh:

On 4/17/2016 at 5:05 PM, Britneybbhmm said:

I just heard the story about the hairstylist...

The hairstylist ken paves was responsible for the hair!!

but britney did not let him do his job!!

cause he was using extensions or hairpieces that he created with Jessica Simpson for hairdo!!

1433.jpg

Britney had then learned that they could exploited her and felt like they want to promote the hairline by sayin' that even A-list celebrities like Britney and so on using those extensions!

She was not sure and ken had no other extensions there! So ken paves was packing his stuff and left the room!! And he was angry he was upset because he's flown to vegas just for her!

that's why she ended up like this:

ken_paves.jpg

And if this was the case? I wouldn't do that either!!

jessica that "dumbfuck" should pay Britney at least 5.000.000.00$ for promoting her shitty line!!

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2016 at 8:24 PM, D_Britfan said:

The actual video is like impossible to find now but this article has a gif of it

https://www.muumuse.com/2015/02/britney-spears-2007-mtv-vmas-rehearsal-footage-video.html/

I’m commenting on a 2 year old thread :evilpatrick: 

but I just got here and I wanted to point out how depressed I am right now, over the fact it was copyrighted and we might never ever ever see it again . How sad is being a Britney fan :crying1:

I remember watching it live and right before Britney got on stage there was this comedian talking Sarah Silverman or whatever her name is... basically she was making jokes and said that Britneys kids were a mistake or something like this. It was just terrible ,I was so disgusted by her... Britney probably heard everything backstage as it was minutes before she got on stage.

Mtv got their fair share of criticism for this. Many felt like they exploited her for ratings knowing she wasnt fit to perform. But as weve read, they were just as nervous as her team was about allowing it. I somehow think after this, MTV had it in for her and essentially replaced her with Beyonce. That video Vanguard speech they had her do, getting her to perform straight after Beyonce in 2016. Smells like sabotage to me:tbh:

I never understand why TV producers are so scared about stuff like this - why the VMA producers were freaking out about Brit being messy - stuff going wrong and controversial performances are the only reason anyone watches these show, it does nothing but improve their ratings.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:06 PM, pablitonizer said:

This story is not completely accurate since Britney went to the VMAs in the appropriate time to rehearse on stage before the live performance, we even got the footage of that last year. It's true she had a few drinks to "relax" before getting on the stg, but the hair extension was only a recomendation, she turned it down the day before, there was no a situation like the one described. And regarding her outfit, it's true she changed it in the last minute... she was surrounded by the wrong people, VMAs reps cannot be blamed... 

You're right, other's can't be blamed. BRITNEY can be blamed for this. 

• Super Mods
On 4/17/2016 at 12:47 PM, Guest I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It was, by now, 90 minutes before the show began, and hair stylist Ken Paves, himself immaculate and groomed, entered the dressing room with an assistant, carrying the golden hair extensions in his little box. After his warm welcome in LA, he wasn’t expecting the frost that greeted him. ‘I don’t like him! I want his assistant,’ announced Britney. In the awkward moments that followed, his assistant quite rightly pledged her loyalty to Ken. As he diplomatically tried to smooth ruffled feathers, Britney instructed her bodyguard to eject him from her room.

The bodyguard, merely doing his job, forcibly removed the Hollywood stylist. In the corridor outside, observers saw Ken being shoved out the door, remonstrating loudly that ‘I’ve never been so insulted in my life!’ He was still carrying the hair extensions, carefully tissue-wrapped in his kit. Had MTV cameras managed to capture this opening act in the ensuing comedy of errors, it would have surely captured its best-ever behind-the-scenes special. Management and record label representatives were meanwhile on the floor in the auditorium, reassuring one another—and MTV producers—that everything was back on track after the night before.

Not gonna lie, that’s some funny ****. It’s like a scene from a comedy. :tifflmao:

• Love 1
  • 2 years later...