Jump to content

This Day In Pop: “Oops...! I Did It Again” Lands The #1 Spot in the UK

On May 7, 2000, Oops...! I Did It Again landed on top of the UK charts becoming her third #1 in there after ...Baby One More Time & Born To Make You Happy. It was certified platinum in the country for exceeding 600,000 sold copies. 
image.png.829ab7a83189208d1adbbf8c6a74da7c.png


Recommended Comments

  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

The UK has taste. We been knew. :tiffdrink:

Sometimes they do but I can’t forgive them for never giving her a #1 album. That is tasteless :tiffdrink:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Sometimes they do but I can’t forgive them for never giving her a #1 album. That is tasteless

TEA. :meryl:

Especially when In The Zone peaked at #13. Like, what is that. :ehidk: What kind of tomfoolery is a #13 peak for Primeney especially when the album gave them three #1 singles. :lessons:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The real ones with the taste are the Canadians. 6 #1 albums and 9 #1 singles

Yet Overprotected peaked at #22 but we ain't gonna talk about that. :tiffdrink:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

TEA. :meryl:

Especially when In The Zone peaked at #13. Like, what is that. :ehidk: What kind of tomfoolery is a #13 peak for Primeney especially when the album gave them three #1 singles. :lessons:

Yes! That’s what shook me when I first found out like tell me how that adds up? :lessons:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Yet Overprotected peaked at #22 but we ain't gonna talk about that. :tiffdrink:

#22 is still a big hit though but Crazy was a #3 hit for them so slayyyy (and #5 hit for the UK so they get somewhat a free pass) :haha:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes! That’s what shook me when I first found out like tell me how that adds up? 

Me Against the Music went to #1 before the album release so there should be a lot of hype and anticipation for the record. :imacat: Like, was everyone asleep in November 12? :deadbanana:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

#22 is still a big hit though

Would've given you a NO react for this. :chrissy: and you tried it, #22 is a moderate hit - at best. :tiffdrink:

7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

but Crazy was a #3 hit for them so slayyyy (and #5 hit for the UK so they get somewhat a free pass)

:ohwut:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
25 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Me Against the Music went to #1 before the album release so there should be a lot of hype and anticipation for the record. :imacat: Like, was everyone asleep in November 12? :deadbanana:

I would’ve even forgiven a top 5 but #13 when MATM was #2 that week :beat:

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I would’ve even forgiven a top 5 but #13 when MATM was #2 that week 

I didn't know that. :idkney: Yeah #13 is just so, sooo off - especially cause this is Prime Britney. Like, it gives the impression that the album just completely missed the mark. :eheeek:

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:gloriascary:

or maybe the Darkchild Remix is just not as good as the original. But @Spicechinodiva is not ready for that conversation. :tiffdrink:

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block